It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Government Corruption and ways to remove it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We all know that our Government does not work. When it works, it does so for corporations. Nothing is likely to change without a big event, like a full blown revolution.

Let us imagine the change has occured, and the people need to pick a new government but you get the to pen the details.
How do we ensure same mistakes won't occur again? How do we ensure that corruption can not take root in the government at all, ever?

I am adding my idea on the topic, please give me some feedback and share your own thoughts.

If i had to create a government system from scratch, i would make it an absolute priority to make it transparent. Any elected leader/s finances transparent for as long as all current members of the family are alive + 100 years to anyone who wants to take a look and without any hassle. Instead of a single leader, the country would be governed by a council of 30 or less members. Members of the council shall be chosen from a public lottery and anyone who has the basic qualifications (like over a certain age and of certain background) can participate. Members would be changed frequently and serve for 2 years at most only once. Half of the council members will come from farmers, factory workers or any other job of hard labor. Other members will be chosen likewise. Some scholars, artists, military, health workers. No one with any commercial affiliation will be chosen. If you work for a corporation and have any affiliation to management or position of any internal power you will never be chosen for a council, even if you were associated by incident. Once again, members of the council will have a transparent finances and assets. (more or less.. as you would not want people to know what magazines you buy from that one store)

Main ideas i would stand for: Law is not absolute, it may sway to suit an anomalous situation. Every sentient individual in the country is guaranteed free and complete healthcare to the fullest degree. Government is to provide help to anyone seeking it.

Sounds like "Luthorism", i know. Well this is a start, please contribute.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Most of the farmer I know are in a corporation. Siblings taking over the family farm do this for tax reasons.
And thirty will not be enough. Not every state will be represented.
You will have to trash the constitution also so good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The best way to remove government corruption is to remove as much of the government as you can and put the rest firmly back inside this neat legal cage that was created for it. You might have heard of it; it's called the Constitution. At some point, we the people allowed slick politicians to empower themselves at the expense of our personal liberties and freedoms and rights, and government slipped through the cracks we allowed them to chisel in the COTUS.

We need to fix those and wall it up tight again.

No grand upheaval of society needs to happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes i agree. From what i seen, it is like those private interest parties, found the cracks and started ripping them open. Jamming the chisel in, deeper and deeper.

join