It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird coincidences - what are they?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Things like this happen to me all the time.

Just about everyday I notice something like this...it is weird isn't it? Like you think of a movie scene out of the blue, from something you saw years ago, and then later in the day, someone else mentions the same thing...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I had a small one today. I was writing a email, retelling an old story of mine, (which I seldom speak about) and when I was done writing the word "Jaegermeister" (liquer) I noticed on my the right hand part of the screen an advertisement for "Jagarmastaren" (swedish for "Jaegermeister") - that wasn�t liquer but a swedish hunting gear brand.

That was a little weird. I�d love to have one of those predictions of stuff to happen though, like the window thing or the fish story. Really cool.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I did have another weird thing happen. It was years after the fish 'prediction'......

I had married and moved out into the country....a winding quiet back road, but with a sharp curve directly in front of the house. There had been a disturbing number of accidents, --none with serious injuries-- but enough
so that we had moved our driveway entrance to the other end of the yard so as to be away from the curve.

This one afternoon we were in the back yard working, when the all too familiar sound of screeching tires and crashing metal interrupted us. We dropped what we were doing and ran to the front, expecting the worst as the crash had been particularly loud.....there was nothing!! No cars, nothing in the road that might have fallen from a passing truck, nothing.

My husband walked up the road to look around the curve, but came back shaking his head...nothing there either. We had both heard it...but where was it?? He jumped into his car to drive around the corner, to see if there was a crash on the road that ran around the back of the neighbor's field.

I returned to my work in the back yard, but I had no more that picked up my hoe when I heard almost the exact same sound! Screeching tires, crashing metal -- just as it had sounded minutes before!! When I reached the front, this time there was a reason for the sound.....2 cars and a large feed truck had collided!! No one was seriously injured, but one man was almost thrown from his car as it was spun around from the force of hitting the truck, another was cut and bleeding from the flying glass.

It took my husband less than ten min. to circle the 'block' ( about 2 miles), he pulled in the yard with his jaw hanging....it was as if the wreck we
had 'heard' the first time had magically appeared while he was gone!!

We have often discussed this odd occurence-
-how could we both have 'heard' that wreck a good 20 min. before it happened!??

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sometimes when im out i put on a cd in my discman and the cd ends just as i enter my front door, or just as i step off the bus. But these concidences are only small.

I used to work on the streets of London, signing people up to charities, sometimes i would talk to three people in a row called Joe, then three people called Alex. Or sign up 5 people all with the same star sign as me.

Lately, i have been getting really good at thinking about a certain person, randomly, and then 10 seconds later they will call me.

My coincidences are linked with friends mainly.
Here are two pretty cool ones that occured recently.
I was dreaming about being in a room, looking out into a beautiful garden, then i called my friend and asked her if she wanted to come to a party, then i was awoken by the same friend ringing my phone that was next to my bed.
A couple of weeks ago i was sitting in a lecture, really bored so i sent my friend a text message, a simple
no text, when i spoke to her a couple of days later i found out that two minutes before she recieved my message, she was talking to a Harri Krishna man in the street, he wanted to give her a book, she told him to keep it as her house owned lots of similar books, and to give it to someone else who didn't have access to the books, then he produced a sticker and stuck it to her, an indian style smily face!

They are always there if you are willing to see, for example i just did a search for The Celestine Prophecy, one of the first results was www.maui.net...
If you look at this site and scroll down, notice 'Sandy' Sandy is my name, usually when i find someone else with my name they are female, however like me this Sandy is male, I've met four male Sandys in my life, one is my dad. Not a big coincidence by any stretch of the imagination, but like i say they are always there if your willing to notice.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here's a small one I had occur to me just last week. I went in to work just to BS with my co-workers for a while while taking a break from studying we started talking about bands and concerts and asking which classic rock bands I hadn't seen yet. So after a while we said that one of the only ones I hadn't seen and might be able to see would be AC/DC I no sooner to walk out to my car and AC/DC is playing.. now here's where it gets weird I turn the station cause I mean you can only hear thunderstruck so many times and the other two radio stations I hit are also playing AC/DC at the same time. different songe mind you but I was like Huh.. So I guess if AC/DC announces a concert in my town any time soon I shouldn't be surprised.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The environment that I have found most conducive to this type of occurance was the Grateful Dead experience. When one is surrounded by large numbers of people in a variety of altered conditions, the common nature of these occurances can become overwhelming. I am not aware of any formal research into this particular phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Interesting that.......their minds being more 'expanded',... I wonder if maybe stress might trigger a similar 'telepathy'. I have always done better on tests ( experiencing a sudden last minute enlightenment as it were) when taking them in the room with a bunch of high IQ types. ( And no, I did not cheat off their papers)

But not all of my coincidences are with human thoughts.....just moments ago I was printing out a receipe, and out of the blue wondered if I was out of ink ( the print looked fine-no hint of an ink prob ) As it finished, the 'ink low' popup appeared.....that makes about 3 or 4 little things today......think I'll run get a lottery tick!

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by billybob
it is xenochrony, a step beyond synchronicity.
the term, coined by frank zappa, is literally different recordings at different tempos on the same stretch of multitrack audiotape. the tracks are then mixed together to create a polyrythmic hybrid.

And btw, how would that relate to his story above, I don't quite get that.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

cool, dude. the lord loves a musician.
polyrythms are XTC.
why is it 'xenochrony' as opposed to mere 'synchronicity'?
if you think of synchronicity the way we all do, i.e. a 'weird coincidence', then you have done something analogous to calling an electron a 'particle', when in fact it is a frozen wave function. 'xenochrony' accounts for the trees AND the forest. there is not a bunch of discrete 'wierd coincidences', there are alternate timelines(audio tracks), each with it's own history and future, and there is the resonance, or common beats(synchronicity) and a bunch of 'whole greater than the parts' action that occurs.
zappa was a HUGE 'conspiracy theorist'. read his interview with 'bob marshall' for a great walk down retrointroperspective lane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join