It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entering the Dark Age of the GOP in power

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
a reply to: CB328

I think that for the majority of the citizens of the United States that homosexuality and abortion are already gone. The new "social" issue is marijuana. I just don't understand legalizing marijuana when smoking is not good for one's health.

You really need to look into the issue then. A basic summary is: the goverment should not have the power to criminalize individual decisions just because they think are unhealthy. Even if this was acceptable, it is not without cost to make pot illegal and it doesn't really stop people anyway. It does give the market over to organized crime though.
edit on 6-11-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I am neither right or left, republican or democrat.

However surely you can see the extreme use of hyperbole in your OP, and the gross misunderstandings it reveals.

Each of your concerns are concerns voted on by the people.

In my state for example (Colorado) we are considered a "red" state; we have just elected a republican senator who sponsored a bill making abortions illegal.

The people voted the Senator in because he was the best guy to represent CO at the national level; those same people defeated the anti-abortion law (75% to 25%).

Just because a candidate wants something, doesn't mean they get it, the people still have the right to vote for their laws.

Both parties agree on women's rights and civil rights; only gay marriage can be considered a large discrepancy; but that has more to do with religion then politics.

I am sorry but I thought your post was a joke at first; how could anyone actually believe these things are going to happen...especially when we live in a country where the President can simply write an executive order to force the nation to remain under his design, regardless of house or senate partisan breakdowns.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Metallicus

What has the GOP EVER done? But cut taxes for the rich

Maybe you like that...that's your thang

But what have they EVER done for the American people lately?

Abraham Lincoln = Republican
Martin Luther King Jr. = Republican

You are pro civil rights... right?

Both parties have done some good things and some bad things; you must remove this anger towards one particular side, it is clouding your judgement.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

They, the GOP, are the ISIS of America

ISIS is founded by the Muslim Brotherhood

I know another member of the brotherhood who accidentally wore his ring to his inauguration... and also command air drops of weapons into ISIS controlled territory... and also recently had billions of dollars worth of weapons staged in Iraq that are now under ISIS control.... and has members of the brotherhood currently serving as "czars" in his cabinet.

ISIS of America exists, and it is not in the GOP.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The college loan problem will NEVER get solved

Hi, Will! I'm still only on page 1, but - late to the bum-out party - I starred and flagged and subscribed to your thread here. Been reading the posts and getting more and more deflated.

But then I read the above quote, and I said "aaaHA!! GOOD!" because, you know what? I'm just going to tell them to be gone. I'm never paying it back. I can't. Even if I could, I'm not sure I would.

We have to punish them where it hurts - their Precious Spreadsheets.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

The new "social" issue is marijuana. I just don't understand legalizing marijuana when smoking is not good for one's health.

That is what you think. What you think may not always be true.

I just find it ironic that while the Cripublicans were busy playing musical chairs and winning, marijuana became LEGAL in DC!! YAY!

You think it's bad for one's health to have a way to deal with the absolute, utter, dazzlingly blinding CRAP going on in this country? We are sunk.

Oh well. At least some people will be "meh" when it happens.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

They, the GOP, are the ISIS of America

And what will their first move be?

"Chop" the budget I suppose.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

End slavery?

Those weren’t the same republicans as today…believe me

That's exactly correct. The parties have "swapped positions" - what is now predominantly "blue" (democrat) in the US Northeast quadrant are actually what the "North" in the Civil War fought for. Now it's the other way - totally.

The colors have changed, but the ideology remains the same as it was before the color change. Thanks for pointing that out. MOST people don't know that.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hahahaha, chill out man, dark age passed with Bush jr administration, worst presidency in history of US.
edit on 6-11-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, the GOP is so very sexist/racist that they elected Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Joni Ernst, Shelley Moore Capito and Mia Love last night.

Um, you left out a couple:

Jody Hice – Georgia

Perhaps the MOST dangerous of the winners – actually believes that “separation of church and state” are “turning government into God” – and went so far as to blame the scandals and massacres - Penn State abuse scandal in 2011, as well as the Sandy Hook school shooting that killed 26 children, the Aurora, Colorado theater shooting on the opening night of the Batman Movie “Dark Knight”, and Virginia Tech shooting massacres on having removed prayer from schools, as well “the teaching of evolution” and abortion rights.

Part of the Religious Right, he wants to put the Ten Commandments in public places. He is a Christian Nationalist – wants this to be a Theocracy. Like Thom Tillis, wants to ban abortions, and opposes gay marriage (instead he wants them to seek therapy).

He believes there is “a Satanic plot to chip away at our Christian rights”.

Hice also believes that we are now living in the End Times, worrying that “we have little time” left on earth and citing the appearance of blood moons as proof of imminent cataclysmic, “world-changing events.”

Yeah. He's insane. And he just got elected.

Glenn Grothman – Wisconsin

Considers Rick Santorum a “soul mate.” Yikes.

Wants to do away with the weekend! And paid sick leave. Opposes abortion rights except in cases of rape/incest/health risk to mother. Wants it to be a Felony for a doctor to perform them.

Opposed to equal pay for women, and thinks women are at war with men.

Thinks single parenthood is contributing to child abuse and neglect. Thinks “God” will punish the United States for being negative about Ugandan life-in-prison for gays.

Seriously? You are HAPPY about this?
gha

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The gutting of the safety net

The gutting of the right to choose

The gutting of Obamacare

The further ruination of the environment, the economy, human rights, civil rights, minority rights

A stronger supporting of Israel

Laws that will favor Banksters and Koch type billionaires
The complete death of unionism

the death of the minimum wage

The impeachment of Obama

Massive attack on woman rights and gay rights

The civil rights movement and affirmative action will be set back years

IF a GOP president gets in with these maniacs most assuredly you will have ten 911’s

WWIII a certainty and possibly the destruction of the world as we know it

All kinds of crazy anti-human bills that will set back the US and the world centuries

This will be a continuation of the second Bush as the third Bush will be just as bad

It’s so bad that the only one who can rescue the world from the madmen of the GOP is Hillary Clinton? The new Heroine…

Isn't that amazing

It shows the moral and spiritual depravity of our world...

It will change because when it gets too bad people get really pissed off,

Ever heard of the guillotine.

I guarantee you within 5 years if the insanity that has engulfed our world has not changed MRI machines will be used to test every CEO and MP past and present for crimes against humanity.

And if that doesn't work I have another plan.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElohimJD

I am neither right or left, republican or democrat.

However surely you can see the extreme use of hyperbole in your OP, and the gross misunderstandings it reveals.

Each of your concerns are concerns voted on by the people.

In my state for example (Colorado) we are considered a "red" state; we have just elected a republican senator who sponsored a bill making abortions illegal.

The people voted the Senator in because he was the best guy to represent CO at the national level; those same people defeated the anti-abortion law (75% to 25%).

Just because a candidate wants something, doesn't mean they get it, the people still have the right to vote for their laws.

Both parties agree on women's rights and civil rights; only gay marriage can be considered a large discrepancy; but that has more to do with religion then politics.

I am sorry but I thought your post was a joke at first; how could anyone actually believe these things are going to happen...especially when we live in a country where the President can simply write an executive order to force the nation to remain under his design, regardless of house or senate partisan breakdowns.

God Bless,

The Iraq war caused the death of a million Iraqis, mostly innocent civilians, and 5000 American lives of our young people.

You may think these people just talk but reality proves otherwise...

The GOP and often dems are dangerous people who cause destruction to people.
IT’S A FACT whether you want to keep your head in the sand or not.

Food stamp cuts are real and other inhuman acts of these people

People die because of the lack of good health care that these barbarians stop and many other issues that demonstrates that to give them power is dangerous.

God Bless
edit on 6-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The gutting of the safety net

The gutting of the right to choose

The gutting of Obamacare

The further ruination of the environment, the economy, human rights, civil rights, minority rights

A stronger supporting of Israel

Laws that will favor Banksters and Koch type billionaires
The complete death of unionism

the death of the minimum wage

The impeachment of Obama

Massive attack on woman rights and gay rights

The civil rights movement and affirmative action will be set back years

IF a GOP president gets in with these maniacs most assuredly you will have ten 911’s

WWIII a certainty and possibly the destruction of the world as we know it

All kinds of crazy anti-human bills that will set back the US and the world centuries

This will be a continuation of the second Bush as the third Bush will be just as bad

It’s so bad that the only one who can rescue the world from the madmen of the GOP is Hillary Clinton? The new Heroine…

Isn't that amazing

It shows the moral and spiritual depravity of our world...

Awesome! Well said. A bit overly dramatic, but we'll see.
First up.. an oil pipeline then a big push to repeal healthcare...more bible quoting. More talks on the sanctity of marriage, by people that cheat on their wives with other men! LOL Lord, we are in for it!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hi, Will! I'm still only on page 1, but - late to the bum-out party - I starred and flagged and subscribed to your thread here. Been reading the posts and getting more and more deflated.

But then I read the above quote, and I said "aaaHA!! GOOD!" because, you know what? I'm just going to tell them to be gone. I'm never paying it back. I can't. Even if I could, I'm not sure I would.

We have to punish them where it hurts - their Precious Spreadsheets.

It took me years to pay off my loan

Years ago one could go through college working part time...not today

Good luck...I hope you succeed

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

There will be no relief for any of the vulnerable people in America

Those on food stamps will get cut further

They will cut social security or try to privatize it.

All the jobs gone overseas WILL NOW NEVER COME BACK

The immigration problem will get worst

They’ll stack the Supreme Court with more right-wing crazies like Scalia and Thomas

Gay rights, woman rights will be attacked

One of the first things they will go after is to make abortion illegal

They’ll cut taxes for the rich and super rich more

They'll let the NSA the CIA do everything they want

He defense budget will balloon...
The defense contractors are at that HAPPY TIMES ARE HERE AGAIN party

I imagine if the Republicans handle it as well as Obama has done, you won't need to worry a bit. No worry

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The American people are terribly selfish

I GOT MINE AND THE HELL WITH THE DOWN TRODDEN

God don’t like that folks

5 New GOP Governors Could Undercut Medicaid Expansion

The Republican wave at the polls Tuesday didn't just give the GOP more power to obstruct Obamacare in Congress and block Medicaid expansion in more than 20 states. It also could jeopardize health benefits already extended to Americans living near the poverty level. Republican governors will replace Democrats in four states -- Arkansas, Illinois, Maryland and Massachusetts -- that have expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. And the Republican succeeding Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) is dubious about that state's expansion.

This is what I mean folks. These people are dangerous with power.

They give not a damn about the poor, the downtrodden...they are gleeful of taking life-saving health care away from children, old people and any poor person

They call themselves Christians...what a joke

This is no abstract theory

What the GOP does is inhuman and unconscionable

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SHOULD TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!

On judgment day there will be no excuses

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I will let the GOP destroy the world and pillage the banks all they want, as long as they don't go after our guns they can do whatever they want with the world and our economy. Yup, that's how serious a mistake the democrats made. I voted for Obama first time, and would now be happy to let republicans destroy our country, because they understand the second amendment is untouchable. When it all goes up in flames, at least we will still have our means of defense.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
I will let the GOP destroy the world and pillage the banks all they want, as long as they don't go after our guns they can do whatever they want with the world and our economy. Yup, that's how serious a mistake the democrats made. I voted for Obama first time, and would now be happy to let republicans destroy our country, because they understand the second amendment is untouchable. When it all goes up in flames, at least we will still have our means of defense.

So Obama and the democrats went after your guns? How? I mean I'm still sure you have them

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
So Obama and the democrats went after your guns? How? I mean I'm still sure you have them

For those that missed the first three months of 2013.

The Democrats were not successful in their attempts to pass gun control legislation, but the fact is, they tried to ban the manufacture and sale of several dozen different types of firearms, as well as >10 round magazines and some super scary cosmetic features. That included AR-15s, which are worth mentioning considering that AR-pattern rifles are the most common rifles being sold in America these days.

This was not a confiscatory piece of legislation (which is probably unconstitutional), but for those who didn't already own such a firearm but wanted one (or those who wanted another for whatever reason), it certainly was a restriction of their rights.

Oh, and just to add, ask gun owners in Colorado, New York and Connecticut what they think of the idea that Democrats didn't act to restrict their 2nd amendment rights.
edit on 6-11-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

a bit immature...

Nothing will be given to the people for their hard work that is for sure...

The democrats gave nothing to the people nothing for their hard work as well.....

*shakes his head*

ww3 is coming whether republicans or democrats take the bribes as the majority... It does not matter..

edit on b542014-11-06T21:54:33-06:00America/Chicago113076 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join