It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden revealed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have to wonder.... If it is really him how long till he has some sort of unfortunate accident? You know like a car crash, helicopter crash, suicide with no history of depression.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is all a bunch of malarkey. Everyone knows Obama got him.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

originally posted by: Bedlam

I'm just glad they didn't make a movie about the delta team that got caught in the whorehouse. Yet.

:O

That's somehow the juiciest thing you've ever hinted at lol

It was all over the news, they just didn't really discuss it. And it took them a bit to even dance around the issue, so I didn't point it out here at the time.

But yeah, that happened. Even on your off time, you're not off. The DoD gets really edgy about that now.

Back in my day (this ain't no s---) our first sgt set up a sort of off-the-books payroll deduction plan for the local houses of ill repute. You didn't have to carry cash and get robbed, they didn't have to worry about not being paid, and a good time was had by all who wanted to participate. I thought it was an act of genius.

However, in 2005 Bush passed this little gem:

Under the new act, any servicemember convicted of patronizing a prostitute can receive a dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances and one year of confinement.

...even by going to a strip club or bar that allows prostitution

And this applies to any service member, contractor or civilian DoD employee, anywhere, all the time. So if you drop into the local version of Rick's Lounge or The Pump House, you face major problems if it comes to light.

Which, it did. Not through anything THEY did, but the people they were with couldn't handle their liquor or 'dates', and attracted undue attention.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Back in my day (this ain't no s---) our first sgt set up a sort of off-the-books payroll deduction plan for the local houses of ill repute. You didn't have to carry cash and get robbed, they didn't have to worry about not being paid, and a good time was had by all who wanted to participate. I thought it was an act of genius.

Hah, perfect.

However, in 2005 Bush passed this little gem:

Under the new act, any servicemember convicted of patronizing a prostitute can receive a dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances and one year of confinement.

...even by going to a strip club or bar that allows prostitution

And this applies to any service member, contractor or civilian DoD employee, anywhere, all the time. So if you drop into the local version of Rick's Lounge or The Pump House, you face major problems if it comes to light.

Which, it did. Not through anything THEY did, but the people they were with couldn't handle their liquor or 'dates', and attracted undue attention.

Eeesh. On the one hand, I get that service men are supposed to be 'exemplars' and what have you (especially the elite I guess), and that there are some pretty serious potential opsec issues involving alcohol, women, and ancient professions, but jeez, that's almost as bad as elementary school zero tolerance policies.

Ok, maybe not that bad lol.
edit on 7-11-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

I think this guy is full of it.

Basically I do believe he was a SEAL but I do not believe he shot Bin Laden, this is the same guy who done the esquire article and that article was widely criticised it just didn't sound right.

This is coming form a guy who is butt-hurt over his benefits pay and it trying to make a buck out of selling his story. Again I personally think he is full of it. There is quite a lot of press just now about how other SEALs are calling him a liar.

Also the article in the OP is wrong, he is not depicted in Lone Survivor because lone Survivor is about Marcus Luttrell and the men of SEAL Team 10, not DEVGRU, I honestly do not quite get why they are trying to make it sound like it had anything to do with O'Neil.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Anyone else noticed the flooding of the media with a SECOND supposed trigger man, muddying the waters of which one actually did it?

Cointelpro has never been so obvious....

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

who was the first claimed shooter?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

www.nbcnews.com...

A former member of the Navy SEALs has come forward claiming to have shot the Qaeda leader during the daring operation in Pakistan in 2011. Two years ago, another SEALs member said he was among those who shot Bin Laden. Meanwhile, multiple military officials and fellow SEALs have said that it was a third person, the point man on the darkened staircase that night, who fired the first shot that felled the terrorist leader.

Articles like this are flooding the media right now.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I dont think anyone in the media has actually bothered to read Mark Owen's book because at no point does he claim to have been the one that killed OBL, he only claims to have been in the room just after the shots were fired.

The shooter who was featured in the Esquire magazine was Rob O'Niell.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I dont think anyone in the media has actually bothered to read Mark Owen's book because at no point does he claim to have been the one that killed OBL, he only claims to have been in the room just after the shots were fired.

The shooter who was featured in the Esquire magazine was Rob O'Niell.
I think you are missing my point.

Its not about whats true. In fact, its about quite the opposite.

Why do you think these articles are flooding media sites right now?

A hint: it has nothing to do with getting to the truth.

Again, cointelpro has never been so obvious.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The media do not know what they are blabbering on about.

I have devoted quite a lot of time researching Bin Ladens biographical history, including his death, when you spend quite a bit of time reading these things you learn that the truth is much more interesting and darker than the conspirices, you also see that the media don't know what they are talking about. It may sound like semantics, but they cannot even get the name of the unit that took out OBL correct, so I am not surprised by some of the BS that they write about Neptune Spear.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

As for the op... Sooo this seal acted in all three movies? Zero dark, lone survivor, and captain Phillips? Or someone portrayed his likeness??? Either way WHY IN THE BLOODY EFFING H E DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICK is Hollywood concentrating so much on that one unit/guy?

No, he didn't act in them. Yes, he was involved in the events that the movies depict.

And I suspect the reason they concentrate so much on the one guy is that the missions are movie fodder.

Seriously, hostage rescue is a lot more exciting and understandable than the average non DA mission. I can see the alternative...

"SIGINT...The Mission"

cut to a dozen guys in camo in a jungle, possibly in Venezuela...

The senior Echo has a set of headphones on, crouched under a tree with a complicated set of OD green radio gear. The other guys are sleeping, reading Kindles or playing spades. The 150,000th spade game that year.

Captain: Got anything yet, Peters?
Echo Senior: I keep getting that I band emission. I've got lots of captures of that one. This afternoon, we can probably call it done and move to the airfield south of here.
Captain: Rog-o.

The movie rolls on for a couple of hours. Some of the guys eat. Some of them that were sleeping join the spades game. Others go to the river and take a crap, in pairs. The sun starts going down.

Echo Senior: That's a wrap, boss.
Captain: ok, go round up the guys on watch, let's pack this stuff up, we're out of here when it's good dark.

and the credits roll...

LMAO

Brings back memories. Except substitute a few CentAm countries in the 80's for Venezuela. Haven't played a game of Spades since i retired.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bg_socalif

Stay tuned for the thrilling sequels...

The first one's called "Red 1", where the guys endlessly debate the merit of Rook, booray and F--- Your Buddy over spades.

The second is called "Team Party: the Planning" and is rated R.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The media do not know what they are blabbering on about.

I have devoted quite a lot of time researching Bin Ladens biographical history, including his death, when you spend quite a bit of time reading these things you learn that the truth is much more interesting and darker than the conspirices, you also see that the media don't know what they are talking about. It may sound like semantics, but they cannot even get the name of the unit that took out OBL correct, so I am not surprised by some of the BS that they write about Neptune Spear.
K, you're still not getting it, though.

All of this is being put out there to muddy the waters. It has zero to do with the truth.

In fact, it has to do with misinformation.

People are not happy he came forward. What better way to take the power from him that to surround the story with questions?

Its a misinfo campaign.

How is this not obvious to people?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join