It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats deserved this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Just from reading this thread I can tell ya, It ain't gonna happen. A look here at the rabid Democrats defending Obama and his policies of the last 6 years, the same ones that have done so much damage, gives a peek in to Obama's mind and his attitude toward co operation with anyone not willing to be in lock step with his every whim. He'll block anything Republicans bring to the table and use his pen to do what ever he can get away with.
The Republicans are in power now and they damn well better use it for Our best interests, not their own. But, I'll be very surprised if any good comes out of either House. Just more bickering and power grabs.
Like a bunch of spoiled kids fighting over the last cookie.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

That's what I expect as well.

Its going to be an entertaining thing to watch. I'm pretty sure we're about to witness the complete self-destruction of an American political party, one that had absolutely everything working in its favor when it took power in 2006, at the hands of one man who is too arrogant and egotistical to realize exactly how much damage he's done already, and how much he's going to do if he doesn't reverse course. But he's not going to do that. He's going to double down and try to rule all by himself. He has no idea how big of a failure he's been, how sick and tired people are of the partisan BS, and he's about to take the entire Democrat party down with him.

The left has forgotten why they were able to take over both houses of Congress in 2006. Its because America was tired of extremist viewpoints and policies of all kinds. To that end, Rahm Emmanuel recruited a large coalition of moderate Dems that was able to win in traditionally conservative Congressional districts that year and was the reason the Dems swept into power. But once in power, and particularly since they've had the presidency beginning in Jan. 2009, they took a hard left turn and started waging a culture war. All those moderate Dems Rahm recruited in 2006? They're ALL gone now, quite predictably voted out of office in the last two mid terms as the party has vastly overstepped the intent of the people that elected them. And you know what?

The Democrat majority is gone as well.

edit on 6-11-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Eh... So back in the early 2000's Republicans were hailing the death of the Democrat party then in 2008, the Democrats were hailing the death of the Republican party. And now, YOU are hailing the death of the Democrat party (again) now that the Republicans have retaken office. I hope you see a pattern here. (hint: you're wrong).

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not saying they're dead. Of course, they will come back from it in time, just as the GOP has. But this current iteration, the group we have now? They're just about done.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

He'll block anything Republicans bring to the table and use his pen to do what ever he can get away with.

That is just what he should do because that is just what the Republicans did to him. You do remember McConnell saying we are going to do what we can to make him a one term President.

The Republicans are in power now and they damn well better use it for Our best interests, not their own.

If you are one of the elite that paid for their elections then you may get what you want but if you are just another working class stiff then forget it you are just as screwed as the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Actually, what he should do is try to play himself off as taking the high road by taking a conciliatory approach to the next two years. It doesn't mean he has to sign everything that comes across his desk, or anything, for that matter, but if he comes across as just doing it for revenge or out of spite, its not going to play well with an American public that appears fed up with such antics from both sides.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Ok. I'll agree with you there.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I forget whom and in which thread it was, but I don't think Obama is all to blame *gasp*
Mostly-- yes -- but not all

Seems as tho Harry Reid shares the other part of responsibility of failure
He has over 300 bills that have yet to be passed on to Obama, if I remember that correctly

So maybe with Reid having to step down soon, just maybe things will go along a little smoother when it comes to getting things passed....maybe

There is wishful thinking!!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
He shouldn't have even been there to start with. He had no experience and was not ready for the job. He didn't even have one term under his belt as a Senator! Before that, he was nothing but a community organizer. How the hell does that prepare him to be the most powerful man on the planet? He's come up with some of the worst, most damaging policies, yet his fanboys cheer him on.

So, we keep on playing the same useless game? Let Obama act like a spoiled child, block anything and everything Republicans put forward, no matter if it's Bi Partisan? Which is exactly what Reid has been doing, all so he can say the Republicans have done nothing.
What have the Dems done to deserve more time in the driver's seat? How's that unemployment workin' out? Numbers may be falling, but we all know it's not because there's more jobs. And to pretend any different is just lying and misdirection.
Insurance better, more affordable? Nah, didn't think so. Truth is, Democrats have done squat for the last 6 years, except keep a hand in every working man's pocket to give away to those who want to sit on their ass and take advantage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join