It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to the GOP

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Not a Democrat actually - but you base the veracity of fact upon political affiliation? Not doing your username much justice with that approach. Facts are facts regardless of who quotes them.

edit on 11/5/14 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

At this point neither party has a valid platform - other than going after the other party and nitpicking at the same old issues that have haunted us for the past fifty years ( abortion, gay marriage, etc ).

This. For truth.

Political discourse is purely "rewind/replay" over and over and over.

If I participate in what passes for "political discourse" any more, it creates a violent response in rejection of the blatant ignorance that is repeated as regurgitated sound bites. Ad nauseum.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That it was not a rejection of Obama. It wasn't a rejection of Democrat policies. It was a repudiation of the Democrat Party, again. It was another repudiation of Barack Obama. It was a repudiation of his policies and the direction he's taking the country. This was a rejection of Democrat incumbents.
Everything was local. So you had campaigns for the Senate and for the House featuring issues, primarily Obamacare, and spending and debt, and amnesty, but you didn't have a Republican agenda that was widely understood and widely known. This was a total, full fledged rejection of the Democrat Party, a huge smack down. The American people no longer approve, they no longer want, they no longer buy into, they no longer support what the Democrat Party and the president are attempting to accomplish. They want it stopped.
The American people simply voted to stop the POTUS and his ilk in the Senate and Congress from screwing up everything American's stood for. It will be up to the Republicans to make sure they take control, not comprimise and fix everything that has been done over the last 6 years.
President Obama, is going to have to learn to get along with the Republicans for the last two years of his term in office.

edit on 11 5 2014 by Ceeker63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

They have the Senate for two years under the end of Obama's lame duck reign. IMO the only "plan" is the one that has been in place for the past six years - be the party of "No".

You must be kidding right? who has not passed a budget in the last 6 years? Dingy Harry and the dems in the Senate. How many bills are laying on Reids desk over 300! So who has been the party of no for the last 6 years? I hope the Repubics shove the new rules that H.R. has enacted and shove right back down his pie hole.
edit on 5-11-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Well, the Republicrats keep not passing a budget. You know the Republicrats, right? Everyone votes for them in every election.

Eventually folks will do something about it. Until then we are just going to keep arguing over "Tastes Great" and "Less Filling".

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, the Republicrats keep not passing a budget. You know the Republicrats, right? Everyone votes for them in every election.

Eventually folks will do something about it. Until then we are just going to keep arguing over "Tastes Great" and "Less Filling".

The budget has been held up in the Senate not the House.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Different house, same people: Republicrats. It is all one party, where they pretend to be what they aren't: the same.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How many bills have the senate passed in last 4 years?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

yes. the party of "no". I get it. Its the way they have played the drama.

Hulk Hogan has played the "face" and he has played the "heel". And, just like DC, when he switches from one to the other everyone just kind of plays along. Because that is what we do with spectacle.

I think a better question would be, "What real discussions have happened in the last 4 years that make legislation worthwhile?" Most of what i see is petty name calling and finger pointing. Along with no shortage of audience members parroting their "side" around the water cooler.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yes. Yes. Yes.

The people in DC are no longer decided by the voters, instead, powerful billionaire oligarchs serve as feudal lords, picking their favored knights to appear in the jousting matches in DC.

We got the line up for the next episode of DC Smackdown. wonder if we will get a cage match in this episode?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Progressive policies were accepted throughout the country

Minimum wage was raised in some of the reddest states in the country, personhood amendments were crushed, and weed was legalized in a few states as well.

Democrats just don't know how to run an election, they ran from their core beliefs and Republicans snuck behind them and ran on progressive ideas and hency why they won and almost ran the table.

It also doesn't help that only 12% of the electorate that showed up to vote on Tuesday was under 30 years old and 30% was over 60.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

excuses excuses.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

excuses excuses.

The right should thank their lucky stars the under 40 did not come out. Way different story if they did.

It's like that old saying "can't teach a dog old tricks"...50 and over remember the good ol' days when holding someone back due to race, sexuality, sex and religion was common. That is why they vote republican...the party that stand for all those.

Times are going to get tough for the right in the future...their constituents will die off and the losses will be catastrophic for it's party.

Enjoy this victory...they will soon be becoming less and less.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

excuses excuses.

Also excuses are not needed..when you turn your back on your parties sitting President, you deserve losses.

I don't know about anyone else on the left, but I would never have voted for those who distanced themselves from the president...because it shows the lack of character they have.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

All my candidates that I voted for lost yesterday.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I haven’t watched MSNBC at all recently

I don't even like the channel or the people on it

I think it is you who is involved in superficial TV (Fox News) mentality in this case

My views were the same before MSNBC even existed

So your assumption is inaccurate

It may be that they are copying my views

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The idea that the dems or GOP are the same is to me a just not the case

Believe me I am not a democrat

But the fact is both parties have been for decades puppets of the oligarchs

The GOP though is worst

That’s just a fact

What does that mean?

It means that under them people suffer more: suicides are up, more poverty and disease etc…

That’s just a fact

That and that alone is why I say the dems are better

Indeed it is the difference between Cancer (the GOP) and the flu (Democrats in comparison

My philosophy in life has always been this:

Relieve suffering for human beings as much as possible anytime and anywhere under any circumstance

That’s all we have in this world I believe

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Keep in mind, there are many forms of flu that kill more people than cancer.

Just something to think about...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Now that you've regained the Senate, all eyes are on you.

DO NOT [expletive deleted] IT UP THIS TIME!!

Peanut gallery, discuss.

Well done, someone with something to say, so instead of saying to the people who matter you come on a forum board and say it like they are going to be here reading it!!

Well at least your little voice got heard by the 9 people reading this post!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join