It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Space Admin Makes Hollywood Commercial That Blows You Away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This COULD be part of a movie the way it was filmed, completely stunning
The video is about the Rosetta Comet Mission

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

It is pretty awesome. Definitely a good way to get people interested in what's happening with the Rosetta Comet Mission. I know my interest is piqued, whereas previously I had only given it a passing thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Great find Homer!

Dreams are possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Absolutely brilliant.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Was that Littlefinger? God damn. Make it a movie. Get more awesome actors from big series and people will go in droves

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Now that's a Superbowl commercial!

Eat your heart out Budweiser...

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Very nice indeed.

My spelling ninja sense recoiled in horror at "phenomenas"though.Yuck.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I have a problem with the "water came from comets" theory. That is a lot of comets making direct hits on Earth to give so much water. Remember that one comet that hit Jupiter? Earth would have been smashed. Nice commercial though.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy
Comets pack a punch but not enough to smash a planet.
Earth would not have been a pleasant place during the bombardment period, but it did end.

edit on 11/5/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out OP. I'm a Aidan Gillen fan. Impressive actor to compliment an impressive short.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Apparently it wasn't that stunning the first time it was posted, some days ago, as that thread only got 3 answers and 3 flags.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Popularity of threads seem to be based less on content and more on timing and the phrasing of the headline. ATS functions just like the internet on general. Just compare the titles of the two threads.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I know, and that's why they had to make this video, but it's a shame.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm very skeptical until they land and drill into the comet. The theories of an ice ball have been falling apart for a while now. Why is ice blacker than coal? Why don't we see the ice from the active sites? Why do active sites form on opposite sides to the Suns rays? Why do comets go actives far from the influence of the sun? I hope this mission answers a lot of questions for us and I'm very proud of the men and women that have made this incredible feat a reality.

The movie though is a way too Hollywood and pushes an agenda that's still a theory as fact. Like Hollywood is already always.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Maybe I should of chose a better thread title

THREAD

Don't forget, November 12th, watch the rendezvous live HERE

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Apparently it wasn't that stunning the first time it was posted, some days ago, as that thread only got 3 answers and 3 flags.

It's all good, as long as more people get to see the fabulous work, stars and flags mean nothing

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Definately a move in the right direction ... vision and ambition, those are the key stones of what we need to advance. Let's hope this is just the beginning of such things from easa.

Our "water" comes from the inner of the planet, not from a far ... but if this succeeds, it will give a lot of information to work on in the future.
edit on 5/11/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
As astronomers have found large bodies of ice in space, and the outer moons are covered in the stuff, kilometres deep in some cases, I think the earth ran into an ice field at some point, large and small chunks, just like the asteroid belt, and with such a huge influx of absolute zero cooling, the earth cooled quickly, or the crust I should type, so that continents formed rapidly, and the oceans did too.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Since when did Lord Baelish know anything about space? Seriously can't trust a single word he says.
edit on 3934Wednesday342014-11-05T07:34:39-06:003439 11 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Awesome video...

thanks for posting.

NASA needs to take a lesson from our ESA brothers / sisters. Its going to be ads like this one that will capture peoples imagination when it comes to space exploration and reignite the "ambition" and determination to make a serious push into space for all humankind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join