It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Next Level BS #17: The American Republic is Dead; Welcome to the New Feudal America

page: 1
69
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
On the morning after the national midterm election, this episode of Next Level BS is more of an OpEd than our previous episodes. We're not bleeding heart liberal hand-wringers lamenting over the bloodbath, no, far from it. We'd put this episode out even if it was a Republican bloodbath. We see the 2014 midterm election as the final step in the death of the American democratic republic, and maturation of the new American Feudal System. The people in DC are no longer decided by the voters, instead, powerful billionaire oligarchs serve as feudal lords, picking their favored knights to appear in the jousting matches in DC.




Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com


Share this video. Tell your friends. Expose the Next Level BS!


Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Or, just go to the website: www.theNLBS.com




posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I love the way that those liberals who strive for compassion are sarcastically labeled "bleeding hearts" as if empathy is a bad thing in and of itself. Other than that unconscious slander of those of the liberal persuasion, I agree with the op on the rest of the post.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Our sarcasm was directed at those who would use the derogatory term.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thought the "feudal lords" have been around for ages?

I wonder what specific events will trigger this "New" Era?

Will the events be economic, social, or total police state authority?

Maybe a sweet corporate combination will do.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For the record ?

'Democratic' Republic is an oxymoron.

There is no such thing.

It's either or.

Democracy= Mob rule where the people,politicians are for sale.

Republic= More choice than either D's and R's. where the constitution primarily tells both sides to stick it.

The country is a Republic period.

Ok well use to be long before last nite 'end'.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Congratulations on voting for change.

New faces, same old message, regardless of what party they represent.

Why oh why do we bother?



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A Constitutional Republic you are not, and despite the presumptuous ramblings of MANY Americans, a democracy you are not. The most accurate analogy would be that your POTUS is equivalent to Darth Vader and the US Government is the Galactic Empire. Emperor Palpatine is the Banksters.

The question is "where are all the Jedi" and who will lead the rebellion?



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Maybe a sweet corporate combination will do.






posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberSonic
A Constitutional Republic you are not, and despite the presumptuous ramblings of MANY Americans, a democracy you are not. The most accurate analogy would be that your POTUS is equivalent to Darth Vader and the US Government is the Galactic Empire. Emperor Palpatine is the Banksters.

The question is "where are all the Jedi" and who will lead the rebellion?



The rebel alliance are still trying to make sense of it all.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The funny thing is, I overheard an anchorman refer to it as the new government....


Lol



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

By far favorite episode.

Well done.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Dude...

It would be superfluous at this point, to make much of the fact that you keep putting out videos of high quality, so allow me, if I may, to merely add my hearty agreement to pretty much every point you made in this episode.

Keep it up!



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: CyberSonic
A Constitutional Republic you are not, and despite the presumptuous ramblings of MANY Americans, a democracy you are not. The most accurate analogy would be that your POTUS is equivalent to Darth Vader and the US Government is the Galactic Empire. Emperor Palpatine is the Banksters.

The question is "where are all the Jedi" and who will lead the rebellion?



The rebel alliance are still trying to make sense of it all.


Theyre still in nappies



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well America is the new Rome. Back in the Roman era only the wealthy land owners were allowed to vote in modern day America only wealthy corporation owners are allowed to choose who runs for office. And we all know what happened to Rome.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

For the love of God neo96, if you are going to comment on terms like republic, and democratic, you might want to learn what they actually mean.

A republic is merely a state in which the people hold supreme power, and has an elected leadership, rather than a monarchy. That is all. The term only describes the state, and has nothing to do with the precise methodology which is applied to elections.

Democracy describes a situation where people have the right to vote, the right to redress of grievances, equality under the law, and so on and so forth, but with regard to republics, the main way to think about democracy is that a Republic, in order to be so called with any legitimacy, must have a democratically valid election (that is, one in which each vote cast holds equal value, and where the people have a choice as to who to vote for).

The supreme power in the Republic known as the United States of America, is applied by the people on a four yearly basis, via a democratic election. The two are not mutually exclusive. Oddly enough, the main problem at the moment seems to be, that the democratically valid election has been rendered irrelevant by vast amounts of PAC money, from private interest groups. Frankly, what you have there seems to be a situation where the democratic election has been replaced by a puppet show, with money men pulling strings to make it LOOK like things are not sliding toward a corporatocracy situation.

That is however, what seem to be happening. Corporations have been trying to take over the election process of many western governments for years, although they have had back channel control over them for some time I believe. However, this mid term is the most overt example of corporatocracy that I have ever seen, and let me tell you now, there is near to nothing more toxic to a republic, than corporate control, because it takes that supreme power away from the people, placing it instead in the hands of a minority of powerful, wealthy schemers.

I should also point out, that on the subject of republics in general, a nation being a republic does not prevent any kind of tyranny. That is what your constitution is for. I am pretty certain that if the constitution of the United States of America was nearly as well respected by the politicians, and the voters (and by respected, I mean understood and respected, obviously) as it ought to be, then this crap detailed in the video, would not be happening.

It is also worth mentioning, that Nazi Germany was a republic, and tyranny they had in spades.

Again, it would be wise to familiarise yourself with the correct, technical definitions of terms like republic, and democratic, before you start running your mouth about how oxymoronic they might be when combined together.


+10 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit




For the love of God neo96, if you are going to comment on terms like republic, and democratic, you might want to learn what they actually mean


I agree.




Democracy describes a situation where people have the right to vote, the right to redress of grievances, equality under the law, and so on and so forth, but with regard to republics, the main way to think about democracy is that a Republic, in order to be so called with any legitimacy, must have a democratically valid election (that is, one in which each vote cast holds equal value, and where the people have a choice as to who to vote for).


But the electoral college decides elections. Only a hand full of 'states' decide our elections.

Each state given different values. Which is hardly 'representative'.

Hardly 'equal'.





Again, it would be wise to familiarise yourself with the correct, technical definitions of terms like republic, and democratic, before you start running your mouth about how oxymoronic they might be when combined together.


Yeah it would be wise for some to familarize themselves with the 'American' process.

And last thought.

No need to be RUDE.
edit on 5-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I really don't agree with blaming the dark money. Its the system that is at fault, not the dark money behind it. The fact is, people vote to re-elect the bad guys pretty much every single election. The fact that the person in office shares almost none of their opinions does not concern them. Its uneducated foolishness. There are so many problems I could go on forever, but here is one basic idea:
To make an educated decision about whether someone is fit for a job it takes one to three hours. Nobody has that kind of time, so the whole voting system is stupid. People who hire others for a job don't count on sound bites that sound good and a few taglines. And even then it only helps to screen out really bad candidates... social sciences have not evolved enough to the point where businesses can make a good choice in selecting the best candidate.

Begging at the feet of a power-broker for solutions is foolish. If you have a problem, FIX IT and DO SOMETHING, NOW. Don't wait for a politician to help you out. The reason charities exist is because people have a genuine interest in helping their fellow man. The reason governments exist is because they have a genuine interest in exerting their power and authority over others. So, if you want to help people out or solve a problem, do it your self. Start a charity. Involve your self with another charity. As soon as even 15% of any population realizes that is the day things start changing for the better instead of changing for the worse.

The voting system is corrupt in the first place. First of all the best case scenario is the the is tyranny of the majority where 51% rule over the other 49%. And to some degree that can be resolved with super-majority rules. But the majority is actually less than 25% of the population in almost any "democratic country" because only half the population votes. I'm sorry but 51% telling the other 49% what they have to do is ridiculous. And it ends up even worse because 20% tell the other 80% what they have to do in practice. Unless a bare minimum of 2/3rds of all adults in a country don't support any given government action, that action should immediately end without hesitation. There are lots and lots of problems, lots and lots of solutions, but a population is too uneducated, too gullible, and too cowardly to fix this stuff. So, if you want something done right do it your self and don't count on someone else to do it for you because they won't.

Raising the minimum wage is asking someone else to solve your problem. If you are concerned about the minimum wage, buy fair-wage products and ask your friends to do the same. That is the proper way... voluntarily. If all liberals would all agree to buy fair-wage products then just maybe that would solve the minimum wage problem overnight.


+19 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know about your nations process Sir.

The fact remains that you are famed on these boards for having zero respect for democracy, just because your nation, by way of having an electoral college, rather than just having a free public vote, is incapable of actually applying a democratic principle to its electoral system.

It is not the democracy that is the problem, the problem is that there is no democracy in evidence, a fact you continuously like to sidestep, shimmy around, and dissemble away from, just as you did above. Prattle such as your response above, is one of the many factors which makes the corporate bodies who are driving wedges between your nations people, capable of hijacking your republic in the first place.

As for being rude Sir, I do apologise if my post came off as in any way ill mannered, but I tire somewhat of hearing the same, tired, fallacious argument from you over the republic/democracy issue. The two are not mutually exclusive at all, and in fact one is very difficult to achieve in any meaningful manner, without the other, which you should know, since it is the LACK of a genuinely democratic process in your country due to corporate hijacking, which currently causes problems for the voting public, and the country as an entity unto itself!



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
For the record ?

'Democratic' Republic is an oxymoron.

There is no such thing.

It's either or.

Democracy= Mob rule where the people,politicians are for sale.

Republic= More choice than either D's and R's. where the constitution primarily tells both sides to stick it.

The country is a Republic period.

Ok well use to be long before last nite 'end'.



We may have been a republic at one time but it died with the election of Lincoln.



posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Actually I've been taught that a democracy is mob rule, whereas a Republic is rule of law, binding all politicians. I must basically agree with Neo here.

Anyway, for anyone interested, here's a link to a short video about types of government that describes them succinctly, imo:




new topics

top topics



 
69
<<   2 >>

log in

join