It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Results

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Walker and Kasich seem to be doing well so far despite everyone saying they were in tight races.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Im not surpised for Texas. I think some of the last polls averaged around Abbot having 20% more than Davis.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

www.politico.com... politico is calling for abbot to defeat Davis as well

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Looks like republicans are keeping Georgia..... So far.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've exceeded my edit time limit.

Illinois votes for a higher minimum wage, while the senate is looking at 40(D)-45(R)-2(I).

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
46 seats R
42 seats Dem

Colorado went democratic

edit
Three things going on at house my apologies

went REPUBLICAN
clearly
edit on Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:08:30 -060008p2014-11-04T21:08:30-06:0020141130Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:08:30 -06002014Tuesday by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

not seeing it as dem as far as politico goes www.politico.com...

shows C.Gardner at 50.5 and M.Udall at 44.3

or were you talking about the house?
edit on 4-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Abbot defeats Davis

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott (R) easily defeated state Sen. Wendy Davis (D) on Tuesday, taking 59 percent of the vote in early returns.

Abbott ran as a successor to outgoing Gov. Rick Perry (R), whose economic policies created more than a million new jobs since the depth of the recession. Abbott, a former state Supreme Court justice who served as attorney general for 12 years, touted his ability to bridge the gap between businesses and conservative Republicans in a deeply red state.

Davis, an unlikely breakout star after conducting a one-woman filibuster against a bill that restricted abortion rights, could not overcome Republicans’ Texas advantage. No Democrat has won statewide office in Texas since 1990, when Ann Richards won the governor’s mansion.

Abbott’s biography is punctuated by moments of triumph: He recalls winning every track meet he entered during his senior year in high school. He served as president of the National Honor Society. His classmates voted him Most Likely to Succeed. He has never lost an election.

Still, the single moment that has most shaped the public image of Greg Abbott is not a victory but a profound loss: In 1984, while taking a jogging break from studying for the bar exam, Abbott was struck by a falling tree. The tree broke bones that pierced his spinal cord, fractured ribs that poked his organs. He had to wait five hours before doctors gave him painkillers. For 30 years, Abbott has had to use a wheelchair. It has, by necessity, changed his outlook on life.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Fixed it

Republicans took it clearly

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Looks like Colorado is still a bit close. Louisiana is projected to go into a run off, and possibly Georgia to.

Reps took Montana and currently need a net gain of 2 to take the Senate.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

possibly Georgia to. 

I hope not 6 weeks of crap flung out of my boob tube is enough.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I am sitting here thinking.

With the gains in the house, and the gains in the senate +5.

Looks like tomorrow begins the real 'year' of action with the guy whose got a pen, and a phone.

I can imagine now many EO's are going to be coming down the road the next two years.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) -- Republicans have picked up another Senate seat and now need only two more to seize Senate control, according to a CNN projection.

So far on Tuesday night, Republicans have picked up Democratic-held seats in Montana, South Dakota, Arkansas and West Virginia. CNN also projects Republicans will maintain their grip on the House of Representatives.

GOP 2 seats away

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Looks like Colorado is slightly turning towards the Reps. CNN is saying Udall may be in trouble now.

Also, here's a map from CNN that's constantly updated. www.cnn.com...

74% of the Colorado vote in and Gardner (R) is 51% and Udall (D) is 44%. The Governor race is still too close there.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yup, CNN just now projected Gardner (R) will unseat Udall (D) in Colorado.

First time the Reps took a senate seat there since 2002 (per CNN).

Reps need just 1 more gain to takeover the Senate.
edit on 4-11-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

It appears that the polls may have been pretty accurate this time around. The Republicans will capture the senate as expected.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
I agree with you neo. Without Obama's hand picked supporters he will have no choice but to EO. These next 2 years can't go byquick enough.

edit on 4-11-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Looks like tomorrow begins the real 'year' of action with the guy whose got a pen, and a phone.

I can imagine now many EO's are going to be coming down the road the next two years.

If the Republicans romp, the Executive Branch will go into a maniacal frenzy.

They will go bat crazy with Cabinet related regulations that don't have to be Congressionally approved.

The revenge will be unprecedented.

Get ready for insane jealousy to present itself.

They're already setting up excuses and blame databases.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

and yet i think senate and hosue are incharge of approving his appointments so they could still make some trouble to counter act some EO

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I'm fortunate enough to be "close" to some people deep within the state and national GOP, and they have been saying that if the Republicans pick-up the senate and retain the house....they better do something.

If not, a good percentage of the party will be looking for alternatives, such as the Libertarian ticket.

So if they want to maintain control and make 2016 a favorable cycle, they better go to work.

ETA: They also better put a stop to EO's. That would be something I could support.
edit on 11/4/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join