It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think, just vote Democrat. Then reward yourself with fried chicken!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Yup. She actually said this.

dailycaller.com...

Snopes confirms it also.

Directed specifically to black voters:

On TV One, a network operating under the motto “Where Black Life Unfolds,” the first lady told “News One Daily” host Roland Martin, “And that’s my message to voters, this isn’t about Barack, it’s not about person on that ballot– its about you. And for most of the people we are talking to, a Democratic ticket is the clear ticket that we should be voting on, regardless of who said what or did this– that shouldn’t even come into the equation.”

Martin asked (at 7:15), “So can we, if we go out to the polls, can we, say, we have a souls to polls on Sunday, can we do soul food after we vote?”

Obama responded, “Absolutely. I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote."

I'm speechless.

edit on 6-11-2014 by 8675309jenny because: shortened title

edit on 6-11-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/14 by argentus because: Removed quote marks and "Michelle Obama", as she did not say it like that.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
what leaves me speechless are the people that think politics is a serious thing. that your vote matters, that you can make a difference like that.
people that think that are the actual low IQ voters.
if she had changed it to "Don't think about what candidates said, just vote whateva" she would have had my support.

i guess some people will do the whole "black person telling people to eat fried chicken"thing
but that's just a case of some people wanting to see racism under every rock.

+42 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Obama responded, “Absolutely. I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote.

If a white person had said this, they would have been called a racist -- saying the 'fried chicken' remark was a slur towards blacks

edit on 6-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

Obama responded, “Absolutely. I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote.

If a white person had said this, they would have been called a racist -- calling the fried chicken remark a 'slur' towards blacks

there was a time in history when slaves and prisoners were given lobster, and it was called "cruel and unusual' punishment" but if they said go eat lobster nobody would have complained.
lobsters have become such elitist bastards

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

This is what she said that irritated me.

"And for most of the people we are talking to, a Democratic ticket is the clear ticket that we should be voting on, regardless of who said what or did this– that shouldn't even come into the equation.”

That right there tells me what she really thinks of the people.

But then again, their base did vote them in twice, so maybe there is some truth there. eh?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
How about "Don't bother voting, just go eat some fried chicken instead." It makes more sense that way.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I might have said I voted Democrat if they gave me a bucket of Popeye's at the polls.

Seriously, I didn't vote this time, very unusual for me. But I'm so sick of the two party BS, I was going to vote Libertarian, Green or Constitutional party (in that order) and vote no on all new proposals. Things went about like I expected afterward, my vote wouldn't of made a difference. Still, I didn't make the polls, but I feel I can still complain about the results regardless.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

No pancakes?

Hey, she said it, might as well make the meal complete.

A good friend of mine turned me on to that combo...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I thought that was waffles?? I've heard of chicken and waffles but never chicken and pancakes. I guess there's not much difference really. I've never tried it.

edit on 11/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yeah, he just replied to my text about what She said and about my reply.

I apologize for the culinary faux pas

*Waffles

edit on 6-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So, it's no longer bread and circuses? Now it's fried chicken and American Idol!

yippie!

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

"Don't think, just vote"

This is what bothers me.

This is what those in DC desire.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I voted.

In today's economy, I can't afford to buy meals out very often.

I'm caught in the fried chicken fail group.

Next time I suppose I'll have to home brew some fried chicken. I imagine if the other team wins, I would be eating chicken while they proclaim a different food is on the menu. No win.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"For most of the people we are talking to, a Democratic ticket is the clear ticket that we should be voting on..."

“So can we, if we go out to the polls, can we, say, we have a souls to polls on Sunday, can we do soul food after we vote?”

Obama responded, “Absolutely. I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote."

Not that I would defend any Obama, but it's pretty clear she did NOT day what you stated she said in your title. Misleading.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't get how fried chicken or watermelon turned into a racist thing anyway? Who the hell doesn't like fried chicken? It is a glorious dish when done right! Watermelon... who doesn't like watermelon? It sings of hot lazy summer days.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Oh brother. What republican, speaking to a group of people who are primarily republicans, is going to tell them that they shouldn't always vote republican? Of course he's going to say "vote a republican ticket all the way". Would you fault him for that? Or a tea party politician telling mostly tea party constituents to vote for all the tea party candidates. Same thing.

The fried chicken thing is also a non-issue. He specifically asked her about eating soul food after voting. How else is she supposed to answer that question? There is nothing wrong with the term soul food. There are soul food restaurants that say on their sign, "Soul Food". And she didn't bring it up - the interviewer did.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I never quite grasped why it was racist myself either. Of course, I am from the south and I could put away some serious fried chicken and watermelon (with a salt shaker of course). I'm not sure where the whole stereotype originated from.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
what leaves me speechless are the people that think politics is a serious thing. that your vote matters, that you can make a difference like that.
people that think that are the actual low IQ voters.
if she had changed it to "Don't think about what candidates said, just vote whateva" she would have had my support.

i guess some people will do the whole "black person telling people to eat fried chicken"thing
but that's just a case of some people wanting to see racism under every rock.

Re-read what was said, she was asked if black people who vote Democrat could then eat soul food (ie black food)

She replied with the fried chicken.

If that were said by a white person or white-hispanic, or asian, they would have been vilified and destroyed for life.

There is a clear double standard in the media today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join