It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Round-up A Lib/Progressive POV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

From my favorite Lib/Progressive channel on why the Dems got their asses kicked royally.
It turned out running as a Rep with so-called conservative values do not make for turn-out among your core,losing to folks who ruined the economy in the first place and continue to do so as with the case in Kansas ,no red meat was thrown no nothing, all what was heard was I never supported Obama as in the case of Kentucky I mean Alison Lundergan Grimes should have beaten the shell off that ol Turtle.but she ran as a Rep running away from being a Dem,but I am glad she is gone, with her gun totting self trying to out do a Rep with their own game.

Look at she said ^ well good for you, you agreed the Dems sucked and now you didn't even place and there were others I say this ,the Dem got the spot for second place which was well deserved.

More idiocy..

edit on 5-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Dems got their pants blown off in the elections because people are tired of being told the economy looks sunny, and there are jobs-a-plenty, when those are bold faced lies.

Dems got pounded because people are tired of having the last of the pennies in their pockets being stolen to give to people who choose not to work for a living.

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Sorry man but their money is going to the wealthy not to the poor.

"The top 3% of families saw their share of total income rise to 30.5% in 2013 from 27.7% in 2010, while the bottom 90% saw their share fall. "

m.wsj.com...

I'm sure the Republicans will get right on fixing that. If they do I'll admit it happily but I just don't see it happening based on the way things have worked for the last few decades.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's time to split this country in two.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Same people that seem to harp on Republican Bush are the same that harp on Democrat Obama. When the labels don't really matter. The same "bad" things that people talk about would happen as long as someone's in office, which is sort of how it goes. A lot of these issues aren't going to change with Republican or Democrat in office. Just seems like a joke when people go with the old school talking points and things just go around in circles. Both sides have shown to do similar things.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Although I've done my share [ and then some ] of Obama/Democrat bashing, I'm not a Republican, I'm a "right man for the job" guy. Republicans have talked the talk, now let's see them walk the walk.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Important thing to remember here is that in most of these races, a bunch of folks that had been voting Dem voted another way or didn't vote at all. As well the Dems had not been able to stop this, given two years from early warning signals at last election. It didn't help that the pro Dem press pissed all over the last result as if it were some sort of political anomaly.

Did hear a few republican acceptance speeches and some of them sounded like the same old rhetorical political diarrhea.

edit on 5-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Six years ago people voted for hope and change.
They no longer have hope and don't like the change.
That's why the dems are losing these elections.
People vote with their emotions.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You can only p*** on someone's leg and tell him it's raining for so long before he notices and when he calls you on it and you keep insisting it's rain, he's bound to get a little angry at you.

This has basically been the strategy from TPTB in Washington, and I think they really do think things are great because they live in their public sector economy. The richest and wealthiest counties in the country are more or less in DC and the surrounding area right now. If you work in government and that area, you are living fat and you never saw an economic downturn.

For the rest of us eeking by in the private sector, unless you are in certain specific places and industries, life sucks.

Then, when people started getting angry, instead of trying to actually address problems, they moved on to things no one wanted like more immigration and started blaming anything and everything else for our anger.

As for Kansas, everyone talks about the economy being "destroyed," but the state is at about 4.8% unemployment at the moment. Stack that against the national average.
edit on 5-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol Kansas is a mess.

"The state was ordered to increase its schools funding by hundreds of millions of dollars because its education spending plan was so thrifty that it violated the Kansas Constitution. The plan the cash-strapped state came up with to address that court order involved taking money from one set of underfunded schools and redistributing it to other, even more underfunded schools."

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Actually guys I do not live in the states but from what I'have been told folks are indeed fed-up with the economy of the average man ,but the economy for trickle down folks who were mostly responsible for the economic implosion are doing just fine thank U and they ain't sharing, that's largely Obama and company's fault,they could have done much better buut they too are corporatist Tim Geithner set the slandered and haul-assed back to Goldman Sachs leaving the ordinary Jack and Jill to beg for a few dollars more on their pay so they can eat,but really it was suppose to be the job of the Reps to screw over Jack and Jill in favor of Mr and Mrs Count de Monaay instead the Dems joined them but talk a good game of I feel your pain.

Now we are faced with Hiliary a Dem who never met a bankster she didn't like,say what you want about the Reps they never abandoned their core values as crappy and bat siiit crazy as it is, they stick to it and everyone can respect that.
edit on 5-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

More breakdown from Progressive America is actually center left
"Democrats dismayed with the loss of the Senate are pointing the finger squarely at President Obama.

In race after race across the country, vulnerable Democrats were unable to shed the shadow of a deeply unpopular White House.

Voters appeared eager to punish Obama after two years defined by crisis and mismanagement, and Republicans saw consistent success by labeling their opponents as potential rubber stamps for the president.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Young voter turnout was way down from the Presidential elections, and republicans were highly motivated. Plus people are mad at Obama yes, but the main issue is that after decades of culture wars and dumbing down the American people are now a majority of rednecks, for lack of a better term.

They are in for a nasty surprise when they get nothing to show for their vote except their money stolen and given to the rich.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Young voter turnout was way down from the Presidential elections, and republicans were highly motivated. Plus people are mad at Obama yes, but the main issue is that after decades of culture wars and dumbing down the American people are now a majority of rednecks, for lack of a better term.

They are in for a nasty surprise when they get nothing to show for their vote except their money stolen and given to the rich.

Maybe why they didn't vote this time is because that happened last time.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So true a lot of these folks believe they are part of the super rich and yes while both parties are greedy the Reps leadership are extremely so to this day I have no idea as to what the Rep leadership wants other than tax cuts for the 1%, but they are geniuses in getting a sizable amount of ordinary folks to back them.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: Destinyone

Sorry man but their money is going to the wealthy not to the poor.

"The top 3% of families saw their share of total income rise to 30.5% in 2013 from 27.7% in 2010, while the bottom 90% saw their share fall. "

I am not sure how that equates to what Destiny stated...the point being, its the economy and many people, especially the bulk of "taxpayers", felt the pinch. Federal tax revenue is at record setting levels and they want more -- that is what resonated with the People. Why do they need more...I believe 3+ trillion should be over abundant in the maintenance of a Nation...

The ire should be directed towards an ever increasing tax scheme that nickel and dimes every inch of society, collects massive taxes, and turns around and claims they cannot survive.

No company on this planet can match the revenue of the United States; yet we are upset at Wal Mart -- regardless of the fact they cannot affect the change that Governments can.

Yeah must be our payoffs to those companies...never mind the 3 trillion raked in by the State...top company in the world only brings in 460 billion.
edit on 6-11-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

You could find no other term? What was your term for 2012 when your side won? The better part of the People were what? Picasso's'?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

This guy is great.

When its all said and done the Dem leaders are really not out of hand for asking where all the voters where. Is it really a matter of no show means no vote? Republican voting numbers were down as well.

During last election Republican no shows were a major factor. During Obamas first election.....large dem voter turn out.

I sat at the empty voting station the other day and watched thousands of cars drive by early. Folks on the way to work. Not even ten cars in the parking lot and 7 of those belonged to poll workers. All those voters going to work yet few stopped by the polls to say thank you. LOL. Ohio had record low turn outs......way down there.

Coal states voted coal. Jobs. Ohio voted clean sweep Republican probably due to conditions under the Republican governor. The war is always won in the trenches.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The vid blogger Kyle can be a bit annoying but he is spot on the people who did turned out had some pretty big wins in regards to ballot initiatives so somebody voted for progressive positions even though I doubt most would consider themselves Libs or progressives, the stayed at home Dems were either annoyed at Obama and the crappy weak in the knees choices they had or just couldn't be bothered , preferring to vote in big presidential primaries,like I said most Americans are more than likely center left based off what they really want, Dem leadership's epic fail was not to capitalize on that fact.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Yes. It would appear that many republicans like their weed. Money and weed you cant get more populous than that. lol. There are many that have basic conservative leanings and even hard core conservative constitutional leanings that partake. You couldn't tell a large percentage of conservatives that if they didn't know it. And as is demonstrated above the libs are so certain of the politics that they take the credit for wage and weed legislation passing. They are as positionaly fixated as a large number of conservatives. Simply put it took a good number of voters that otherwise voted conservative to get these weed laws passed.

edit on 6-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

new topics

top topics

join