It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS's Latest Atrocities against Muslims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
My Search-Fu is weak and found no trace of this here to my surprise....

So IS's rampage against the people of Iraq and Syria continues apace, and still some posters pretend that all Muslims are bloodthirsty maniacs and a danger to civilisation in-spite of their terrible suffering at the hands of the so-called Islamic State.

So, on 30th October:

Iraq: ISIS Executed Hundreds of Prison Inmates

Gunmen from the Sunni extremist group Islamic State systematically executed some 600 male inmates from a prison outside the northern Iraqi city of Mosul on June 10, 2014, according to survivors’ accounts. The vast majority of those killed were Shia.

After seizing Badoush Prison near Mosul, the gunmen from Islamic State, also known as ISIS, separated the Sunni from the Shia inmates, then forced the Shia men to kneel along the edge of a nearby ravine and shot them with assault rifles and automatic weapons, 15 Shia prisoners who survived the massacre told Human Rights Watch. The gunmen also killed a number of Kurdish and Yezidi inmates of Badoush Prison, the survivors said.

Don't assume that Sunni's get some kind of free pass from IS though before reading the following.

And on 3rd November:

Iraqi Government confirms over 300 members of Single Sunni Tribe killed by ISIS

Militants of the Islamic State group killed at least 50 members of the Sunni Albu Nimr tribe in Iraq’s western Anbar province on Sunday, according to media reports. The latest executions bring the total number of the tribe’s members killed by ISIS to over 300, including many women and children, the Iraqi ministry of human rights said, in a statement released Sunday.

“The number of people killed by Islamic State from Albu Nimr tribe is 322. The bodies of 50 women and children have also been discovered dumped in a well,” the Iraqi government said, in the statement, adding that at least 65 members of the tribe are being held hostage by ISIS.

This Sunni tribe had been fighting against IS and in the previous week another 200 members of the tribe were reported as killed in nearby villages controlled by IS:

The execution-style killings of members of the Albu Nimr tribe, which had fought against ISIS in Anbar, have reportedly become a daily affair in the territories now under the control of the Islamic State group. Nearly 200 people, most of them belonging to the tribe, were reportedly killed last week in villages in Anbar controlled by ISIS.

Amidst the fear and hatred that some folk here in the west have for IS, i think there is often little recognition that amongst those suffering most and in greatest danger are many thousands of Muslims.
edit on 5-11-2014 by skalla because: typo

edit on 5-11-2014 by skalla because: sigh, another typo

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
quick question, what is the difference between IS and ISIS? is it the same thing? are they different groups?
calling this stuff in a bunch of different ways is just a way to confuse people and make them lose track of what is happening.
I want to coment further, but i kinda have to know what we are talking aobut here

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
quick question, what is the difference between IS and ISIS? is it the same thing? are they different groups?
calling this stuff in a bunch of different ways is just a way to confuse people and make them lose track of what is happening.
I want to coment further, but i kinda have to know what we are talking aobut here

Hey

IS/ISIS/ISIL = all the same thing "Islamic State". Apologies, i thought that this was clear.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be. The script round here is usually Muslims are all united to take over the world and we don't like them.

Then what's this we see? Muslims against Muslims? Islamic State executing both Sunni and Shia? What craziness is this? And are they families minding their own business we see in the backgrounds of the video footage? What? FAMILIES?! Muslims have families that aren't carrying weapons. It's just so hard to believe! /sarcasm

Yeah, I saw a video on Vice.com a few weeks ago as their reporter walked through a town centre near a market. Actual heads on railings, torsos lying on the pavements and the IS guys mob-handed with swords and firearms. They were doing donuts in a tank. If anyone even raises an eyebrow at them, it's choppy-choppy time and dragging the family out for a public lashing.

There are some places on Earth where I wouldn't wish those lives on my worst enemy. DR Congo, Somalia, Birmingham etc. Anywhere IS are in charge seems to me a far worse place to be than these.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There are some places on Earth where I wouldn't wish those lives on my worst enemy. DR Congo, Somalia, Birmingham etc.

Did I miss something? doesn't seem too bad :/

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Christians are being slaughtered too, daily reports on rantburg and atlas shrugs, these are sent to my private email address.
Also churches are being torched, holy relics destroyed, muslim and Christian.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Amidst the fear and hatred that some folk here in the west have for IS, i think there is often little recognition that amongst those suffering most and in greatest danger are many thousands of Muslims.

Some of us have been pointing this out for some time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. **The IS vermin with their twisted version of Islam need to be eradicated. This situation could potentially be a missed opportunity for those with 'Historical/Religious' differences in the region going back centuries to come together or at least the possibility of setting aside centuries old differences temporarily to combat this universal threat for the common good.

** NOTE: This does NOT mean I'm supporting nor am I advocating US/Western boots/interference on the ground *as I'm often accused of, but rather, I'm advocating that each in their own country with said IS infestation should be supported by the international community.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

IS is the Islamic State. They want to impose a caliphate, that spreads beyond the lands that define the other names; ISIS, Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, and ISIL, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

All one and the same.

I'd do some research if I were you, before commenting, if you are not even aware of what the actual people the topic is about, are.

because, there is far too much "I hate dem mooslims" and "Muslims are all happy people" discussion based on simply not even knowing the topic.

edit on 5-11-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch
Thank you, mainly i try to stay informed for information s sake, i don't have an opinion. they are not killing their selves in my city, so it's sort of a do what thou wilt kind of thing.
I mean most people "care" about these things just in the form of armchair activism anyway: "X is wrong" -there, now that i posted that on twitter, the issue is solved!"
So i don't have much of an opinion on this, i just try to keep up so i know when i should start giving a damn.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It does somewhat ruin the narrative, revealing how Muslims are sharing the grotesque suffering of everyone else under IS.

a reply to: Indigent

Golly, that's a very strategically taken shot of Brum, the photographer did a sterling job there!

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Some of us have been pointing this out for some time.

Absolutely, and it saddens me that i've seen many posters this past week who still just don't get it in spite of that. I'm with you re the International Community at large needing to support the destruction of IS too, rather than The Great Bogeyman of the US/UK etc going in "alone" and all that entails; however with all governments more concerned about their own geo-political wranglings and popularity to the voters than the fate of desperately oppressed people i really do wonder if and when effective action will be taken.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

It's a huge convoluted mess, I agree.

One side sees it as still yet another example of how the US/West are trying to get involved in the region, the other side sees it as an example of why the US/West needs to get involved again in the region and still others see it as more examples of why the region is and always has been in turmoil.

I think the rest of us should all slip out back for beers and BBQ.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
So IS's rampage against the people of Iraq and Syria continues apace, and still some posters pretend that all Muslims are bloodthirsty maniacs and a danger to civilisation in-spite of their terrible suffering at the hands of the so-called Islamic State.

I am not saying that all muslims are vicious and bloodthirsty beasts but your reasoning is flawed, how does them being attacked by vicious and bloodthirsty muslims in any way prove that they are not as barbaric as some would claim?

The logic doesn't follow.

And yeah, generally muslims are an impediment to civilisation, Islam has had a negative effect on all societies that have fallen fully under its sway. If it wasn't for western civilisation they'd still be stuck in the Middle Ages, and in many ways they are. Islam stifles innovation and creativity in so many ways it's ridiculous, I've known muslims that weren't even allowed to listen to music. They're not exactly the most open-minded of people..

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It would seem one faction of Muslim is killing of the other in there conquest to control the world, isn't that like killing off your own base.

IMO just because the Shia are on the other end of the stick in this new civil war, it does not rid them of the atrocities they have committed in the name of Allah and world domination.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

I am not saying that all muslims are vicious and bloodthirsty beasts but your reasoning is flawed, how does them being attacked by vicious and bloodthirsty muslims in any way prove that they are not as barbaric as some would claim?

The logic doesn't follow.

And yeah, generally muslims are an impediment to civilisation, Islam has had a negative effect on all societies that have fallen fully under its sway. If it wasn't for western civilisation they'd still be stuck in the Middle Ages, and in many ways they are. Islam stifles innovation and creativity in so many ways it's ridiculous, I've known muslims that weren't even allowed to listen to music. They're not exactly the most open-minded of people..

www.americanthinker.com...

Pagans were responsible for the Dark Ages stemming from the destruction of Rome and their migrations which attacked what was left of their former Empire and set Europe back hundreds of years. Meanwhile Arabia was flourishing in Arts and Technology allowing Europe to recover almost a thousand years later with it's self congratulatory "renaissance". So no, we'd still be stuck in the Dark Ages without Islam preserving and advancing learning in it's "admittedly distant) Golden Age. You need to read more history dude.

I'm open minded enough to still like Pagans though, and also to not have my assumptions of other people set by default to "Vicious/Bloodthirsty/Barbaric" as you would seem to. Would be your blind prejudice showing? Against people being tortured and Killed?

Bravo, Laughing God, classy.

originally posted by: Battleline

IMO just because the Shia are on the other end of the stick in this new civil war, it does not rid them of the atrocities they have committed in the name of Allah and world domination.

So some person in Iraq who is Shia is necessarily bent on world domination and responsible for the actions of any other Shia?

Some Shia dude who spends his day farming/fixing cars/teaching maths and keeping his family alive in Iraq or Syria has committed atrocities?

Of course! All Muslims are the same, and clearly to blame for the actions of others.

Are you to blame for the actions of all of your compatriots? By your logic you must be guilty of murder or rape or some such ridiculously idiotic accusation.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

a reply to: sn0rch
Thank you, mainly i try to stay informed for information s sake, i don't have an opinion. they are not killing their selves in my city, so it's sort of a do what thou wilt kind of thing.
I mean most people "care" about these things just in the form of armchair activism anyway: "X is wrong" -there, now that i posted that on twitter, the issue is solved!"
So i don't have much of an opinion on this, i just try to keep up so i know when i should start giving a damn.

So essentially you posted here for a definition of IS when you clearly don't care about the region or have any empathy for these executed people, and if you had anything about you, you would have either asked the interblog or read the OP/links and understood the definition of IS within a split second regardless of English not being your first language.

Dude you are a waste of my calories, do you just post replies to ask facile rubbish that you should be able to resolve on your own all the time or am i special?
edit on 5-11-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I cant think there would be anything wrong with asking a question, one pertinent to the issue at hand. Asking the question is better than not knowing.

Just because you know a thing, doesn't mean everyone does.

edit on 5-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

But it's painfully obvious he cares not one iota for the approximately 1100 executed people discussed in the OP, and simply wanted a definition that is frankly self explanatory and telegraphs itself across the OP and links.

I should have at least LMGTFY'd him rather than my initial polite answer.

No comment on 1100 executed souls, just "not my city, do what thou wilt, don't give a damn". I'm not going to be nice about his/her laziness and rank ignorance in return.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Daesh has killed a whole lot more than that... that 1100 is just what they have done over the course of a couple days.

As far as people caring, most people don't watch world news too much, or have that much interest in it because it doesn't effect them personally. Heck one of the only reasons that someone in a small town in a country far away from America knows anything at all about the United States is because it has a tendency to effect them more personally, so they pay attention more.

If people cared what happened abroad, in large part... then none of this ISIS mess would have happened to begin with, Libya would still be a country and not a failed state, and Syria wouldn't be in the middle of a war. But the fact is, most people don't care therefore politicians have free reign to do as they please to other countries.

Therefore, when someone shows an effort to understand something, or learn something... berating them would be the LAST thing you might want to do... regardless of what they might have said when they were just trying to save some face after the first person went dogging them.

That poster cared enough to ask about something they didn't know. That's a start.
edit on 5-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

IS/ISIS/ISIL = all the same thing "Islamic State". Apologies, i thought that this was clear.

Or, as I prefer, AIS - Anti-Islamic State. Since they are to Islam what the KKK are to Christianity

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The suffering of the muslims attacked by IS does not in any way quantify their level of civility.

I did not call all muslims bloodthirsty beasts, I called IS bloodthirsty beasts, which is true.

I also did not call all muslims barbaric, what I did say is Islam is GENERALLY barbaric, that is a fact.

Did you read my link? All societies governed by Islam devolves with time.

This is a constant pattern of Islam. It invades a society where, for a century or two, there is enough remaining pre-Islamic genius to echo on for a while. Over time, coerced conversions increase with the accruing stupefaction of national intellect. As the light dims and goes out, the Muslims, now thoroughly in charge, take the credit for the former flame lit by others.

Whatever genius does come out of Islam is the echo of a pre-Islamic past. The Golden Age of an Islamic Conquest is actually the Last Hurrah of the former civilization. After conquest, the creative period remaining is brief, and after two or three centuries of Muslim rule, senility and reversion set in.

All empires draw talent inward, except Islam, where genius exists only at the periphery where Islam is weakest. The center of Islam, the Arabian peninsula, has been moribund since the 8th century. Islam must expand. It is a parasite. Without new conquests, it dies. This is why it cannot surrender any territory. This is why Israel infuriates them so much.

This is what happens when Islam takes over a country, this is evident all throughout Islam's history.
It's a black hole swallowing creativity and innovation.

www.aljadid.com...

The most dynamic portion of the population of Islamic countries have for a long time been Christians.

"The continuing exodus of Christians from the Middle East is not simply some melancholic historical inevitability to which the people of the region are or should somehow be resigned— its implications are in fact potentially quite dangerous, and this is true not just for Christians but for Arabs in general. The Middle East may not be able to sustain the amputation of one of its most integral and dynamic components."

As for barbaric 'Europeans' dismantling the civilisation of civilised 'Europeans' I don't see how that is pertinent at all, Christianity evolved, the pagans evolved. Islam has largely not evolved at all.

What has Mecca produced in the last 1400 years?

new topics

top topics

join