It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Take The Majority Back In The Senate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure if giving one party full control of the government is a good idea. They seem to screw us over every chance they get. If we get a full republican government we are totally screwed. I voting democrat for president I don't care if it's mickey mouse running.
edit on 6-11-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

i don't understand why people like to use a junkie/ alcoholic who more than likely had brain damage due to all the coke and painkillers he took, for political commentary. the amount of coke and painkillers he admitted to using, added with alcohol does not promote good mental health.
what he did was entertainment, he was taught a gimmick to use by lenny bruce and it sold. he had no great insight just trying to make a buck off people's frustrations with the government.

and if you can't tell the difference between coke and pepsi i feel for ya. coke is the real thing. pepsi isn't.

edit on 6-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Alright so you Republicans won back the Senate. You still control the House.

Now listen:

1. Leave the ACA alone. Keep your mouths shut about 'repeal' , and replace.
2. Shut up about abortion, and muzzle the Akins.
3. Don't go near Amnesty. Just as we giveth. We can taketh away.
4. Leave the IRS alone.

I'd fight in a civil war over stopping abortion if it came down to it, and I hate war. I firmly believe that once a beating heart can be detected that you have to let life take it's course. However, I am completely and 100% behind allowing gay marriage. I'm so close to the middle when it comes to Democrat/Republican views. So what do I call myself? A Libertarian?

I'm 33 years old and most of my friends are the same way, we can't really pick a clear party and it's frustrating.
edit on CST09America/Chicago920142014110620142014-11-06T09:48:17-06:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: added a sentence

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I'm not sure if giving one party full control of the government is a good idea. They seem to screw us over every chance they get. If we get a full republican government we are totally screwed. I voting democrat for president I don't care if it's mickey mouse running.

Why is that? Need someone to carry the weight for you?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Most of the Republicans that were elected to the Senate are RINOS anyway. Nothing will change except the rhetoric;

With the Republicans paying lip service to the extreme Religious Right just to keep them pacified.

The hot button issues will not change. The corporate oligarchy is firmly entrenched; of course the conservative perception
is that they have won a great victory, but in reality it's only an illusion.

A hollow victory at best! Enjoy your moment in the sun but wear SP50.

edit on 6-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

there are many that are outside America doing all they can to dismantle this country, and see it burn down into an anarchic state.

A question for you Jimmy. Why would they even need people on the outside when the ones on the inside are doing such knock up job? Remember what Kruschev said about beating us from the inside?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

I'm 33 years old and most of my friends are the same way,

Look, when the Democrats are so desperate they will run an admitted anarchist and commie recruiter who wears mohawks( woman in fact) you know abortion is not the biggest problem here.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Well, a POTUS who declares he will take action when Congress doesn't like his radical agenda needs to be in check . Apparently his own party wont do it. If this is what we need to stop the radical stuff, then so be it! Thank goodness for checks and balances or we would have a despot dictator.

edit on 6-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Democraps were just as bad as the repulicons when it came to those things. And there was no hope and change.

ok but I disagree about the hope and change thing. There was lots of change, it's just not good change in many people's opinions. Only in the minds of anarchists and communists was there hope and change for what they think is better.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie I think it's cute that there are still people like you who actually think your vote counts and there are clear differences between the so-called parties.They count on that while making sure there are no other alternatives.But,let's see how you feel 2 years from now when we go back into Iraq and then Syria and then they push austerity cuts claiming it's to support "the war effort." While their corporate masters carve up the nation between themselves.What Carlin said is the truth it's all one big club and you ain't in it.None of us are.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

GOP/Bankers would.
In order to rebuild and start a draft. I worry at the possibility.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join