It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What changes can we expect from this election result?

page: 1

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
Listening to the pundits on Fox-they're the ones sending the initial messages-there is much to read in what wasn't said by the Republican Establishment as what was said.

What was NOT said was any impeachment drive by congress. Perhaps that is on the back-burner pending a much more empowered congress via congressional investigations.

What was NOT said was any reconciliation with the Tea party members within the party.

What wasn't said was any specific action whatsoever.

Some actions were implied, mostly by non-elected pundits, approval for the XL Pipeline, removal of the tax on medical equipment, removal of tax barriers on returning corporate money back into the U.S. from foreign sources.

Nothing on Ebola, Isis, deficit.....

I suppose the Republican Establishment was correct in presenting 'electable candidates' which meant isolating the Tea party faction. Ignoring them, however, opens the door to a third party in 2016 which will completely change the face of D.C., IMO.

Obviously, the Republican Party is being 'careful', reading the political winds before acting....the 2016 presidential potential seems to trump all other considerations.

As Obama has raised the bar on Constitutional bypass, the real power lies in winning the presidency.

This year small bills that can be agreed upon with the Dems., slowly building into 'popular' bills that force Obama vetos to stress the need for change in the Presidential direction.

A dangerous game, we may not have the time to wait two more years. Third party anyone?
edit on 5-11-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
There will be one and only one change. The names on the 'Payable To:' line on the checks written by the people that the 'government' truly represents. That's it. Nothing more. Like every previous cycle it will be the same crap.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
I've actually never voted before.
Thinking about running a little big campaign of my own...
a reply to: nwtrucker

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:45 AM

originally posted by: MX61000

I've actually never voted before.
Thinking about running a little big campaign of my own...

Exactly none

They will continue with the same BS as always happens.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:49 AM
Nothing except more wise internet trolls posting how the GOP sucks or the left is inadequate.

So in essence, nothing but more divide and conquer.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
a reply to: crazyewok

I fear your right.

"Change in direction" is not any different than Obama's mantra of 'change' when he was elected.

The only point that may change that is the new level of fear in the people.

We shall see.....

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:04 AM
no significant changes
slight change in cast of characters

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
a reply to: blacktie

One possibility is Obama digs in his heels and vetos everything out of congress. That could force the remaining elected Democrats to bail on him. Turn him into a lame-duck.

This MAY allow an override of vetos. The dems aren't complete idiots.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
There will be no change. The people in charge are behind the scenes anyways. It will be more of the same. Increasing the wars. Larger government, more control. Two sides of the same coin.

Wolves and Sheeple

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
The nations capital can now enjoy that special type of break... the rest shall surely follow.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:59 PM
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Not much optimism out here. LOL.

I would guess that this is about the last chance for the Republican Party, at least in it's current form.

They've played this election well.

Whether they can wisely continue that trend in the next two years is in doubt.

I don't buy that there is zero influence by the electorate. These guys know how to test the winds and adjust accordingly.
The polls show the disgust/distrust of both parties. Another failure by the Republicans and the door is wide open to the third party...even if that party doesn't meet all the points the majority believe. A knee-jerk vote and they could topple the Establishment.

The biggest hope is the remaining Democrats 'lame duck' Obama and back Republican Bills....maybe

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM

What a shame and a scam this entire government is. Things are not going to change for any of us blue collar folks.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:20 PM
Zero. Zip. Nada.

Same as it ever was.

Rinse, repeat.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:41 PM
a reply to: CranialSponge

LMAO, come on, a little optimism.

At least, the Supreme Court won't move further left for the next two years..!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:51 PM
key stone should pass a whole lot easier now with both houses being red.i dont think impeachment will even be broguht up with out other factors happening and they dont have enough votes YET i think they would need something like 10 dems from the senate to get the 2/3rds in each branch(house senate) required for impeachment(they have to have him be guilty of it) so i dont think we will see that other then as a talking point.

you may see republicans attempt to get on as many funding committees as possible as they did something like this last time as basically it would come down to if you control where funding goes you can pressure other votes on things people may not have wanted to vote for but have to to save their political future

some kind of attempt to fiddle with obama care mos likely focusing on the individual or employer mandate mostly done for morale reasons but with the veto pen handy expect more unconventional tactics like Defunding provisions and that medical device tax thingy and other less direct efforts to cripple it

on the veto issue i expect lots of bills to be presented quickly with them being MOSTLY benign but with key provisions that will get obama to veto them so they can then show the bulk of the bill as being moderate to make him look like an obstructionist president not willing to pass bills out of spite.

more outside the box and FAR less likely they could try to amend the Constitution and call for a convention and hope that all that red on the map yesterday translates into a new amendment something a president cant veto but that would be pretty hard to implement depending on what changes they were trying to make

assume any appointments Obama wants to implement will come with a heavy price to be paid to the republicans if obama wants them appointed quickly or at all.

some kind of action/retaliation if Obama passes an EO on immigration as they seem to be making that one of their red lines so to speak

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link times take on the matter on what they view will be republican goals

They say they will focus on balancing the budget, restoring an orderly process for spending bills, revising if not repealing the health care law and enacting a major overhaul of the tax code — ambitious goals, given years of stalemate and discord. Before taking up the issue of immigration, Republicans are likely to see what unilateral action President Obama undertakes, and how the country reacts to it. Senate Republicans also intend to use their control of committees to bring new scrutiny to the White House, federal agencies and Mr. Obama’s expanding use of executive authority. Mr. McConnell, who will succeed Mr. Reid as majority leader when the new Congress convenes in January, has also promised wholesale changes in the way the Senate operates, including a five-day workweek, more floor debate and empowered committee chairmen.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:52 PM
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I'd also suspect there will be some changes in the military arena. I'd bet the plan to scrap the A-10 will be cancelled.

A couple of missile systems will be revived. The hellfire being the most valuable. There's a good chance the 'pink-slip' Obama has given 90,000 troops will also be cancelled.

The next two years may make the last six look boring in comparison. LOL.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:04 PM
geting the a-10 back would be one of the things no one saw coming that old girl still has some fight in her yet so score one more fringe Benni for all of that red yesterday

new topics

top topics