It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Interesting data on 2014 midterm voter turnout

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
Racism would be dead if Republicans were the only ones around. They would just stop calling it racism and call it reality

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM

originally posted by: tavi45
Racism would be dead if Republicans were the only ones around. They would just stop calling it racism and call it reality

I guess its a good thing they have the political left to keep reminding them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how racist they are. All those old white guys might forget, huh?

Did I get all the Democrat approved stereotypes right?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:06 PM

So old white people in record numbers and young/nonwhite people way down. Republicans win. Am I surprised? Not at all. The ones who have it good are gonna make it even better for themselves...

This is what you infer from the participation statistics?? Not sure you I follow you.

From my end, it just looks like Democrats didn't think it worth their time to stop by the polls this year.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:29 PM
I’m gonna post this as 2 parts - I don’t think it all will fit in 1 post. The 2nd part will follow and is labeled POST-ELECTION REPUBLICAN POSTURE

I’m sure what I’m about to say will piss everybody off. Don’t worry, though, I’ll get over it.

I’m an Independent because I long ago lost all faith and confidence in the 2 major political parties (Republican and Democrat). I basically feel that Democrats are spineless and Republicans are ruthless. Our political system has become so corrupted that it no longer represents the values and welfare of the people it’s elected to serve. Motivated by greed and the lust for power, our governing bodies have become lacking in moral purpose and are fixated on the promoting the elite, ruling class. Any good, honest and moral intent envisioned by the founding fathers was abandoned long ago, overshadowed by the lure of fortunes to be gained and power to be wielded. Our society is rapidly becoming a 2 class system; a slave class ruled by rich, elite slumlords.

If all that’s not bad enough, what’s even worse is it’s our own damn fault. Like sheepish, obedient slaves, we’ve offered ourselves up as prey to manipulative, self-serving, dark forces (the rich, elite class). Forces hell-bent on obtaining and controlling all the resources produced on the breaking backs of a poverty-stricken, mindless workforce (that would be us - the slave class). They simply tell us that we’re lazy and undeserving, and in return we obediently work like dogs, producing all their goods and services, and then dutifully re-elect their political pitbulls to oppress us even further.

We’ve got to be either masochists, stupid or both. I think both. We had a good thing going here in America not that long ago. I don’t know, but I’m guessing that complacency and taking too much for granted has gotten us to where we are. Anyway, the following is my own little assessment of the mid-term election outcome:

GOP blamed Obama for dysfunction in Washington

This is convoluted thinking. The dysfunction in Washington is clearly at the feet of the Republican Party. It was Republicans that led the obstruction to meaningful legislative progress. The Republicans blocked any/all attempts to govern effectively. It’s Republicans who are responsible for Congress being labeled “The Do Nothing Congress”. The ignorant American voter solution to this problem: ELECT MORE REPUBLICANS!!

Nation thinks country is headed in wrong direction
This is kinda confusing to me. What changes in direction do Americans want to see? By voting Republican I can only assume that Americans favor the following agenda:

a) Impeach the president
b) Abolish the minimum wage
c) Suppress minority and women’s rights
d) Cut taxes and expand tax loopholes for the rich and coporations
e) Limit/suppress voting rights for minorities and the poor
f) Enact Personhood legislation
g) Further subsidize large corporations
h) Eliminate the Post Office in favor of privatizing
i) Increase the military budget
j) Eliminate Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid
k) Further exacerbate income inequality and eliminate the middle class
l) Support the failed policy of Trickle Down Economics
m) Strengthen the agenda of the evangelical right - infuse and embrace religion in politics
n) Bring back “boots on the ground” as a viable solution to ethical/ideological conflict
o) Reward fossil fuel industry and suppress alternatives
p) Make higher education less accessible and more expensive
q) Eliminate unemployment compensation, worker’s compensation, food stamps and any other remnants of the safety net
r) Repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), even though it’s working better than expected
s) Do not address Immigration Reform

The above is just a shortlist of Republican to-do’s. It’s what Americans have voted for, and it’s exactly what they deserve.

David Letterman made a comment on his show the other night that pretty well sums up this whole debacle. He said, “Take a look at this: gas under $3 a gallon – under $3 a gallon. Unemployment under 6%, whoever thought? Stock market breaking records every day. No wonder the guy (Obama) is so unpopular.”

Nation unhappy with economy
Considering Republican’s refusal to support and act on any job legislation, it’s a miracle that the unemployment rate has fallen to 5.9%. We have experienced a record number of consecutive months of private sector job growth and the stock market has soared to record levels. We’ve recovered from the deepest recession since the market crash/depression of 1929 in much better fashion than the rest of the world’s economies. I realize that wages are not at acceptable levels and require an adjustment/correction, but that’s not the fault of the current administration. I seriously doubt that Republicans would have done a better job at economic recovery. A recovery, by the way, from the disasterous market crash caused by Bush Administration policies and actions. Republicans complain a lot, but offer few solutions. Their solution to the recession would be to reduce, or eliminate, corporate taxes altogether and allow “trickle down economics” (a proven failed policy) to work it’s magic.

The Republican solution for EVERYTHING is to cut taxes for the elite, ruling class (the “job creators”) and for corporate entities (remember, corporations are people). While this may work well for the rich and famous, and for Exxon-Mobil, it’s a poison pill for everyone else.

to be continued in part 2...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:30 PM

McConnell’s Disengenuous Remarks About Working Together

Considering Senator McConnell’s stated top priority early on in Obama’s administration was to make him a 1 term president, I think he has a lot of gall to expect cooperation from the administration now. This president has endured an obscene amount of disrespect, slander, and racial inuendo from the Republicans, not to mention all the unfounded accusations, insinuations and flatout lies targeting him. The Office of the Presidency has been damaged and scarred by brutally disrespectful, foul-mouthed Republicans ever since 2009. Many times these assaults bordered on being unpatriotic and anti-American. And now, after 6 long years of trashing Obama’s character in order to destroy his legacy, since McConnell now wants to establish a legacy of his own, he has the nerve to suddenly extend an olive branch? He wants Obama to step across the aisle and work together? Gimme a friggin break! What a back-stabbing, self-serving, arrogant SOB! It’s not only total BS, it’s shameful, disgusting and disengenuous of McConnell at best.

Boehner Threatens the President
Boehner stated, "Finding common ground is hard, but it's even harder if the president isn't willing to work with us...” He then went on to say that his members will move to repeal the Affordable Care Act, even if such a bill won't pass the Senate or be signed by the president.

Then Boehner warned that if Obama tries to take executive action on things like immigration reform -- as the president signaled he would Wednesday if Congress continues to stall -- it would "poison the well" and prompt a harsh response from Republicans. He said, "When you play with matches, you take the risk of burning yourself", followed by, "And he's going to burn himself if he continues to go down this path."

Translation: “If Obama doesn’t obey our mandate to tear down everything he has accomplished, we will impeach him”.

Boehner is clearly threatening the President of the United States. After 6 years of total obstruction, Congress is now stating that unless Obama goes along with EVERYTHING on their agenda he will pay the price (impeachment awaits).

In case you didn’t know, the Republican Party has no interest or intention of finding common ground and reaching negotiated compromise. They plan to shove their agenda down everyone‘s throat, PERIOD. It’s their way or the highway. They are power-mad and mean to please their corporate sponsors, sharing in the ill-gotten booty. The middle class and poor best step aside and just be thankful for the scraps you’ve been left to fight over. Frankly, I think the Republican Party has become a clear and present danger to this nation’s security and future survival.

But, what the hey? It’s what America voted for, and it’s what it deserves: a bunch of lazy, complacent, spineless Democrats, led by a bunch of foaming at the mouth, lunatic Republicans.

God Bless America...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:37 PM
a reply to: vor78

Hehe as you said we keep reminding you. Obviously it exists if there's something to remind you about.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:04 PM
a reply to: tavi45

Oh, it certainly exists. I'm just not convinced who the racists really are. Might be those pretending to be their political friends and allies who have been big on promises, short on results over the last few decades? Just a possibility.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:15 PM

Racism is not confined to Republicans. It's definitely prevalent in that party though.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:17 PM

Racism is not confined to Republicans. It's definitely prevalent in that party though.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:34 PM
It's all a coincidence right?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:36 PM

It's all a coincidence right?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:12 AM
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah those people in the article are trash. I'm glad you agree.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:21 AM

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ummm...Ha, ha, ha.....too funny...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:48 AM

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: seagull

im a firmly middle class, middle aged white guy. I don't vote because I feel disenfranchised. The poll is close enough I can walk there on a smoke break. But don't see the point.

Ummm...then thank you for not having an opinion on the matter....Frankly...if you cant bring yourself to play the game then don't whine about not having the winning ticket.........or was that the lottery...?

Still...just because you vote and I fully intended to.....yet somehow never made it to the fire station to cast my ballot.....does that mean the universe is going to implode...? or that "Little Ceasar's" will run out of pepperoni two minutes before I order..............(let the case)

The chains that tug now and then at your ankle are a testament to the overtly synchratic mating of Jack Horner and Missy Muffet..........NOT...a reminder that your just another stage bear...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
Come on Tavi let's quit acting like the GOP is the only party with "Rich Old White Guys" and Racists. Just do a Google Search for Richest Senators and you can take a good look at some good examples of Rich Old White Guy Dems.

And If you read some of the remarks from Dems after Tim Scott got elected on Twitter you guys had your fair share of racism flying around the other night. I'm just sad that people like you are have so successfully had the wool pulled over your eyes.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:08 PM
a reply to: EverydayInVA

I'm fully aware that there are rich old white racist Democrats. It's just a huge pet peeve of mine when people won't have the guts to say it like it is. There are many Republicans who are blatantly racist and still pretend they are not.

Republicans are the ones who keep saying "racism isn't as thing anymore, stop bothering us about it".

It's not dead at all and anyone who thinks it is, is patently wrong. Are all Republicans racist? No. Are some Republicans racist? Yes. I've met many of them and it's a huge factor in their being Republican

I literally have heard friends and family say brutally racist things about Obama before he was even president. I don't live in the deep south either. These are " modern" Republicans.

It's a problem of the Republican party and rather than change their platform they are parading out an ever increasing number of minority Republicans, many of whom are self hating.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:11 PM
a reply to: EverydayInVA

A great example of this hypocritical lying attitude is the Republican stance on homosexuality. They were vehemently anti gay and still are. After the recent supreme Court decision many flipped overnight after reading the writing on the wall.

Do you really believe that Republicans are just suddenly seeing the light and accepting homosexuals as equal?

It's quite obvious that they just realize they lost and have to pretend to like gays in order to stay relevant.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
a reply to: 200Plus

You're basing everything on "your neighborhood"...there are 10's of thousands of other communities out there...the numbers are stating something, he/she is reporting on them. Just as you say your neighborhood is struggling older people, my community is full of affluent older whites...don't judge on just what you see in "your" immediate area. It's a big country.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:36 PM

Nope not women.

"Democrats won women voters. But Republicans, by a wider margin, won the men."

Looks like the only segment that Republicans have a clear hold on is old white men. The march of progress just took a few steps back

Thank god. It was about to become a goose step.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
a reply to: dr1234

In what way was it becoming a goose step? In what way will the Republican win majority prevent that?

Answer specifically. Obama is not Hitler

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>