It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the atheists out there

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Can you see oxygen? Although you can't see it, you would know it if it disappeared. Same with God, I was an atheist, but I don't know now because of some recent experiences.

I'd be interested in hearing those experiences.

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Is god a woman?

I don't know why God would need a gender.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Hey atheists if there is no God then how do you explain everything. If there is no God then how was the universe created? Dont say the big bang because something had to creat the atoms needed for the big bang to happen. The evidence of God is everywhere. For without God there would be nothing. Bottum line is there has to be some sort of all-powerful force. We call that force God.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Croat56]

If God created everything, who/what created God? And don't say that "God has just always been there" because by your own argument, something had to create it?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelForbin
Hey all you god people out there, if there's a god, then how do you explain him being here? Did god have parents? Who created god's parents? God's grandparents? Who created them? A cosmic fart?

God wasnt created. He didnt have a beginning and he didnt have an end. He is the creater not the creatie.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Hey god people. If there is a god how do you explain two completely different testaments of his will?

My Bible has an old and new, but not two completely different ones. Maybe if you explained further, it would help.

How do you explain god allowing people use his words to opress and kill people?

Mankind's fault. God 'allows' man their free-will. It's what they've wanted all along (see Adam and Eve).

How do you explain all of the scientific evidence to the contrary of god?

Explain please. My study of the sciences shows nothing contrary.

How do you explain god allowing his word being interpreted incorrectly?

Mankind's free will. We're not robots. What's the point of a civilization of robots?

Why would god allow people to quarrel over his existance creating holy wars?

Mankind. There's a recurring theme here. We want free-will then blame God for the consequences. Nice...

Bottom line, is that you should let people worship what they like and leave them the hell alone...

No-one can 'make' people believe anything.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

God wasnt created. He didnt have a beginning and he didnt have an end. He is the creater not the creatie.

Please, at least try to explain why this can't apply to the universe itself? Why can god not be created, but the big bang has to be created?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
No-one can 'make' people believe anything.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by saint4God]

That doesn't stop them from trying.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Please, at least try to explain why this can't apply to the universe itself? Why can god not be created, but the big bang has to be created?

He wasnt created he alwasy was. If the big bang was not created then there would be no universe.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Hey atheists if there is no God then how do you explain everything. If there is no God then how was the universe created? Dont say the big bang because something had to creat the atoms needed for the big bang to happen. The evidence of God is everywhere. For without God there would be nothing. Bottum line is there has to be some sort of all-powerful force. We call that force God.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Croat56]

And how many times have you actually *seen* God?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And how many times have you actually *seen* God?

God is in everything so i guess a million trillion times

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
For the person that said 'Energy created the Big Bang' Where did the energy come from? Energy is still 'something' that had to have been created by 'something else'.

So, Assuming that the Bible is true. Who created Adam? According to the story in Genesis, God did. It also sais that God use to walk and talk with Adam, so adam really did not have any reason to doubt the existance of God.

Say God created Adam, and then didn't walk and talk with him so that Adam really had no idea how he ended up on earth. Would he believe in God? Possibly he would have concluded after a while that he was the only human around, he had no previous memories so something 'must' have happened. (What would you think in that same situation).

Does that mean God didnt create him? Of course not.

Of course humans can not comprehend something beyond time. We have a beginning and an end. How can you explain something that has always been there before the start of time.. that created the notion of time?

Another question. What is time?

Tell me what would happen if these rules changed.

Humans have no need for sleep.
Humans never age. i.e. we live forever
It is always day - no night.

How would time be measured?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I say alien high school experiment - "I made all the energy in the bottle like the instructions said and it just disappeared on me", the alien kid says to it's teacher. Teacher responds - "That's how other Universes get created, you just goofed on step 6 of the experiment. Now we'll have to go monitor it and see just what you've created...."

Wouldn't the big G** want an exacting record of his handy work instead of something nebulous and open to human translation error?? Plus the universe around us is far more grand an accomplishment and it gets a couple of lines in a book and that's it?? And where's our damn instruction manual....

Atheism is about proof - science is about proof. Religion is about faith. Science can examine the records of time and our universe back to something like 10 to the minus 49 seconds with existing physical laws. Science has a very good picture but the not complete story on Earth's formation and of human and other species evolution. To ignore such facts and rely on blind faith and a few storybooks, passed down for a couple thousand of years is not something many of us are willing to do. Couldn't the big G** have conjured up and left us a mighty pillar of diamond etched with his words?? Would be a whole lot more believable.

Most people also do not find religion and faith - they are force fed it by their parents and that is pretty much brainwashing.... Most religions and the churches that support them are about mob control, power and cash - always have been and always will be. Do this, pay us some alms and you will not get a lightning bolt up your bum and will be saved for all eternity in a nice place...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Atheism is about proof - science is about proof. Religion is about faith. Science can examine the records of time and our universe back to something like 10 to the minus 49 seconds with existing physical laws.

Spoken like a true believe in .... other people? Do you know for a fact that science has accurate proof of what you just quoted above? No of course you dont. You made that up. And even if you did read it somewhere, that is all you did. You read it somewhere.

What credability is there in what any scientist writes down unless there is abosolute proof? There is no proof as it is all theories which scientists can not even agree on.

So how is your belief in science any different to a belief in God when the same principle of 'belief' applies to both.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
shmick25 you got me - I believe in science
Actually the theories used back into that early times of the universe fit quite well with the current makeup of the universe - there are lots of corroborating "proofs" that fit the observed data and it comes from many fields. I still maintain my alien theory although not likely provable until that alien kid comes over here and fesses up!!

Yes - some theories are just put out there but they get tested and the evidence may be a while in coming due to our pea sized intellects. Big Bang is a good example - was hypothesized well before the evidence was found by Penzias and Wilson and they weren't even looking for it. The math and physics and chemistry used to derive back to the early universe have been pulled together over a number of years and across all those fields. That they agree is very cool and so far is still holding. No, I am not theoretical physicist and yes I read Guth and the other's that pioneered this work. It's not easy reading and I have to "believe" in their math but I am actually quite impressed that they've been able to come up with the theories in the first place let alone have the observed data actually fit.

More fun stuff - if there is a godly entity that made us, why didn't it give us a more stable planet cause this one's kind feisty or does it just like to play bad creator or do shoddy work??

Or how about a Sun that will not blow up into a Red Giant, thereby wrecking it's handiwork and all us humans at the same time??

And what about all the crud floating around in our solar system, playing a proverbial game of Russian roulette with the planet - what's up with that??

Thing's got a bad habit of not doing such good work and is so far from perfect that it's not even funny anymore - and it wants me to kow tow to it like a spoiled brat with a big ego - yeah right....

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We can't explain those things. You know what we did instead? CREATED RELIGION. Stories to explain that stuff we can't comprehend.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i believe *everything has a biggining, and everything has a end*. God doesnt fit into this, because apparently he never had a biggining.
Yet, the Big bang.... i see biggining, and yes, the big crunch = end

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

He wasnt created he alwasy was. If the big bang was not created then there would be no universe.

Why does the big bang need to be created by some god? If god can exist without creation then why can't teh big bang? Or, also, why can't the big bang (inflation theory) be wrong, and the universe simply has allways existed like it is now, eternal, no begining no end, and no creator?

UofCinla
To ignore such facts and rely on blind faith

The thing to keep in mind here is that no scientific theory states that god doesn't exist nor does any scientific theory even attempt to answer that question. Science doesn't give us 'proof' that god doesn't exist. it only tells us how things work. Just as it can't prove that god does exist, it can't prove it doesn't exist either.

I believe in science

You should not. Science is not something that deal in 'beleif', at least not outside of the ordinary usage of the word. Any theory, no matter how well supported, can be overturned in a moment. Furthermore, scientific theories are not really siad to be 'true'. They are, at best, said to be potentially similiar to the truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Universe had to be created because it is not divine like God.

Okay you guys out there who are like why do you listen to the bible its crap, well alot of the stories in the bible are just that stories. Its the message that matters not the story. Im pretty sure there wasnt an adam and eve, but its the message we should look at no the ac tual story. Its just like the boy who cried wolf, we know this story was made up but its the moral that matters.

Now dont you misunderstand either while some stories in the bible arent true, the major ones are like jesus and moses.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
At the end of the day, not all people in the world will EVER believe in the same thing. It just wont happen. Science, Religion, Materialism whatever brings some sort of value to peoples life.

Out of all these, can any one of them make a person happier? Can any one of these answer the questions that people ask? On your death bed, what do you want to here.

1. We found the evidence that the world was created by a big bang
2. You have won a new car
3. God does exist, there is an afterlife.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Hey god people. If there is a god how do you explain two completely different testaments of his will? How do you explain god allowing people use his words to opress and kill people? How do you explain all of the scientific evidence to the contrary of god? How do you explain god allowing his word being interpreted incorrectly? Why would god allow people to quarrel over his existence creating holy wars? Bottom line, is that you should let people worship what they like and leave them the hell alone...

oh this one is to easy,even you Thorfin know the answer yourself that any Christian will give,there is an anti god as well as a God one that doesn't want you knowing there is a God,and may i say he dose a damn good job on alot of people,, he is undoubtedly the King of this world but his days are numbered in this world just like yours and mine.God is our Father,how would your father feel if you started calling another man Dad,or your son turned his back on you and called another man Dad.
It is widely believed that when All have heard of Gods Son dying for us so that we can have a relationship with God he will destroy those who refused to believe and chain up Satan for a thousand years and then let him out again to see in my opinion if man has learnt his lessons

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join