It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering the Dark Age of the GOP in power

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
All these things were problems before the Demcrats took power and remained problems throughout their tenure, including the two years where the Republicans did not even have the numbers to try to block them.

Those on food stamps will get cut further

Food stamps are meant to be supplemental, and if the economy gets going, many who are on food stamps should not need them as much or any more. Why shouldn't we cut them? Not to mention, we have tremendous budgetary issues in this country. I know the go to is to cut the military, but even if we cut the entire military (and soldiers families are those on food stamps, btw), it wouldn't rectify our budget issues. Cuts are inevitable and, if the government is serious about rectifying the problems, will need to be made across the board.

They will cut social security or try to privatize it.

Again, in case you haven't noticed, this country is running up debt faster than it can replace it with revenue. If you know math, you know it's only a matter of time before our government collapses financially unless steps are taken. Private retirement savings outperform government run plans across the board. For one thing, when you control your money, you are far less likely to simply steal the money to pay for other things and leave a big fat IOU there as has been done now. The money you and I are forced to pay into SS does not sit there accruing interest for us, it actually goes to pay the check for the little old lady down the street whose money was robbed by the government long ago.

The college loan problem will NEVER get solved

But the democrats had two years to SOLVE it, and their solution was to have the government take total control of it. What that wasn't the solution you were hoping for? You don't enjoy paying the government both loan payments AND taxes? And yes, that happened in the completely democrat wonder years of Obama's early rule.

All the jobs gone overseas WILL NOW NEVER COME BACK

Overseas jobs will only come back when it becomes economical for those businesses to do business here instead of in other countries. There are many things like regulatory burden, cost of labor and taxes that all factor in to a business's decision to outsource. You can lower or change one factor, but the others may still make it cost prohibitive when you consider what it is a business makes and sells to the public.

Obamacare only made the cost of doing business more expensive. All the new regulations only made the cost of doing business more expensive. Higher taxes only made the cost of doing business more expensive. The only thing that went down is the cost of labor because the labor market is so saturated with people looking for work, and now Obama wants to import a lot more cheap labor.

The immigration problem will get worst

Only if they are completely tone deaf, but Obama and Democrats have been allowing more or less open borders since they got there. With a threatened executive amnesty by Christmas.

They’ll stack the Supreme Court with more right-wing crazies like Scalia and Thomas

Obama still appoints the nominees. Did you miss that in civics classes? Sure they can refuse to approve them, but it's not like Obama is suddenly going to start appointing Originalists because he lost Congress.

Btw, it's said when people read the actual words of the law and rule according to those as written in the COTUS are now "right-wing" crazies.

Gay rights, woman rights will be attacked

Yep, the GOP is so very sexist/racist that they elected Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Joni Ernst, Shelley Moore Capito and Mia Love last night.

One of the first things they will go after is to make abortion illegal

I doubt it. I think they have bigger fish to fry ... you know, like that budget that hasn't been made since Obama was first elected. But go ahead and keep shaking under your bed at the boogeyman. Abortion is a state issue like marriage should be.

They’ll cut taxes for the rich and super rich more

Taxes should be cut for everyone and entire code gutted and reformed/replaced. So, yeah, I guess that does mean cutting taxes on the rich, but it also means cutting taxes for you and me. Why do you hate the rich? Just because they have more than you?

They'll let the NSA the CIA do everything they want

So when we found out that the NSA and CIA were pretty much doing whatever they wanted under Obama ... Rand Paul and Ted Cruz were Democrats? ... No?

He defense budget will balloon...
The defense contractors are at that HAPPY TIMES ARE HERE AGAIN party

I've already mentioned that there will have to be cuts everywhere across the board if they are serious about doing what needs to be done. However, I will point out that the COTUS does mandate a military where it does not mandate things like food stamps and social security.
edit on 5-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Well again, here is to hoping beyond all hopes that they actually do something. Instead of staring at it like half retarded monkeys peering into the first flame.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Republican, Democrat, it doesn't matter.

We all burn just the same.

Do you honestly think TPTB care which mouthpiece is elected? Their overall power has not dwindled or increased. The whole process of "choosing" our elected representatives is only an illusion. Part of the grand play that's put on to lull us into thinking we have power over the government.
edit on 5-11-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: spel iz hard. ;_;

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The gutting of the safety net ..You mean no more Obamaphones to the lazy,the incompetent and the indigent?

The gutting of the right to choose You mean the right to execute an infant?

The gutting of Obamacare...About time,what a total mess!

The further ruination of the environment, the economy, human rights, civil rights, minority rights..Yep I see America becoming a vast wasteland,the economy is already destroyed by the Dems.What the heck are minority rights?

A stronger supporting of Israel..As it should be.

Laws that will favor Banksters and Koch type billionaires...YOU MEAN LIKE THE PRESENT ADMINISTRATION?
The complete death of unionism

the death of the minimum wageI hope so.....

The impeachment of Obama...Could not happen to a better guy.

Massive attack on woman rights and gay rights....Yep,Women will be put in prison camps and gays will be the guards!

The civil rights movement and affirmative action will be set back years...Yepper,no more civil rights!

IF a GOP president gets in with these maniacs most assuredly you will have ten 911’s...Ten?You sure it won`t be just 2 or 3?

WWIII a certainty and possibly the destruction of the world as we know it....Uh-huh...a vast airless world kinda like the moon!

All kinds of crazy anti-human bills that will set back the US and the world centuries..Yes!The tribes can refight the Indian wars!

This will be a continuation of the second Bush as the third Bush will be just as bad ...Just so it ain`t Obama!

It’s so bad that the only one who can rescue the world from the madmen of the GOP is Hillary Clinton? The new Heroine…You mean the Fascist cankles?

Isn't that amazing

It shows the moral and spiritual depravity of our world...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Xeven
What this means is more dead US troops. Prepare for wars my friend.

You do realize that Obama has bombed more countries than Bush43, right? And he would have gone into Syria after he went into Libya, if the American people hadn't kicked up a fuss. The democrats aren't a party of peace. Ask Bill Clinton about why he took us into Kosovo ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

plus the number of troops that died under Obama doubled

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Blind faith in either extreme of the political spectrum only leads to ignorance and intolerance.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: macman

it could be but i'm pretty sure two Democrats in the house voted for them to.
i know that there is stil pressure to have it repealed.

Obamacare repeal pressure building on Mitch McConnell, John Boehner

the real test would be if they have enough balls to override a veto which obama would surely do.

You got me thinking here...

I wonder if enough Democrats still in Congress feel uncomfortable enough with the results of this election that they might be pressured into voting for some revamping of the ACA if not a total gutting? Especially after the ACA starts really being implemented in 2015.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I wonder if enough Democrats still in Congress feel uncomfortable enough with the results of this election that they might be pressured into voting for some revamping of the ACA if not a total gutting? Especially after the ACA starts really being implemented in 2015.

That is a good point. With Dear Leader rendered irrelevant, and a historic number of seats in the House, perhaps the remaining Democrats, in acts of self-preservation for 2016, will support some form of large-scale modification or perhaps even total repeal once the true effects of Obamacare become fully realized.

edit on 5-11-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Bring back the Limelight

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

lets hope so, one thing that can be done now is the funding for it can be stopped, if a repeal is not passed. even if he breaks out the pen and phone they still can withhold funding. now that they have control of the House and Senate.

edit on 5-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

(post by Hendrick99 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

When the premium hikes and large employer cancellation notices start coming out now that the election is done, that pressure is really going to ramp up.

That shoe is yet to drop.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Auricom
I was thinking the same thing. lol

He probably felt like this 6 years ago.
ETA: Warning, questionable language in videos. View at your own risk

I'm sorry, I feel like this.

Doesn't matter which side of the coin you pick, it still goes into the same evil machine.

edit on 11 5 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that many democrats crossed party lines a voted straight republican this election

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: macman
a certain percentage of their revenue has to go into the actual healthcare of their clients or something like that but I imagine that there is ways to get around this.

and another reason why the costs might be rising is well
where did the insurance companies stash their reserve cash?
I don't that some of the life insurance companies invested theirs in the wrong place and well when the economy went up in smoke because of the housing bust well they lost most of that reserve..
is it possible that the health insurance companies found themselves with the same problem? could obamacare have been more of a bailout done at a time when the people were just sick and tired of bailouts?
if so then I would say that obamacare is more the result of crappy republican policies!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am so disappointed in the republicans. They stole another election, the only way they know how to win. The voter suppression laws and less voting days was a evil strategic move. They knew every vote was going to count. Gerrymandering goes across both party lines, but Democrats do not pass laws to stop people from voting. I hope democrats will just sit back for the next two years, recover from the long hard battle to do good for the poor and laborers. It is time for cold conservatism, warmed by fires of many wars, to reign.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just read this. The lobbyists are wasting no time. They know which side butters their bread.
"Banks’ Wish List for New Congress Topped by Relief From Attacks"

www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 5-11-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I am so disappointed in the republicans. They stole another election, the only way they know how to win. The voter suppression laws and less voting days was a evil strategic move. They knew every vote was going to count. Gerrymandering goes across both party lines, but Democrats do not pass laws to stop people from voting. I hope democrats will just sit back for the next two years, recover from the long hard battle to do good for the poor and laborers. It is time for cold conservatism, warmed by fires of many wars, to reign.

So how did the IL and MD Governors steal elections in already corrupt Dem. controlled super blue states?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Those are local elections. The goal was to take Senate power. The democrats running this year were spineless, running away from Obama, falling into the republicans plan of making the election about Obama. Instead of telling us what are they going to do about people who have pre-existing conditions when they dismantle Obamacare?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: howmuch4another

Those are local elections. The goal was to take Senate power. The democrats running this year were spineless, running away from Obama, falling into the republicans plan of making the election about Obama. Instead of telling us what are they going to do about people who have pre-existing conditions when they dismantle Obamacare?

oh so they didn't steal governorships in blue states..the dems were just fairly rejected. I thought so.
edit on 11/5/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/5/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hendrick99

That’s where your gonna end up after the GOP gets finished

Folks like you who worry themselves sick over the taxes the rich have to pay…the truly brainwashed

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join