It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voters give nod to legal marijuana in Oregon, Alaska, and Washington, D.C.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry man, I am trying to do this on my phone and not used to it lol! Its a blatent fact but because people are conditioned to alcohol being legal and freely accessible they don't see it for what it is! A lethal drug, if you consume a whole bottle if spirits it would proberbly kill you! Yet our stores have shelves full of the stuff!!! The effects of weed are entirely different!!! And does so much good for so many different problems! Alcohol will kill you or clean you!
edit on 6-11-2014 by damo1583 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: damo1583

Exactly! And if you were to ever bring up trying to make alcohol illegal again, people would explode on you with cries about Prohibition and stuff. Yet they fail to see the very same parallels in the War on Drugs for a plant that is FAR less dangerous. Literally EVERY reason that caused Prohibition to fail is showing up in the War on Drugs, and the longer we let it go on the worse those problems get.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If you detach yourself from the moral and political arguments and look at it from this perspective.......

Say we have just discovered this plant and here is what we have found with it:
It has medicinal value for pain relief, muscle relaxation, the oils combat cancer, it helps glaucoma,

It has industrial properties as well , fabric, paper (of a higher quality than wood) with the oil it makes plastic (that's biodegradable) the best ropes were always made with hemp!

Now if you made that discovery what would any normal society do??? I would hope invest in developing it, I doubt it would occur to a normal mind to make it illegal!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This is another great point. There really is very little reason why the plant should be illegal in the first place, and if you look at history you can CLEARLY see that the public was duped into agreeing that it should be illegal. It is a PERFECT example of a REAL conspiracy theory and it's interesting that more people on these forums don't like discussing it or feel that the plant is dangerous and should be illegal.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

First real case of msm manipulation! Randolph-Hirst ran a properganda scam to prevent hemp mills from wiping out his investment in wood paper mills!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I dont smoke weed. Never will at least recreationally (Medically its another matter).

Im not convinced on it being completely harmless (Though I admit less than alcohol that I dont drink much of nowadays either).

But as much as I avoid weed I respect personal choice and really dont see it as my right to force abstinence on others and just really cant see why there is any logic to not only have possession illegal but to give jail time.

all I ask is:

1) dont get high before driving
2) Dont get high before coming into work
3) dont toke up next to me in a confined space.

Apart from that do what the hell you like.

Funny enough to show attitudes are changing even in the UK I was at comicon London and in the que, there was thousands of us waiting and loads of people were lighting joints up. A few years ago some tight arse would have called the plod to come arrest them, today? Everyone didnt care in the least, even the event stewards.

edit on 6-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Actually, there have been some cases of mass media manipulation that have occurred prior to this case. For instance, I believe you are familiar with the Boston Massacre. Well that was ALL media manipulation. The British soldiers were acquitted (legal defense provided by John Adams) when it was found out that someone in the crowd yelled for them to fire, but that didn't stop the papers from reporting what a huge travesty it was.

But I see your point. The ONLY people that marijuana being illegal benefits are a certain minority of rich people in certain industries. The industries started out being paper and textile industries, but are now pharmaceutical, alcohol, private prisons, and police unions. All of those lobbying to keep the plant illegal spell out a VERY telling tale that they don't have the public's best interests at heart. This despite two of those industries LITERALLY created to benefit the public with a third existing to keep the public healthy.
edit on 6-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

(post by LOSTinAMERICA removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't need a crutch and I'm healthy. How can you dictate what I am from a post? I think you better check yourself. I disagree with you but I didn't call you an imbecile. You earned the above post. Have fun with your escape! I'll stay right here clear and ready.

(post by LOSTinAMERICA removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

The meaning of that post was clearly lost on you and now you have stooped to insulting me. Good job there buddy, you are certainly winning people over to your side Mr. "clear headed".

ETA: Is this really what the prohibitionists have been reduced to? Petty insults and arguments with no substance? Oh well, the above post is an example of a losing argument. Glad to see that we are getting to these people.

ETA2: As per the T&C I haven't admitted to any drug usage, so I should hope that you respect that and not accuse me of these things and stick to the topic.
edit on 6-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Another person that has looked into the past properly and can see it how it is! I am impressed man keep passing it on and one day the veil will lift for all hopefully!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If it's so evil to drink and drive then why do all bars have parking lots?

Don't answer that, I'm just musing.

The thought I always have is where are all the dead pot smokers? You know, the millions that should be dying in truckloads because of the evil weed?

I saw a car standing on end once, not too long ago, right at the end of a freeway entrance. Literally on end, tangled up in the barrier. My first thought wasn't was the guy smoking a spliff it was, invariably, was he drunk? I'm conditioned to think that, and that was not the case(guy was going too fast on the off-ramp going the other way) but I never have had the thought that it was because of pot. Ever.

Part of that is the conditioning against drunk driving and the other part is common sense. Pretty much every one I've ever known has smoked pot and none of them are out wrecking cars. Quite the contrary. Funny, though, the number of drunk driving accidents in the U.S. is 33% of all accidents, according to the D.U.I. class stats I recently was force fed. Certainly not the number I thought it would be as our conditioning would have us think.

Food for thought.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I spend a lot of time researching this topic. I'm thinking about writing a marijuana conspiracy thread that encompasses all that there is about this conspiracy and everything I've learned about its legal history past and present.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Go for it bud, its a very interesting story, the fact Hurst used marijuana (which is actually a wild Mexican tobacco) as slang and claimed that "blacks" and Mexicans were smoking this and raping white women is hilarious!!! Racist and completely false!!! The campaign was so successful that congress had no idea they were banning hemp which at the time was the new billion dollar industry after the invention of the decorderisor which made making paper with hemp possible on an industrial level!!!! There is so much to this conspiracy that a thread would be brilliant to properly educate people and properly debate the issue!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would welcome a thread such as this, i would just worry about possible T&C violations as a result. Someone will go into extreme personal use detail, someone will call someone else a name, and then someone will try to use it as proof that pot smokers are the spawn of the devil sent forth to destroy all of those "lost in America"

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666

If only they knew that the Declaration of Independence is written on hemp! Maybe the secret of their "Lost America" was staring them in the face all along!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

or if they realized that our founding fathers were quite fond of the plant themselves. Most people who are anti-legalization have limited to no experience with what they are so against. They either have never so much as smelled its pungent odor, or tried it once became paranoid, or know someone who smoked and happened to be a screw up. As with any issue the negative headlines are always the ones that everybody holds onto, not the millions of times people have smoked and nothing bad happened.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666

We are dealing with nearly 80 years of properganda that now finally the veil is beginning to be lifted. When you watch something like reefa madness, its comical to our modern perspective but that generation believed it because they had no reason not to! That generation genuinely believed in America and assumed that the government stood for the values that the nation was founded on!!! We however have the advantage of seeing the cracks grow from JFK through Watergate, the contra scandal through to the Bush dynasty and obamas ' hollow promises! We also have to remember that when you go through the biggest change you will meet the greatest resistance!
edit on 7-11-2014 by damo1583 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It needs to be legal because black market weed is harvested too early(for quick cash) resulting in cannabis that Is lacking CBD therefore leading to paranoia with no anti-anxiety control. This could lead onto acute psychosis for some.

Not to mention over use of pesticide and fertilizers by amateurs. That can't be good to smoke.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join