It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats lost but there championed minimum wage increase won!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Democrats lost but there championed minimum wage increase won! This ballot measure won in 4 red states and is good for everyone affected.

This should be a eye opener for the new red congress. Both sides of the parties support raising the minimum wage, this is something Congress can work on and something Obama would sign. We can sit and argue and call names or the people we elect and pay to work for us can get busy, this is one area that apparently has bi partisan support and could lead to other types of cooperation in Washington D. C.

Alaska $7.25 will raise too $9.75 by 2016.

Arkansas $6.75 will raise too $8.50 by 2017

Nebraska $7.25 will raise too $9.00 by 2016

South Dakota $7.25 will raise too $8.50 by 2016

This is a area we can build on as we go forward!!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That's a far cry from the $15 an hour they were seeking. I think the numbers reflect normal cost of living increases and sound pretty good.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Everyone always thinks they deserve more money. In the end, you are on a hamster wheel. The cost of living in those places will just go up to compensate for the increased cost of labor. I've lived through it and seen it happen.

Plus, the people voted for them. I wonder if the progressives are going to go nuts trying to find judges who will overturn those voter results?

I better not hold my breath.
edit on 5-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

That's a far cry from the $15 an hour they were seeking. I think the numbers reflect normal cost of living increases and sound pretty good.

I'm surprised the minimum wage doesn't have a built-in COL adjustment already.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly right. There will be a lot of angry dem operatives whose voter fraud efforts did not overcome the voice of the people.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hmmm nope no change... different party in which will make no diff what so ever... There is no such thing as a two party system in either USofA or the UK....

I used to believe what was taught to me in school and retaught in Uni after US Army.... After 911 I was in shock. I had to laugh when NObama won the Nobel which I no longer hold in any regard cause I knew nothing would change.... I did not vote for him and proud of that fact but, however, I was wrong... Things got so worse.....

When the Tory lost power in the UK I expected more from a young Tony Blaire, whom now I consider with GW to be war criminals... I heard so many people state if Labour got into power they would leave this island. Welp nothing changed things just got worse and those who suggested the would leave stayed behind....

There that about covers it...

hmmm short version, those in power have no party they just pull the strings on whatever puppets are elected. IMHO....

Thank God that MJ seems to becoming legal... but then the smokers are voting and out living the majority non smokers who believe the weed is evil.... I just wish we could have at least Medical Pot here in the UK.... I love to get off the hard stuff for the soft drug to ease my chronic pain which will never heal...

SnF OP.... hope you are not too disappointed... when you expecting nothing one is never disappointed...

edit on 11/5/2014 by IceHappy because: Grammar which is not a strong point but if I can see something LOL I need to fix it.....

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: network dude

I'm surprised the minimum wage doesn't have a built-in COL adjustment already.

I'd say that's what the voting process is for. Perhaps the one thing I can think of that actually works with today's electoral system.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I beg to differ, OP

Listen to what these black activists in Chicago had to say about the "wage increase", and liberal policies in general:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: StarGazer77
I beg to differ, OP

Listen to what these black activists in Chicago had to say about the "wage increase", and liberal policies in general:

Well you can beg to differ all you like, the people in 4 red leaning states approved a wage increase by a large majority of voters of both parties. This is the part where we can easily find common ground and attempt to get a positive change for the poorest working Americans!!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Everyone always thinks they deserve more money. In the end, you are on a hamster wheel. The cost of living in those places will just go up to compensate for the increased cost of labor. I've lived through it and seen it happen.

The cost of living has been consistently going up regardless. Everywhere.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The sad part is that minimum wages will never be in par to the cost of living, no matter what, increasing the minimum wage while looking like a good thing is always ways to go around of it, for those that are looking to increase their profits regardless of how many they screw in the way, including the government.

wages goes up and so cost of living expenses and so does taxes.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: StarGazer77
I beg to differ, OP

Shhhh, you'll wake the sheep.

They don't want to hear this. They want to make a "living wage", not having made any effort to better themselves or learn any skills. They DESERVE to make the same as those who worked their ass off to put themselves through college, who got that degree and put their skills to practice in their chosen field. Their chosen field is getting pregnant at 16, drinking, and dunking fries into hot grease. They need to have iPhones and new Camaros, too.

edit on 5-11-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

People in 4 red leaning states compared to the rest of the country (which is beautifully red today) do not constitute the Conservative voice.

Minimum wage increase is yet another failed liberal policy; just like with welfare incentives, poor people will have less momentum to gain advanced skills.

They can remain in their low-skill jobs, resulting in less productivity for the nation.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Who is to say that enough people just didn't vote on the measure, and democrat poll workers added those votes later?

What were the results of the other contests in those states?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: StarGazer77

While I love the color red, because it looks great on my skin tone, red is the color of death, also the color of blood, spilled blood.

While blue has always been rewarded as the color of royalty and indiference.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
By all means this is awesome. Let's let government micromanage every aspect of life because the market can't adjust to conditions. And there's never any unforeseen circumstances to what those illustrious philosopher-kings decide.

Vote ourselves stuff, especially when it involves taking away from one group to give to another. What could go wrong?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah well, here in Wisconsin 65% of people voted for a minimum wage increase while also electing a guy who said it "serves no purpose". People literally voted against their own interest because of their lack of confidence in the Democratic Party's ability to get things done. I could state that in Wisconsin there was a messaging problem, but there wasn't. The outcome of this election means that more and more young people are going to leave this state. Maybe that's how it's gotta be. Maybe bridges have to crumble, roads have to become dirt and the things most voters take for granted like clean drinking water and reliable power must disappear. All I know is that old, rich Wisconsin voters decided that they were going to continue to holding its young people's heads under water. For paper. Above party affiliation, the good lord said love thy neighbor as thyself and if a man has two tunics it is right to give another who has none, one and finally, you can't serve God and Money. I can accept the elections outcome, but the voters of Wisconsin better come to terms with the fact they hold Satanist values. Don't claim to be a Christian, because you're "pro-life" while you implement policies that cause starvation. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers! Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work. The first will be last.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Let's hope the unemployment rates won't go up as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

That would imply that legislators plan ahead instead of just passing laws that affect the here-and-now. I think we both know the reality between those two ideas...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sadly goes head to head when wages are increased, so taxes, cost of living expenses and everything else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join