It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering the Dark Age of the GOP in power

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

No more sending American weapons to ISIS...

Wasn't that McCains idea in the first place and wasn't he a Republican?

edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Iscool

No more sending American weapons to ISIS...

Wasn't that McCains idea in the first place and wasn't he a Republican?

Don't know that it was his idea but he was hand in hand (and still is) with Obama to wipe out Assad and install ISIS as the new gov't for Syria...

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Spider879

Actually the last presidents going back to Roosevelt who were two term presidents in all of them in the second term their parties lost the senate and congress so is there hope that this is merely the way the politics swings from dem to GOP traditionally?

NO!

Because the GOP will do to much damage to people, particularly the poor, the seniors, the minorities, and the environment, before the American people through them out of office

In other words they might destroy the world before that happens or come near to doing it

They, the GOP, are the ISIS of America

I don't think I have ever heard a more dramatic diatribe of total scare-mongering nonsense on ATS...

Despite your anecdotal sense of democratic superiority... WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

Do you have any proof that it was purely Republicans playing the elitist game and not a single Democrat?

Do you have any proof that the Republican party, alone, gutted the right to choose? (cite laws or bills please)

Do you have any proof that Republicans alone, strongly support Israel? (check how many Dems hold dual-citizenship in Israel)

And you say we're all asleep? Your eyes are wide shut my friend.

Everything you have spat out so far into this thread is hyperbole at the least, and terrible rhetoric and propaganda, at best. I haven't seen one single source for any claim you've made, not an article, an op-ed, NOTHING. Just your own personal, completely contrived, fear-laden blathering about one party, completely failing to acknowledge that both parties play the same game.

Same hand, different puppet.

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

There will be no relief for any of the vulnerable people in America

Those on food stamps will get cut further

They will cut social security or try to privatize it.

The college loan problem will NEVER get solved

All the jobs gone overseas WILL NOW NEVER COME BACK

The immigration problem will get worst

They’ll stack the Supreme Court with more right-wing crazies like Scalia and Thomas

Gay rights, woman rights will be attacked

One of the first things they will go after is to make abortion illegal

They’ll cut taxes for the rich and super rich more

They'll let the NSA the CIA do everything they want

He defense budget will balloon...
The defense contractors are at that HAPPY TIMES ARE HERE AGAIN party

So in a nutshell, SSDD

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Xeven
What this means is more dead US troops. Prepare for wars my friend.

You do realize that Obama has bombed more countries than Bush43, right? And he would have gone into Syria after he went into Libya, if the American people hadn't kicked up a fuss. The democrats aren't a party of peace. Ask Bill Clinton about why he took us into Kosovo ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The people have spoken.

This is a repudiation of liberal/leftist policies and a repudiation of the Obama Regime.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Wow! Slippery Slope much? You going to go cry in your pillow? It's really not that big of a deal. Nothing will really change much. We'll get a few new Republican policies, but the country isn't going to fall apart and lol at ten 9/11's. That's just ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It is a bitter sweet win! No more Dingy Harry moth balling even partisaned legislation. Boehner and McConnell are establishment guys and the GOP is fractured and not united. I do have hope that realizing they have two years to show us something perhaps attempts will be made to improve America though Im sure Obama will do his best to throw road blocks at every turn.

What will be very interesting is if the NEW congress can send partisaned legislation up the hill and place the ball in Obama's court! Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The only thing that concerns me is the word "mandate" being thrown around. This isn't a mandate, it is simply the voters giving the GOP a united house and senate to stop the partisanship and get something accomplished. If the GOP screws this up, then 2016 will go the way of the Dems.

Hopefully the GOP leadership understands this but I doubt it!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yea, because things were going so smooth with the Democrats leading the charge...... You liberals kill me. How are some of you so blind to the mess the Obama and the democratic party has created? This world IS NOT EQUIPPED to help EVERYONE.. Here in the US, I don't care to help everyone, I care to help those who care enough to improve their own situations and help themselves. And today, I don't think many really care, they just enjoy taking handouts and have grown used to it...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

That’s why your morality cheers at the victory of tyrants

Tyrants you say??? Like 0bama and his EOs? With his sidekick Holder??

Honestly. You Progressives and your thinking that your own crap doesn't stink would be roll on the floor laughing funny, if it weren't so sad.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The gutting of the safety net

The gutting of the right to choose

The gutting of Obamacare

The further ruination of the environment, the economy, human rights, civil rights, minority rights

A stronger supporting of Israel

Laws that will favor Banksters and Koch type billionaires
The complete death of unionism

the death of the minimum wage

The impeachment of Obama

Massive attack on woman rights and gay rights

The civil rights movement and affirmative action will be set back years

IF a GOP president gets in with these maniacs most assuredly you will have ten 911’s

WWIII a certainty and possibly the destruction of the world as we know it

All kinds of crazy anti-human bills that will set back the US and the world centuries

This will be a continuation of the second Bush as the third Bush will be just as bad

It’s so bad that the only one who can rescue the world from the madmen of the GOP is Hillary Clinton? The new Heroine…

Isn't that amazing

It shows the moral and spiritual depravity of our world...

Does this mean Ann Margaret isn't coming?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Meh...as President Obama once said. "Get over it, your side lost."

Nothing you say that will happen will happen. At least not on the level you predict. It's all part of the cycle.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Xeven
What this means is more dead US troops. Prepare for wars my friend.

You do realize that Obama has bombed more countries than Bush43, right? And he would have gone into Syria after he went into Libya, if the American people hadn't kicked up a fuss. The democrats aren't a party of peace. Ask Bill Clinton about why he took us into Kosovo ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Bombing and boots on the ground are two different things. I will say however I do think Obama is a potential war monger especially now the dems in the Senate cannot stop him now. Obama did not GO INTO Lybia. GO INTO implies boots on the ground. He sent a few planes overhead. I am happy to see change. I will likely back a GOP candidate in 2016 if it looks like GOP will hold both houses of congress. I will do this because I hope behind all the bluster of politicians to hold their seats that the majority of them rather do good for our country. I am tired of gridlock. I'd like to see either party in charge of all 3 branches for a time so some work can get done.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The Dems had control of both the House and the Senate the first two years of this Presidency. What did that get us. Cash for Clunkers, Fast and Furious, and worst of all, the ACA, which was passed without any of those in power actually reading it. Remember this?

A majority is not always a good thing.

But I'm looking forward to all those bills that have been approved by the House and now are sitting on Harry Reids desk to all of a sudden be passed by the Senate and swamp the poor guy in the Oval office.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Funny thing....
People don't like the ACA..... and many provisions haven't even been implemented yet.... the ones that will really piss people off.

Does anyone think that the Republicans will do anything about it now???

I don't.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

the same way that the republicans seem to be blind when it comes to the mess bush left for obama to clean up??

I'm wondering if this wasn't so much a statement against the democrats as it was a statement against the congress. I'm kind of hoping that the shift was from incumbent dems to newbie republicans although I haven't actually had time yet to see all the results to see if that is so yet.

To me nothing positive will happen till the voters send a loud and clear message to washington that we are gonna just keep firing them all till we see them working for us and not corp interests.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Let's all be real here for a quick second, nothing will be accomplished over the next two years.... We have a legitimate stale mate on our hands until the next presidential election... I guess nothing being accomplished is better than what Obama has been doing over the last 2 terms..

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They'll keep the mandate and eliminate any assistance that is offered to those who can't afford it?? And, oh ya, they'll remove any restraints that are on the insurance industry to keep the costs down.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Funny thing....
People don't like the ACA..... and many provisions haven't even been implemented yet.... the ones that will really piss people off.

Does anyone think that the Republicans will do anything about it now???

I don't.

Will they do anything???
Yeah, a whole lot of nothing, as the GOP as a whole is scared about how the media views them, then actually moving the country back to the Constitution.

I guess we can only hope that they will do something that reflects this referendum voting cycle.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join