It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty International Accuses Israel of War Crimes in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Israel says it is conducting its own investigations

Amnesty International has accused the Israeli military of war crimes in Gaza during a war earlier this year against Hamas.

In a new report, Amnesty described eight cases in which residential Palestinian homes were attacked without warning, which resulted in the deaths of 104 people including 62 children.

But of course...

The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs denied the war crime charge, adding that “investigations are currently underway by several bodies inside and outside the Israel Defense Forces, into over 90 incidents. Two criminal investigations are underway.”

On July 8, the Israeli military launched “Operation Protective Edge” in response to rocket fire from Hamas. The fighting lasted seven weeks and more than 2,200 people were killed, almost all Gaza civilians.

In my opinion, this is great news for the Palestinians. This will help in the future prosecution of of the guilty ones in Israel. The brutal Zionist regime in place in Israel will eventually have to face justice for all the war crimes and crimes against humanity they have committed.

Amnesty International Accuses Israel of War Crimes in Gaza

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sorry...

All I have to say is AND?

The state of Israel has been allowed free reign since the murder of Kennedy. No they won't have to face war crimes, nor will they ever be reigned in. Sad but true. The best thing that could happen is an astrological body slamming in to both Jerusalem and the Dimona facility at the same time.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

As much as I 'd like to think it'll make a significant difference, I'm not that naive to believe it will.

Maybe it'll pull them up for a little bit for a short while, maybe not. What's for sure is the status quo will remain.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That situation will never really be resolved. There's no way for either side to truly back down.

I feel for the Israelis as a whole. Almost all of them lost parents or grandparents in the Holocaust. Then they are promised land, but with a catch. Then they are attacked from all sides and almost completely wiped out.

I feel for the Palestinians as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Wait. How do they know they didn't commit any war crimes if they say that investigations are still underway?

Oh, Israel. Trying to wriggle its way out of allegations again. I think it is quite obvious that Israel has violated international law in regards to its war with Hamas in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdubya
That situation will never really be resolved. There's no way for either side to truly back down.

Unless, of course, Israel abides by international law and ceases to illegally occupy Palestinian land, including the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem. Occupation remains the root cause of violence.

I feel for the Israelis as a whole. Almost all of them lost parents or grandparents in the Holocaust. Then they are promised land, but with a catch. Then they are attacked from all sides and almost completely wiped out.

There is no doubt that the Jews had suffered great traumas during WWII. That said, such atrocities shouldn't be used for political and religious gain 69+ years later.

I feel for the Palestinians as well.

Yes. I too, feel for the innocent civilians on both sides of the conflict.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I think that what we have is two groups of people who are unable to act rationally because of both real and perceived wrongs. Israel definitely should not occupy or settle what is acknowledged to be Palestinian territory. However, I don't know if that would be enough to placate those who desire the complete dissolution of the Israeli state.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There is also a FUNDAMENTAL and flagrant violation of Israel that points out the lack of transparency and attempt (in effect actually) to cover up War Crimes against the Palestinians.

According to Amnesty International:

Israel has continued to deny access to Gaza for international human rights organizations including Amnesty International [..] Israel has also announced that it will not co-operate with the Commission of Inquiry established by the UN Human Rights Council.

Failing to allow independent human rights monitors into Gaza smacks of a deliberately orchestrated attempt to cover up violations or hide from international scrutiny. Israel must cooperate fully with the UN Commission of Inquiry and grant international human rights organizations such as Amnesty International immediate access to Gaza to prove its commitment to human right

Amnensty International

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hasn't there been many organizations that have claimed that Israel has performed war crimes and they just get away with it?

top topics

join