It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spiritual trolling: sinning, behaving badly and doing despicable things as a way to gain enlightenme

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

there is no enlightenment on the bright side, just giggling girls and Justin Bieber and late night talk shows

Jesus said, "Whoever does not hate father and mother cannot be my disciple, and whoever does not hate brothers and sisters, and carry the cross as I do, will not be worthy of me."

This is why I don't resonate with Islam and Christianity, I believe any religion that promotes procreation is for the unevolved masses.
edit on 531130Thu, 06 Nov 2014 23:53:38 -0600201438pAmerica/Chicago2014-11-06T23:53:38-06:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

civilization is sterilization
Brave New World, Aldous Huxley

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I read you as describing the kinds of acts which would isolate you from traditional accepted behaviors in your community or society, resulting in an increased sense of isolation- and individuation.

That would force you to become more introspective, and begin observing your self inside (observation objectifies the self).

That has some validity I think, as far as increasing self awareness. You could also go to a different environment, a different country, in which you'd be isolated even without trying to do so. Even in trying to be good and just, you might be isolated from the others.... which would even give you the opportunity to choose to believe "everyone else is corrupt and bad, I am the only good one here".

At least for a while, until you are forced to recognize there is no static universal good or bad, it is just morals agreed upon by groups of humans, and those vary between groups.

Then you end up really seeing yourself from a distance, as you are, in all your characteristics, neither good nor bad, just as if they were different colors.... that feels like a growth in self awareness, without the self rightiousness.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist

As for being compressed like coal that resonates a lot with my observations. I wrote about how I think oppression is the growing pains of the soul. I definitely believe that the least evolved people are the most extrovert and emotionally intelligent and that the more you evolve the more introvert, sensitive and chronically depressed you get. Evolved people don't procreate. Anyone who gets children is a brute who must keep evolving.

I think you're getting this a bit twisted here. I believe you should reanalyze the psychology itself. Introverts think more heavily on the consequences of their actions. This includes financial implications, emotional strain, and the overarching difficulties of raising children. That's why they are less likely to have them. Extroverts care more for the thrill of having the kids themselves, and think less on the later consequences. This isn't an issue of evolution so much as it is different approaches to answering the same question.

And I also think that happy, emotionally intelligent people are useful idiots who serve as a tool to enlighten the miserable and disturbed, the former group being blind and the latter having eyes.
There is purpose in all things, and balance is always maintained perfectly. Whether you be extroverted or introverted, both serve to complement the other. Where there is one demonstrating what they do best, the other shall observe and learn from them. That quiet loner who hangs around in the library may find himself feeling more sociable when the friendly, energetic lass stops in for internet access after school. Obversely, the goofy often headstrong quarterback who makes sure to say his prayers every night may find himself thinking more heavily on world events when his studious brother informs him of foreign violence against people who share his faith. Because of such balance, you must also remember that people can change. They can become hardened to the harshness of the world, but they can also be gladdened by the good things that happen. It's not always a matter of black and white, and certainly isn't a matter of one being superior to the other; that's thinking too much in terms of binary when the nature of our existence is inherently quantum.

www.jewishencyclopedia.com...

Here's a large list of reasons why people would be admitted into an insane asylum in the time period this study was conducted: Insane asylum admissions list

Apparently in that time period, egotism, greed, laziness, and an immoral lifestyle were all reasons to be considered insane... all of which could easily be attributed to anyone in modern times, not simply those particular folk. To think that study would have any sort of efficacy, let alone be relevant is plain silly.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

to each their own, I don't share many of your views, and not many other people's views either for that matter

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join