It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama News Conference Post Election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the Øbama 1 hour speech to the reformed Congress, after the voter day defeat/rejection of the Øbama Administration/regime...

actually sounded more like a long winded apology to the now anti-Øbama House & Senate

Øbama was praiseful of the military, Christian Status Quo in Society and a lot that he lambasted before (for 6 yrs)... when he had both Houses of Congress blackmailed by his racism BS and his Muslim Brotherhood lovefest style of demagoging the American System, History, Legacy...

all i seen was the WH imposter trying to cozy up to the Powers that can impeach him and his whole cabinet as saboteurs of the economy/health care/military/militarization of police/open borders/etc etc...

ADD: Presidential overreach in many various areas
- - - - -allowing waves of diseased West Africans into country--- in conflict to long established normal quarantine protocols
the list of deliberate shortcomings feigned as 'mistakes' makes my head spin that the term Traitorous is as rare as hens teeth

what feeble flake of a golf duffer impostering as a world leader

edit on th30141522564705142014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th30141522613305222014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: _Del_

Law after law? Just to force the Pres. to veto? Just to make him look bad?

What does that accomplish, exactly?

It's really not too late for these idiots, other wise known as the Democrats, and Republicans; to start to work together for the benefit of the nation as whole...

I'm all for that. I don't think those parties will come to agreements. They are too busy polarizing themselves. In that light, trying to accomplish virtually anything by passing laws (that is why we have a Congress after all) is preferable to sitting on their hands and saying they can't find enough common ground to do anything.

Both parties are expert at the blame game and finger pointing. I'd like Congress to try to govern and pass laws. I would like the President to execute his office to his ability, even when that means vetoing, and let the chips fall as they may without the constant finger pointing. Save the campaigning for election years.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
WOW.

MSNBC pundits criticizing Obama and calling Boehner and McConnell deal makers.

Did I just wake up in alternate universe??

"The Ed Show" is on now. I think we merged back to the reality I know again, because it's pure vitriol now.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Yup, I noticed that too.

My prediction is there will be a lineup change in the near future.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Is not going to be ugly, Is going to be amusing, I am sure he holds the last card in his way to whatever he needs to have accomplished before he leaves the white house.

He will find another "fixer" beside the ebola one to help him get "things done"

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
The graphic showing the 249-179 House majority didn't last long on the screen. Heard a lot about the Senate yesterday and some about the Governors, but I didn't realize how big the gains in the House were.

Maybe Congress will actually pass a budget the next two years. They need to just pass law after law through House and Senate and let Obama veto them all. No more not letting bills come to vote so Obama doesn't have to veto them, and the Dems in the Senate didn't have to publicly support or reject them.

I suspect, however, that the Republicans will completely drop the ball, attempt endlessly to reach compromise with a President unwilling to compromise, accomplish virtually nothing on their own other than finger pointing, self-destruct on lightning rod issues instead of governing and then throw up their hands in 2016 and say, "Well, we tried". And then they'll be surprised when the public doesn't particularly care why they didn't accomplish anything, only that they didn't.

Sufficiently cynical?

Yep the Rupubics will roll over and say can't we all just get along rather than telling reid that you changed the rules so now you have to live with them and the dems will scream that nobody will work with them. Remember the you all can sit in the back of the bus comment the BHO made when he had the house and the senate? What goes around comes around and I hope the Repubics will give reid a taste of his own medicine and tell him to go to the back of the bus.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
in the process of reading rules for radicals by alinksy and its insane how predictable that alinksy's rhetoric shows through with all that Obama says and does! Im sure I will be able to expand on this shortly. Loved seeing that little weazel squirm! My guess he goes postal as Alinksy would advocate and force congress to play defense! Oh buts its all for the greater good! No matter what you think of him atleast guys like Ted Cruz made it clear they would attempt to full back the lawless reigns! Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
you know i kinda half way expected him to come out and say "shame on you voters that placed the U.S. in Republicans hands."
instead he implied that the 2/3 that didn't vote are at fault.

With Obama, it's always someone else's fault. He has been pampered so long, he can't even recognize his own failures. Now that he doesn't have the Senate to hide behind, the real Obama is going to come out. We'll see every underhanded tactic to tear this country apart over the next 2 years. Like a child who doesn't want to share, he'll destroy what he can't keep all for himself.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Indeed, he is now most dangerous.

His comments that he isn't running for President again, they have an under-handed feeling of "I won't have to run, I'm staying in this office, by decree, or by design".

What if he can orchestrate some sort of..... "incident" to keep himself in office?

He is narcissistic enough to do that, I believe.

Could we see a false flag in the coming 2 years that, somehow, allows him to stay?

Very dangerous creature we have now, in one of the most powerful positions in the world.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

a reply to: HUMBLEONE

One of the longest Q&A sessions he's ever given. Evidence he knows he's screwed the pooch, imo.

Now he's playing the elder statesman, knowing full well he plans to be the best autocrat he can possibly be.

Nauseating.

ETA:

"It doesn't make me mopey. It makes me feel energized."

So now they know that the SLAVES are pissed off and tired of this institutionalized parasitism... so now they'll act all concerned....yada...yada..blah.. blah..blah.. still operating out of the same old tired playbook. It does usually work though...

Remember these closing words.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I'd like them to pass law after. It will show obama jamming it up and we can see how congress votes.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

His comments that he isn't running for President again, they have an under-handed feeling of "I won't have to run, I'm staying in this office, by decree, or by design".

Either that , or its "I cant run again, so I dont care how popular I am, what the constitution says or what people think, im going to do everything I can to get my agenda done"

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mugger

If the laws will actually accomplish something positive, I've no issue with it either.

But if it's just to make him look like an ass by wielding a lot of veto pen? Then I have an issue.

The intent is all.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Like Clinton did?

Like Bush did? Both of 'em?

He's not going to do anything of the sort.

Have any of you noticed how old he's gotten in the past eight years? Every President has been glad to leave office, they've no interest in Machiavellian machinations to stay in office. I suspect he'll be glad to leave.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Straight from the horse's mouth. He'll generously use his veto power and move forward unilaterally.

Strap on the seat belts. This is going to be ugly.

Live Link

Yea that's not a clear and early indication that folks will be working together well.

Notice the tactics. Come out by saying that the american people want us to be about getting things done....spin the election results his way.....but then says if he doesn't get his way he will act like a little king.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

WOW.

MSNBC pundits criticizing Obama and calling Boehner and McConnell deal makers.

Did I just wake up in alternate universe??

Chameleons. Party is over. Its not the "press" its entertainment. Otherwise they look like a bunch of folks standing around the beach with surf boards but cant surf. Heck my grandma can change a flat tire.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'd like to dedicate a little song to Mr President M'Barack Hussein Obama given the present circumstances.

After the audacity of hope, how about the audacity of change ?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
I mean... If the republicans keep him from doing anything and he uses executive orders to make things happen, I can't be mad. .

So if a Republican was in the Oval Office and he/she used his/her executive order to 'make things happen', would you be mad then?

That's the problem with moving forward unilaterally.
When a dem does it, the dems applaud but the republicans complain.
When a republican does it, the republicans applaud but the dems complain.

No one should rule by executive order. That's not how the system is supposed to work.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
you know i kinda half way expected him to come out and say "shame on you voters that placed the U.S. in Republicans hands."

Nancy Pelosi did that.
Hefficide did a great thread on it. Obama left it to Pelosi to blame the voter.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
I mean... If the republicans keep him from doing anything and he uses executive orders to make things happen, I can't be mad. .

So if a Republican was in the Oval Office and he/she used his/her executive order to 'make things happen', would you be mad then?

That's the problem with moving forward unilaterally.
When a dem does it, the dems applaud but the republicans complain.
When a republican does it, the republicans applaud but the dems complain.

No one should rule by executive order. That's not how the system is supposed to work.

Nah. I think if you have a congress that doesn't want to work with you, regardless of what the party is, if passing that executive order could make something happen that could benefit a group of people, then the order should be made. I don't care about party. I care about getting things done, and making this country livable for ALL people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join