It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voters give nod to legal marijuana in Oregon, Alaska, and Washington, D.C.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

It's that type of bias and close-mindedness that prevents our country from progressing as a society! However, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it...

MY opinion on the other hand, is that there are SO many people in this country with your type of mentality who are the very ones in charge of demonizing such a beneficial plant.

It's still the Lawrence Welk generation who are terrified that if this plant becomes legal, ALL the Mexicans and Black People will rape all the white white women!

Time to grow up - move on and let the progressive minds take over!
edit on 11/5/2014 by the_philth because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/5/2014 by the_philth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
DC. Enough said.

Is there an end to their hypocrisy? They criminalize millions but they're allowed to pass unjust laws, then go home and enjoy their medicine in peace. So tired of this country.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My family will be relocating to Oregon in December. Great timing eh? Anybody in Oregon want to go half on a dispensary?

I truly believe the tide is turning. I feel that within 10 years, it will legalized nationally. There is so much money to be made.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

First medical, private prison, law enforcement, morality, parent's, alcohol, tobacco, timber, oil, paper, etc lobbyists have to move aside and allow this to go through. They won't for a very long time though. Such an uphill battle and we keep slipping on the stuff they roll down said hill.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
My family will be relocating to Oregon in December. Great timing eh? Anybody in Oregon want to go half on a dispensary?

I truly believe the tide is turning. I feel that within 10 years, it will legalized nationally. There is so much money to be made.

Lay out a good business plan and I may invest

Dunno what my government will say but F em.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

This was only a midterm election. I expect MANY more states to come around come 2016. Now with the influence from Oregon and Alaska legalizing, states on the fence will be more likely to put this on the ballot. The only thing those money interests are going is slowly the incoming tide down, but we all know that stopping the tide is impossible, and reversing it is futile.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I certainly hope so. I was prescribed it medically in California (for legitimate complaints) and it helped me a lot. Now I live in NY state, the Nanny State and we have people like Cuomo, the old folks in rural areas (busy getting drunk) and lobbyists who think they know what's important for us. Yeeyikes.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, can anyone find statistical prevalence of cancer in non pot smokers vs pot heads? In other words, who gets cancer more? You would think cancer wards would be filled with chronic pot smokers but they're not. There are some studies which seem to indicate THC has some kind of effect on tumor growth.

Something to think about...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This is why we need Federal action. With Federal action we can get legalization across the country. So it won't matter where you live or move to, you can partake with no consequences anywhere.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lea room
I just wish the UK government would legalise it, after all it would be an extra revenue for them...

The Conservatives may have a more Liberal leader, but they are exactly what they say they are. Conserving the old ways, including the draconian laws on drugs as a whole.

However, whilst it remains illegal, there's BIG money to be had by the suppliers. Follow the money and you will find the real reasons for not legalising it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Congratulations , i live in a country that has a regulated system concerning this subject , my country has 20 times less inhabitants then the US , the establishments that sell this substance are in the highest tax bracket , they must have legitimate papers to run this place , 1 fight or commotion and they have to close up shop.

People will buy it anyway if they want to , do you as a Government want to spend money to get every pot smoking person off the street and into jail , or you want to regulate it and control it so that you get Tax income and get to decide how strong the stuff is that you are selling.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
now maybe we can get some textiles and factories back to work?

serious!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

That's the key. If it were federalized, no problems. I hate to say it, I support states' rights very much so but in this case I wish the big bad Fed would step in (like it does with everything else) and get it over with.

Take it off of Schedule 1, let people make their own decisions

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Well in this case, the Federal government is ALREADY involved. So legalizing it would be the Federal government becoming less involved with this issue, not more involved. Though anti-legalization people don't want you to know or realize that.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I guess I just don't get it. There's a thousand issues more important than stoners getting their weed. I don't care if it's legal or not and I don't understand why people think it's a newsworthy item.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Because it's medicinal and the media's perpetuated the stereotype that people who use it are "stoners" like Cheech & Chong.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Whether you think it is important or not, it is a victory for freedom and liberty. The freedom to do with your body what you want to do with it. You should cherish all freedoms equally and not weight them according to what you value more or less. This allows the government to come in little by little and take them away from us. We call it eroding rights.

So you may not care about marijuana or smoking it, but the people that do are happy. So be happy for them, they just had three major victories in the war to reestablish a freedom that everyone should have.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Congrats to those three states!

Its too bad that BC still is yet to legalize recreational weed. We have Marc and Jodie Emery, Cannibas Culture, Sensible Bc, we started the big out door 420 celebrations and of course the world famous BC Bud but we still cannot get weed legal here. We had to get 10% of our population to sign a petition (governments orders) to legalize it. We did that but the gov didn't expect Sensible BC to follow through and when we did get 400,000+ signatures the still shut us down.

Mind yeah its not that bad though. Sense washington legalized it. Weed prices dropped here. I haven't paid more then 120 for an ounce all year long (and that's primo stuff).

I'm sure if its legalized we will pay more.... Way way WAY MORE.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Because the war on drugs is a failure and the revenue generated can go towards all those more important issues. And it's not really about the pot, it's about the liberty to choose for yourself.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well the states with other states that have already legalized weed bordering them are all going to have to do something due to the influx of weed across the state borders. As more states legalize, the number of border states will also grow. More people will learn that the propaganda surrounding marijuana is all lies and come around to legalization.

Really the only thing that could hold the legalization movement back at this point is the federal government. So we need to start looking to move the legalization movement to federal level. Because the feds won't stay out of this forever and if we can win them over early, it will be much easier in the long run.

Yeah, I am hoping it teaches the boarder states something, more people turn in support instead of being fearful. So far there has been no issues, as once worried about, of it making a negative impact coming over the WA/ID boarder.

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: nomickeyshere

Pretty much. The pot heads will fight fierce for the stupor but sit on their collective asses and procrastinate. Go ahead, I'm ready for the backlash but you'll never change my mind on the subject. I didn't watch reefer madness and I've tried the stupid #. I put it down when it was time to put away childish things. Smoke yourself away!

You mean then Alice Cooper is childish? He supports that marijuana should be legal, and beer and cigs banned-which he says are more dangerous, just saying. But seriously, who hasn't seen/heard of beer drinkers being more irresponsible, you know DUIs, drunk college kids falling out of dorm wind.dows, sexual assaults, etc.?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join