It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Take The Majority Back In The Senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

All of those issues deserve an airing on the Senate floor, not shelving by a majority who disagrees...

There's ways to move the nation forward through debate, not how Reid handled the past two years...

In regards to the $$$$ unleashed after Citizens United, I wholeheartedly agree...

The deep pockets should never have this much of an advantage over the public in championing a candidate for any elected seat...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I wouldn't put it all on Harry..John had alot to do with it,his side was an all or nothing stance for the better part of 6yrs, he famously boasted that he got 98% of what he wanted,and that was when Obama had both the congress and Senate.
edit on 5-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am somewhat believing that this is the Republicans oppurtunity to take POTUS in the upcoming...I don't know how to really feel.

I am scared...but then to be honest I am exhasuted...fatigued...every politician seems to be a piece of crap. Each one cares more about securing a vote and padding their pockets than they do about governing and LISTENING to people...period

Congrats to the right...I solidly mean that. Make some changes...but try and keep progress in the forefront please...I'm quite concerned we are in for a decade of corporate lobbyism trhat creates even more divide...

But then, lately, I'm actually finding myself getting sick of welfare abusers...I believe IN welfare...but it gets beaten up a lot...

One final thing though...

Repubs...seriously? I love how comments here blatantly ignore all the total BS past and current Repubs have offered up...I love how everything is the Dems faults and our precious Right and their values are always so upheld and pristine

every...single...party is dirty...don't sit and pretend that it's ok to call for Obama's impeachment and looks aghast when we suggested Bush be throw out

Don't sit and tell me that Obama has wrecked the economy when your poster boy started it for 8 years

And that goes for ALL sides...my own included...which is geting more moderate by the second...

But the left pulls this same bullcrap too

It's so outdone...so overdone how each side plays party lines then turns and accuses the other side of being the only guilt party

mirrors people...use em

With that said, I am hopeful that perhaps economic advance takes place...but I am worried social progress is now done for

maybe I'll be surprised? I don't care who wins...just be conservatively fiscal ((to a point)) and allow competition and economic progress...but be socially progressive ((also to a point))

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

How Progressive viewed why they lost,and I agree with the above this is what I mean by wishy washy not engaging the issues or looking at your owns success ..sigh!.. pathic. really you are gonna impress your core getout to vote on that??..he deserve to lose ,the Reps can do a much better job running as a bible waving conservative and nothing else..

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The USA republic is truly dead......

I give the USA a life expectancy as a superpower of 50 years]

Make no mistake the 2 party system will run the USA into the ground.

You have a stale corrupt system in place that will not make the changes needed to save the US.

I see two outcome:

1) Economic collapse
2) Mass civil unrest and uprisings when in 1-2 decades time it becomes clear things have just gotten worse.

And that sucks because it will drag the UK down with it along with Canada, Australia, Japan ect

Id come back in 50 years to mock you and say Im right but Il likely either be dead from the economic collapse or have no internet. Plus its not something I want to be right on.....
edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Going to be the same old gridlock but instead Democrats will be blocking all of the anti-abortion bills.

Hope Obama has that Veto stamp ready

That why the USA is doomed over the next 50 years.

Stupid partisan bickering over none issues like Abortion and gay marriage while HUGE issues like that 17 trillion debt and stagnated economy go ignored.....

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Indeed. I do believe it shows the level of displeasure the people are feeling right now. Whether this will alleviate that or not??? I've no clue.

Your kidding right?

Look at the displeasure in 2009 that made everyone vote for the democraps in the first place.

Democrats or Republicans nothing changes.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: xuenchen

No, no, no, according to Tom Brokaw the GOP must be prepared to give things to the Democrats if they win the Senate.

You know, like all those things the Democrats gave them. Remember all those things they got in the Obamacare bill?

And that just highlights what's wrong.

Tit for tat Partisan bickering

Nothing gets done and the USA slides down hill.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So I thought I'd have some fun and turn on FOX and MSNBC this morning to see how they are dealing with the results of the Republicans taking the House and Senate.

FOX - Reporting that the DOJ and SOROS backed groups were watching polls. "Common Cause' could cause problems for voter results and fake 'republican stole elections' reports. Everyone looks happy.

MSNBC - Admitting that polls leading up to the election had massive Democrat voter bias. The polls kept claiming the dems were ahead and yet the dems lost by large margins. Also they are claiming that the outcome is NOT a mandate from America against Obama's policies. (and yet when Obama was elected, MSNBC claimed it was a mandate from Americans against Bush policies.)

Always most entertaining - Mika's sour-puss when the dems dont' win.

Waiting on Debbie Wasserman-Shultz to show up and blather some kind of predictable nonsense.

As for what it means with the Republicans winning ... I don't know if it is going to mean much. I guess we'll see.

I voted third party down the line (or for no one in the slot if there was no third party). So no one I voted for won. Didn't expect they would but I still did that anyways to make a statement.

edit on 11/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Burn the ACA! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Am no American and am no expert in American politics so how are Republicans different from Democrats ?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
Am no American and am no expert in American politics so how are Republicans different from Democrats ?

Republicans ramp up debt by spending more on Defence and security agencys

Democrats ramp up debt by spending more on social security

Republicans like forcing religious crap views on people

Democrats like forcing politically correct crap on people

Republican has the mad war monger McCain

Democrats have the the clueless incompetent Pelosi

Republicans have house Bush

Democrats have house Clinton

Both like wars, rampant spying, militarised police, the war on drugs , sucking up to Israel and long romantic walks in the middle east.

Think that about sums it up right?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Going to be the same old gridlock but instead Democrats will be blocking all of the anti-abortion bills.

Hope Obama has that Veto stamp ready

No more gridlock.

Remember?

Harry Reid deployed the "nuclear option" in the Senate.

A simple majority can now pass a law. No more filibustering.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Let's see if this new congress will pass a budget and what bills sent to Obama get vetoed.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I very seldom I agree with you on anything, but you have hit the nail on the head with this one brother.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The democrats alienated 72 percent of their electorate by throwing white working class voters under the bus. If you listened to any progressive media the past 2 years, you heard the absolute demonization of white males as the root of all our problems, repeatedly and viciously, while at the same time advocating throwing wide open our borders and flooding an already tight job market with cheap labor that just happens to tend to vote democrat. I guess they forgot that the evil white American demographic votes and is still a majority. I have no pity for the democrats, they got exactly what they deserved. Hell will freeze over before I ever vote for them again. Now we need to secure our borders and put our own people,white and black, first. And republicans should be on notice that we the American people expect them to put us FIRST or the next election will see them swept from power.
edit on 5-11-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

So out of all of the challenges that are facing our nation right now, the main thing some people want this new congress to do is to start impeachment proceedings against Obama for Benghazi.

Yup the Benghazi that took place almost 3 years ago.

It's their duty, why should they ignore their duty?

It was also their duty to work together and run the government for the benefit of the people which they didn't do. They have done nothing but ignore their duty since taking office so why should they start doing it now? Both sides are bought by the same people so it will be business as usual.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
So..........I guess this makes a lame duck out of da prez .......how is he gonna be able to bring anything into law.....
Why not just resign.....it would save the trouble of kicking his ass out in another two years....
I may be a poor ignorant foreigner, but doesn't his 2'nd term run out, and he leaves under his own steam? 22'nd Amendment and all that?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Waiting on Debbie Wasserman-Shultz to show up and blather some kind of predictable nonsense.

Yep...another clueless person, like Pelosi, Ried, Boxer, et al...

When are they going to realize that clicking their heels together three times and chanting "There's no place like home." doesn't actually work?

The DNC do have some good people but they are marginalized because they try to work with the other side. The DNC is a insane asylum ran by the inmates. I think people have woken up to this fact.
edit on 5-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The USA republic is truly dead

Another way to look at this is: checks and balances are still alive. Look on the bright side. oh and too bad you lost. My condolences

edit on 5-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join