It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The plane that carried a President needs help the original air force one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The first Air Force One that carried President Eisenhower is found decaying in an Arizona field and it only needs $ 200 k to fix it up which is not a lot of bucks in the big picture it would take $200,000 and 30 days of work by a team of mechanics to restore.

So do any Ats members know anyone with loads of money and a hanger

Timothy Coons, a contractor who serves as the plane's caretaker, is looking for a museum willing to take it and restore it.

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html
So what would your ideas be to raise the money for a restoration and preservation , kind of like owning a race horse between 100 owners

A] a lottery

B ] email all the rich people and beg them

C ] add your idea

lets see who has the best idea

edit on 4/11/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Who cares? 200k to restore this piece of corrupt US history.....I would rather give the money if I had it to the welfare of female horses. Another stupid cause!!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There's a VC-118 (DC-6) presidential transport parked down the road at the Pima Air Museum. They should truck her down there.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Here's another historic connie.
I saw this one sitting on a ramp somewhere, a long time ago.

cdn-www.airliners.net...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I love the look of those old planes and cars from yesteryear Phage , it would be a shame to see a plane with this history go for scrap .

Hopefully a Multi-Millionare reads these threads and wants a original MK 1 plane , we have a show in the U.K called amazing spaces where people turn or make small things into great living areas one guy bought a small private jet and turned it into a lovely little pad in his garden , shower ,toilet bed ,everything for about 30 k

Some Bankers get millions in bonuses per year , imagine the toy you could turn this into

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
First, I have to make sure you recognized the logo on the nose of the one I showed.

Second, there are constellations still flying.

But yes, the original Air Force One does have some extra significance. Have you been to Tucson? Kennedy's is at Pima.

edit on 11/5/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Who cares? 200k to restore this piece of corrupt US history.....I would rather give the money if I had it to the welfare of female horses. Another stupid cause!!

It's a MK 1 VC-121A the history alone makes this plane worth saving , send the horses to the French they know how to deal with them

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

With my criminal history Phage they would have a fit if i tried to get into America , and yes it is the Stones album logo

i saw them live years ago great band

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

A lot of people don't realize Phage is actually Mick Jagger.

---

I think the best bet would most likely be contacting air museums.

Really don't like watching beautiful pieces of engineering vanish, but I would hope anyone rich and willing to part with cash would do so in a manner more beneficial to mankind.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
I may be old but I'm not that ugly.

Can't dance either.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Even as a non flying tourist attraction people would pay $ 1 to sit in the presidents seat it would easy pay for the restoration or we could ask Phage /Mick to get his hand in the pocket .

The Stones own mansions they have forgotten about

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Crowd source funding maybe a answer to this contractors quest to restore the former AF1.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Very surprised some air and space museum hasn't picked this up (In the states there is a Dayton, Ohio museum, the main Smithsonian Museums in D.C., etc.). Eisenhower's presidential plane could even be bought and set up at his presidential library or museum and set up close by. I hope communication is flying on the need for this one to find renovation and a home.

Edit:

The wikpedia article on this plane, named Columbine II

en.wikipedia.org...

There were quite a few planes used by presidents before this one (the wiki page talks about Teddy Roosevelt being the first to fly - bully!), and this became Air Force One after a near-accident incident made it necessary to have a recognizable identification for a plane carrying a U.S. president.
edit on 5-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

it would take so little money to get this done and as the poster above you CeeKers said crowd sourcing would be a great idea .

It was used a lot for golfing trips back in the day i am suprised Obama has not snapped it up i hear he likes golf

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The engine fell out.

05DEC73 Departed Miami for Amsterdam with a load of produce. The aircraft was subsequently grounded at Amsterdam with engine problems. 18FEB74 Departed Amsterdam for Coventry, UK where further repairs were carried out. 07MAR74 Positioned to Dublin to operate a livestock charter to Tripoli for Livestock International. 08MAR74 Departed Dublin for Tripoli. 10MAR74 Returned to Dublin empty. The aircraft was grounded at Dublin pending inspection by the FAA.

Vegas sabotage....
edit on 5-11-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It's in decay like the Country, either one could be fixed up if some attention was paid to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
A legitimate one for the Smithsonian ...

If they can afford it ...

top topics

join