It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering the Dark Age of the GOP in power

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Obama did not GO INTO Lybia.

No, but he had people there working for him... hunting down missiles.... to ship to Syria.

Anyway, he damned sure didn't 'GO INTO' Libya to rescue anyone.... or send any help at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I`m gonna enjoy the Dark age of Republicans in power,it`s fun watching the Donks go completely berserk!You lost,get over it!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: butcherguy

They'll keep the mandate and eliminate any assistance that is offered to those who can't afford it?? And, oh ya, they'll remove any restraints that are on the insurance industry to keep the costs down.

The insurance industry helped write the bill.... 'keep costs down'.... that's a good one.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

They'll keep the mandate and eliminate any assistance that is offered to those who can't afford it?? And, oh ya, they'll remove any restraints that are on the insurance industry to keep the costs down.

Keep costs down??!?!?!?! Are you f&*^ing kidding me.

Costs are already skyrocketing. It is what the ACA is supposed to do.

Honestly....you Progressives are really bad loosers...and pretty deluded in thinking what happened last night.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

You basically went Clinton on this. You are trying to redefine "going in"???

Semantics has turned into a religion for some....others a political way of being.

edit on 5-11-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He'd be forceably removed for it isn't legal. Whether a governing party of any kind gets in minority or majority, they are still elected in subject to the constitution and the laws of the land.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Will they do anything??? Yeah, a whole lot of nothing, as the GOP as a whole is scared about how the media views them, then actually moving the country back to the Constitution.

i don't know how you can say that, when the Republican led House has voted and passed bills to repeal obumacare, at least fifty times. reid never let the first one come to the floor in the senate.

so you must think that Senators are more vain than Representatives.
edit on 5-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

No, those are republicans own word practically. They have sponsored almost 1000 bills against abortion

Yes, because killing an unborn child is always a great thing.

and birth control in the last decade for example.

Oh, so the GOP has backed banning Birth Control.....or are you just hyperventilating about people not wanting the Govt to pay for people's sexual choices.

Or how about demanding tax cuts for the rich while they already pay the least taxes in 75 years?

This old tired BS???

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think that those bills were put forth, with them knowing it wouldn't go anywhere. But, I hope that I am wrong.

I hope that it wasn't just the GOP putting on a show and that they actually mean it, and go forward with it as they can push these through.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Need I remind you these last 6 years have been a nightmare. I doubt it could get much worse.

Can't wait to see the executive orders that the douche in chief tries too pass. He never did give a crap what the American people think.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

so you must think that Senators are more vain that Representatives.

Not vain. I just know that either side is corrupt, and more control and power is always in the interest of those in Govt.

But hey, here is to hoping that I am completely wrong on that.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Xeven
Obama did not GO INTO Lybia. GO INTO implies boots on the ground. He sent a few planes overhead.

Into Libyan airspace.
The bombs fell on Libyan soil.
Go ask the Libyans if America went in.
See if they say Americans stayed out of Libya or not.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Will they do anything??? Yeah, a whole lot of nothing, as the GOP as a whole is scared about how the media views them, then actually moving the country back to the Constitution.

i don't know how you can say that, when the Republican led House has voted and passed bills to repeal obumacare, at least fifty times. reid never let the first one come to the floor in the senate.

Yea, that dam has been blown! Let the flood begin!
I can't wait to see how the POTUS reacts to this. If he vetoes everything sent across his desk he has doomed the DNC for the next 8 years come 2016.

And everyone will know his true character as well and will become known as the worst President in history so far. Jimmy Carter must be smiling.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
everybody seems to have faith in our corrupt, sorta 2 party same coin system.

its just one evil vs the other evil.
wars will continue, corruption will continue, the growth of the police state will continue....all that really changed is who we will be complaining about

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't think the GOP leadership will do anything to detract from a potential GOP Presidency in 2016. They will likely lay low and try to collect votes on the margins for the next 2 years - like moderate Blacks, Hispanics and women - so they won't get too ambitiously conservative with their agenda or risk ginning up the Dem base and scaring away crossover votes.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

it could be but i'm pretty sure two Democrats in the house voted for them to.
i know that there is stil pressure to have it repealed.

Obamacare repeal pressure building on Mitch McConnell, John Boehner

the real test would be if they have enough balls to override a veto which obama would surely do.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

actually there is something in the legislation designed to keep the costs down I'm not gonna look up the exact details but I know that some of the companies had to send rebates back because they had too much profit..
of course one could argue about having to loan the insurance companies that much money when they could have needed it during the year much more than they needed the stupid rebate check and well an increase in the pay of the ceo's and upper management could alleviate alot of the problem of excess profit couldn't it?

I'm not fond of obamacare I don't like being a hostage customer to a product that I very much see as useless since there is such high deductables. But since the mandate was the baby of romney to begin with I don't expect that to go anywhere! Everything else in the bill is up for grabs and what is done I am sure will be to the benefit of the healthcare and insurance industries and not we the people!
Some things just don't change much regardless of who is in power.

But let's see if they can do anything with most conservatives pet peeves- abortion and homosexuality!!
I bet they don't do much of anything with those either since they are just the pet talking points to stir up the conservatives and get their support! If they do do something well they won't have that spoon to stir with again will they?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

yep, ol jimmy been wanting to get that off his back for a long time.
it a shame though, i really think his heart was always in the right place, he just fumbles a lot.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

actually there is something in the legislation designed to keep the costs down

Let me hold my breath......

And if there is, maybe you should forward this to the insurance companies, as they don't seem to have gotten the memo.

There are threads here on ATS specifically about the costs rising, all without the help of the GOP.

You and everyone else have been had...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Conservatives will just have to realise that people are people and that sexual preference should not be legislated against.

As for abortion? If they started educating people about the growth a development of a child and educated towards more personal responsibility, then the abortion clinics could simply close due to lack of business.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join