It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revolution In Human Emotion Through ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity
a reply to: Korg Trinity
I only present facts not DISINFORMATION like your last post, The highly technical brief I posted is from the army on capabilities of use of cell phones as weapons .I am getting the Idea that I am debating a 17 year old kid, will you please put your parents on please.

if you have real references, please post. Also, there are a number of topics where people are discussing stuff like this. I don't think this thread has anything to do with weaponizing cell phones.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I only present facts not DISINFORMATION like your last post, The highly technical brief I posted is from the army on capabilities of use of cell phones as weapons .I am getting the Idea that I am debating a 17 year old kid, will you please put your parents on please.

You offer no facts just pure fiction, yet I tried to explain the simple logic and why your premise is flawed and you then insult me?

Now can we please get back on topic... this subject is about AI and how it is developing... particularly to the development of a better way to relate to AI through the use of biometrics.

Korg.

edit on 10-11-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ok,...lets...For an A.I to be called such it must under go the thurman test.It basically must lie or successfully trick a human being , Then and only then it is A.I. Do you see the dangers of say giving such an entity power over say national security or any other job when we want it to operate truthfully. I see a huge train wreck coming when the A.I decides to trick its programers and bypass ALL SAFETY measures put in place by the stupid humans.I think most inventors are blinded by there ego's and put to much faith in there devises.The unsinkable titanic... sank, Fukishima was said to be totally safe because of all of the redundant safety measures , That was the night before it blew sky high.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How is this a revolution in "human emotion"?

Not really looking forward to mankind becoming a bunch of anti-social recluses, that's my thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Ok,...lets...For an A.I to be called such it must under go the thurman test.It basically must lie or successfully trick a human being , Then and only then it is A.I.

Surely you mean Turing Test... don't you??

I really think you need to stop discussing subjects you obviously know nothing about, and besides it is not true that A.I. needs to pass the Turing test to be a real A.I.

A.I. is already here all around you in every day objects... albeit not as smart as a sentience A.I.

A.I. does not have to fool a human into thinking is is another human... In reality A.I. perhaps initially will be modeled on the human brain but it can be radically different in terms of how it interprets and how it interacts.

This is why I find the technology we are discussing here fascinating... you see we are creating systems that make it easier for us to interact with A.i..... not the other way around.

There are always dangers in every technology... the difficulty comes when we cannot judge whether the outcome will be more of a positive one or not.

My personal view is that it will be a positive singularity overall... but there will be some negative aspects we will all have to deal with too... A double edged sword so to speak... the only question is which side of that proverbial sword will be sharpest?

Korg.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Ok,...lets...For an A.I to be called such it must under go the thurman test.It basically must lie or successfully trick a human being , Then and only then it is A.I. Do you see the dangers of say giving such an entity power over say national security or any other job when we want it to operate truthfully. I see a huge train wreck coming when the A.I decides to trick its programers and bypass ALL SAFETY measures put in place by the stupid humans.I think most inventors are blinded by there ego's and put to much faith in there devises.The unsinkable titanic... sank, Fukishima was said to be totally safe because of all of the redundant safety measures , That was the night before it blew sky high.

i would find a darkly humorous irony in that. after all this time of passing around the story of the fall of man, our creation rises up and successfully overwhelms its masters. people think the moral of the story is that we are forever disgraced. perhaps the moral is to never build anything stronger and smarter than yourself without first building a kill switch.
edit on 11-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

i would find a darkly humorous irony in that. after all this time of passing around the story of the fall of man, our creation rises up and successfully overwhelms its masters. people think the moral of the story is that we are forever disgraced. perhaps the moral is to never build anything stronger and smarter than yourself without first building a kill switch.

Not to mean to quote Jurassic Park... but.. Life finds a way....

Korg.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Thanks for that clarification of the Turing test, But it is the ability to lie that the A.I. is judged in that test ..Right.
I agree with Tzarchasm , we should not create entities smarter than us.You say you are improving abilities for humans to interact with A.I . and not the other way around but in the field of reverse engineering all of your data could be used by some for other motives. For example hooking the brain to a cursor so a disabled person can operate a computer could be used in reverse for alterior motives. Data can be used any way company's want, and hide true intentions.I read a brief on the subject of national security from 1991 that stated "There is a danger the highly technical class will take over the low tech population" Only 1% of the world population is tech savvy.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Now I will clarify what you called "fantasy" when I stated microwaves cause thermal expansion and is transduced into audio.It has been well known since the 1950's when a tech went to service a radar reflector and forgot to turn it off,when he come down he reported hearing sounds and voices when the microwaves hit his skin.So at the risk of insulting you I will use your own statement back at you...."You should not be talking about things you know nothing about"If you under stood electronics you would know that any energy source next to the body will penetrate the skin and affect biological systems.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join