It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to the GOP

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
NO is a good enough agenda for the Republicans for the next couple years,anything that slows down the descent into progressive madness!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Is so sad, to see people that truly believe in party lines when it come to their defeat when their party loses either congress of presidential elections.

I have been a voter since 1978, I have learn that when it comes to Americans politics is nothing but an illusion of choices given in the name of two parties

Haven't you people learned anything yet, History doesn't lie and neither our political system history, just because one party color or name dominates in any given elections it doesn't mean that the world is going to end, is just the same old crap with different name. the same old politicians names control politics either way like recycle trash they stay behind the scenes.

One party in power just perpetuate what the last party has accomplished.

Wake up people you have been duped.

edit on 5-11-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If all they do the next two years is say 'no' to Obama and stop his policies then I will consider that a success. In fact, I would venture many of the people who elected the Republicans elected them for just this reason.

If voters did it to stop Obama and his policies is one thing, but if the voters really want to send a message to Washington they need to vote a 3rd party in for the presidency. This will send a clear message that the voters are rejecting both parties. The conservatives are giving themselves a pat on the back, but in reality. the majority of Americans don't like them nor the democrats who spend most of their time bickering, ignoring their constituents and using corporation PAC money to influence their votes.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Not a Democrat actually - but you base the veracity of fact upon political affiliation? Not doing your username much justice with that approach. Facts are facts regardless of who quotes them.

Well, upon further digging, Cleveland was indeed a democrat, but not the same kind of democrat as today, or even JFK. He was a fiscal conservative.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Proof that there is only one party: there are no fiscal conservatives today. They both have their hands in the same pie, one preferring to enrich corporate sponsors through tax schemes, the other preferring to enrich corporate sponsors through war schemes.

You and I? Still getting worked over in the corner by the Republicrats.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Amen, brother.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You know the sad thing I realized today is that with only 52 republicans on the senate, you only need 3 RINOs to have a democrat controlled senate.

I wouldn't be surprised if half a dozen or more are RINOs.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I think you are partly right, but not on everything. I don't buy the whole "two party illusion/two sides of the same coin" concept that people are always bitching about. Look at the destruction that ONE party managed to accomplish all by themselves. Not one Republican voted for obaozocare, not ONE. Similarly, all of the crimes of Eric Holder and the IRS were ignored because democrats were in power and the MSM lapdogs enabled them..

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Are you seriously forgetting the Bush years???

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
You know the sad thing I realized today is that with only 52 republicans on the senate, you only need 3 RINOs to have a democrat controlled senate.

I wouldn't be surprised if half a dozen or more are RINOs.

Perhaps, but keep in mind that RINOs have the same self-preservation instinct as liberals. They will go along to get along. They wouldn't want to jeapordize their reelection chances.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Are you seriously forgetting the Bush years???

Not at all. That is when the Republican party jumped the shark, and why the TEA party emerged from it. Liberals can bash away at that administration and they will find much common ground with Republicans. I will say that given that, Bush was still a far better president than the manchurian assclown we have now.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The Bush administration created the very governance toys and handbook now deployed by the current bozo.

America has been seriously changed.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

"Republican" and "Tea"....those words only exist to give you a perception of choice.

As Loam has mentioned, GW's years saw the foundation laid for the police state.

In 1999 would you imagine that your local police force would have APCs? That the government could listen in on your calls without a warrant? That, as a prerequisite for boarding a plane, you would have to agree to be fondled? Or that you would be required to purchase health insurance, or risk fines and enforcement from the IRS?

As a border living resident, i am still dumbfounded at what I have to go through to travel into/out of Mexico.

They are colluding to screw us all over. and pretending that they aren't. Good cop/bad cop. Except they are both just really bad cops.

We watch folks argue all day over this nonsense. And not a single one of them can really name anything tangibly different between the two parties, outside of the lip service they provide.

So keep talking about how the Republicans are doing this, or the Tea party is doing that. We can throw in any other fictional group, too, if we want to make it more interesting. But that is neither the rubber, nor the road.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

BFFT, the bottom line is that I agree with you more than not. I believe that real change will ultimately have to come at the end of a gun barrel, unfortunately. I am just hoping that the tea party mentality will start to have some kind of influence on our politicians and positive change (not the liberal kind) can be realized that way before The People resort to force.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I believe the problem is that a majority of Americans are actually Libertarian and just don't know it. So they spend all their time shoe horning themselves into a pair of either blue or red shoes. But dammit, those shoes hurt, and its getting harder and harder to walk in them.

How much longer will it be before "moderates" realize that they aren't "moderates", but "libertarian"?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I believe the problem is that a majority of Americans are actually Libertarian and just don't know it. So they spend all their time shoe horning themselves into a pair of either blue or red shoes. But dammit, those shoes hurt, and its getting harder and harder to walk in them.

How much longer will it be before "moderates" realize that they aren't "moderates", but "libertarian"?

Most brilliant post ever.

Yet, I wouldn't underestimate the collectivist blood that runs through much of the country. Too many people fantasize about things being handed to them with ease.

In the end, way too many beggars and thieves. That's a big problem.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Totally agree. Most people I talk to are at the top of the bell curve, either a little on the left side or a little on the right, but right there in the middle. The two party/MSM paradigm would have you think that everyone is on one of two ends of a seesaw throwing rocks at each other.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

i don't think that is as true as we perceive. Human nature is to want to soar. We want to be excellent at something. Our ego demands it.

It is just a case of misused ego. And I just gave away my biggest secret of leadership and people management.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join