It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering the Dark Age of the GOP in power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I think that for the majority of the citizens of the United States that homosexuality and abortion are already gone. The new "social" issue is marijuana. I just don't understand legalizing marijuana when smoking is not good for one's health.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I think it you in the basement

The basement of your mind

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
errors in your reasoning

Your counting on Boehner being active

Your counting on McConnel to be active

Neither man is nothing more the partymen
You will see some minor movement to say here, look at what I did

items of importance
1)bring in the money
2)keep seats

what they have to worry about is not the dems. Hell If I was a democratic Rep.. Sow the seeds of distrust
look at Gingrich's fall
he had a personality

these two
If I was the dems I would screw McConnel Offer to vote with the Tea Party if they will put one of their own up for the office reid is losing

lol

15 votes

that would require reid to be a leader

I put forth Bundy ranch, Gingriches fall, boehners rise, Tea Party being used
so no, your predictions are off

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: feldercarb

What legislation will they possibly try to pass but fanatic reactionary stuff like getting rid of Obamacare, gutting abortion laws, and gay rights and gutting laws on the environment.

If they do this then Obama and the dems can maybe make a comeback

I am unique in that, for the sake of lessening the suffering of humanity, I am for the lesser of two evils
I can see the ACA being reworked, it would only be trashed if the youth bail on insurance. If the youth do not support the ACA, then it would die. Abortion and gay rights are a thing of the past. That war is finished. To bring it back up would alienate a majority of the country. Not worth it. The environmental issue are a little different. With the environment you help some while hurting others. Case in point, there was an article about the national business association. Local business groups under the national business association did not appreciate some of the policies. The local groups were made up of people that owned ski slopes and bike shops and organic farms. They are business people too. I don't think that you can help one side without hurting somebody else. Things are more complicated than what they were just 15 years ago.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well that's what happens when Democrats let you down.

Panic.Attack

What if the rumor about Obama not being a Liberal is true?

What if he signs everything to get even with his traitors?

Can you imagine that.

What if he signs onto a complete Theocracy?

link   

Have you ever been upon a river and heard it coming?
Sensed it drawing near?
Felt it coming as the river widens and shallows out with rocks zooming under and it picks up speed with trees quickly passing by on the bank as it seeks a new elevation?
The Falls. We tip forward into the abyss.

+15 more 
link   
Welcome to how I felt six years ago when Obama and his henchman took office. At least your buddy Obama can veto everything. Obama did a great deal of damage over his first two years when he was unchecked. I feel most comfortable when everything is split. That way neither of the wacko partisan agendas can be implemented.

When you don't have an checks and balances you get crap like Obamacare.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The gutting of the right to choose

The gutting of Obamacare

Just wanted to point out that Obamacare was the gutting of the right to choose. But this ...

It’s so bad that the only one who can rescue the world from the madmen of the GOP is Hillary Clinton? The new Heroine…

Had me laughing out loud. Thanks for making my night.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Your idea that they will sit and do nothing( so as to stay in power) is unlikely since they are going to be powered and driven by fanatics like the Tea party who will empower these issues.

They will be saying and thinking that we were elected to do these things.

So I believe they will go after the progress that has been made

And believe me gay rights and abortion is fair game to them

As well as gutting Social security and other entitlement programs

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Then the Republicans will lose in 2016. The citizens want the middle. Nothing too extreme.

Addition: This was a mid term election. Not as many vote. Thus, things could easily switch in 2016. Both parties need to look at why things happened. Many of Obama's policies are not well liked. Obama fails to play to the middle. If you can appeal to the middle you are more likely to win.
edit on 4-11-2014 by feldercarb because: addition

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What has the GOP EVER done? But cut taxes for the rich

Maybe you like that...that's your thang

But what have they EVER done for the American people lately?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
BTW where are the regular right-wing fanatics…I thought Id draw them out of their caskets tonight.

There is blood in the water guys and gals... come and eat

But watch yourselves...the wolfman is around!

O.k. I see their lurking and there the ones giving all those stars to the JV conservatives

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yeah, it's clear you don't get it.

Legalizing it has nothing to do with claiming it is healthy, it is about making it a positive force on the economy, instead of a negative one.

It has clearly been demonstrated making it illegal does nothing to stop or even slow its usage, and taxpayers are paying billions to enforce the laws, instead of getting billions in tax revenue from its legal sale. Nobody who can think logically should be against legalization.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

End slavery?
Defeat the USSR?
Get us out of Vietnam after Dems got us in?
Stop the murder of unborn people?
TRY to stop Obamacare?

They haven't been able to do anything lately since Obama doesn't include them in anything. Now Obama and Democrats can own they last six years all by themselves and you saw the backlash today.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I'd be more for it coming in the form of a pill. That is one of the few times I will throw a bone to Big Pharma.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Maybe you like that...that's your thang

But what have they EVER done for the American people lately?

They had the unemployment rate down to 4.5% in 2006.

But that was before Democrats took control of Congress. Then it skyrocketed.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

End slavery?

Those weren’t the same republicans as today…believe me

And even if they were indeed one would have to go back that far to find something they actually did for the American people.

Do you honestly believe that Abe Lincoln if he were alive today would be a republican?

Defeat the USSR

Most experts, not partial political GOP pundits don’t agree the GOP defeated the USSR

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Right when everything has been going so well it gets turned upside down. You are a gilded prophet with the trumpet of righteousness blaring in your ear, released through your keyboard and shotgunned into my consciousness. I wish the clarity that certain doom always brings would simply leave us be. This upheaval can only signify our political and existential demise as we know it. Are we plummeting into the depths of no return at free-fall? Where shall we go to find solace in this new, definite and bitter political landscape? I'm scared of US. Or, y'know...same old #. Dramatic? Not this comment in comparison to yours.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The best thing that happened today was Obama was completely neutralized by the people. We won't be able to move forward until we overcome the two-party system and the progressives on both sides of the aisle.
edit on 2014/11/5 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
instead of regurgitating all the Democrats talking points. Why don't you do a little research and find out the truth for yourself. IT was President Eisenhower who deserves credit for the Civil Rights Act not president Johnson. Johnson was a racist and a bigot. he did not want to pass the bill but he was boxed into a corner by the Republican Congressto pass the Civil Rights Act. the only thing the Democrats can take credit for on the Civil Rights Act. IS for their votes against it. it is the Democratic Party who has had congressman, senators and even 3 or 4 presidents who have been members of the Klu Klux Klan. as a matter of fact President Warren G. Harding. He was actually sworn into the Ku Klux Klan in a Klan ceremony conducted inside the White House by Imperial Wizard Colonel Simmons. and FYI Dr.Martin Luther King. he was a registered Republican.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join