It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape suspect hand delivered to authorities - by his mom!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: L0125D

I have a 3 year old daughter too, and I would not let her be alone, unsupervised with a 19 year old guy BECAUSE they are all stupid and in these situations there is only enough blood flow to one head instead of both.

You're still not answering my questions.

Why do you feel that them having sex is "stupid?"

Why should consensual sex ever be considered a crime?

Why should I, or anyone else, be forced to prescribe to your sense of morality? Especially if I find your stance immoral? Not everyone believes that consensual sex is immoral.

Why couldn't the parents have handled the situation without law enforcement having to be involved?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BanTv

originally posted by: L0125D
a reply to: BanTv

Interesting, indeed.

I stated both possibilities.

Is he not old enough to know that sex with a minor is a no-no?

I find him more accountable because
He's 19. She's 14
She's barely a teen and he can be considered an adult.

Gonna have to say it again.....
Whichever way it happened-
She is going to either feel guilty for *also* taking part in consensual sex with this 19 year old and if convicted he may serve jail time and be considered a rapist,
OR
She is a victim to this monstrous deed.

Yes, he is legally an adult and she isn't. That doesn't mean he's mentally an adult. My position is based on science and facts. His brain is still not fully developed. They are equally 'stupid kids' in my opinion. If he was 25+ I would agree with you.

I do agree with you that they are both equally stupid. But the fact remains. He is an adult and she is not. There is a law that he is being held responsible to.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

I have a 3 year old daughter too, and I would not let her be alone, unsupervised with a 19 year old guy BECAUSE they are all stupid and in these situations there is only enough blood flow to one head instead of both.

You're still not answering my questions.

Why do you feel that them having sex is "stupid?"
I never said them having sex was stupid. I said that they're both stupid. There's a law that says its illegal however.

Why should consensual sex ever be considered a crime?
If she's a minor and he's an adult? Because then we'd have a lot more 14 year olds without their "baby daddy" running around, and a lot more people trying to blur the lines based on their own "immoral" stances on the matter.

Why should I, or anyone else, be forced to prescribe to your sense of morality? Especially if I find your stance immoral? Not everyone believes that consensual sex is immoral.
I never said consensual sex is immoral. And I never said that anyone else should believe what I believe. I believe that sex with a minor when you're an adult is immoral. Different opinions I guess, and I am so glad that there is this law.

Why couldn't the parents have handled the situation without law enforcement having to be involved?

Well, the boys mother handled the situation the way she did. Maybe she could've handled it with her adult son and the minor and her parents. However she did not.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No, I don't hate men at all actually. I have a loving father, 3 brothers and an awesome boyfriend/father to my child.

I believe he should be held accountable for his actions regardless if it was consensual or not. He'd know that having sex with a minor could eventually land him in hot water.

Like I said, he shouldve kept it in his pants.
14 year old girls these days are very impressionable with how they dress, act etc., and there is still a whole lot of growing up on their part.

As a victim of rape (from my bio-logical dad and my mom - which was NOT consensual by the way) yes, I have a lot of opinions on the matter. However, I do have an aunt that got pregnant at 16 from her much much older boyfriend. She could have screamed rape and put him in jail when the relationship grew sour, however she did not.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from and agree he should have been the one to say 'no way, not going there'. I guess it just irks me that 2 mentally immature people can have sex and one gets labeled a rapist. I just think rape (the kind everyone thinks of when they hear the word) is such a serious offense that consensual sex shouldn't be lumped into that category. In other words I think statutory rape should be called something else.

Also regarding her feelings...I think the point is that he has feelings too. He's going to be associated with people who molest young children (pre-pubescent), which is just not right.
edit on 5-11-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I had an entire list of questions for you. You're not very good at this.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I'll ask questions one at a time.

Why do you feel that a 14 year old having sex with a 19 year old is "stupid?"

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Please reread the post where I quoted your questions. I answered but it showed up with your quoted post and only showed my last reply.

Whether I think it is "stupid" or not (I didn't say it was stupid btw) there is still a law that says its Illegal. And I think that he should be held accountable for his actions of either saying "No" to her, or not doing something as monstrous as "Non-consensual Rape.

!4 years is barely a teen, and if he wants to be an "adult" and do "adult" things like vote, drink alcohol, buy cigarettes then he should also know the difference between having sex with a minor, or having sex with another adult.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BanTv

No, I don't hate men at all actually. I have a loving father, 3 brothers and an awesome boyfriend/father to my child.

I believe he should be held accountable for his actions regardless if it was consensual or not. He'd know that having sex with a minor could eventually land him in hot water.

Like I said, he shouldve kept it in his pants.
14 year old girls these days are very impressionable with how they dress, act etc., and there is still a whole lot of growing up on their part.

As a victim of rape (from my bio-logical dad and my mom - which was NOT consensual by the way) yes, I have a lot of opinions on the matter. However, I do have an aunt that got pregnant at 16 from her much much older boyfriend. She could have screamed rape and put him in jail when the relationship grew sour, however she did not.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from and agree he should have been the one to say 'no way, not going there'. I guess it just irks me that 2 mentally immature people can have sex and one gets labeled a rapist. I just think rape (the kind everyone thinks of when they hear the word) is such a serious offense that consensual sex shouldn't be lumped into that category. In other words I think statutory rape should be called something else.

Also regarding her feelings...I think the point is that he has feelings too. He's going to be associated with people who molest young children (pre-pubescent), which is just not right.

Here's a crossroad that we can both meet at, but I still think that 14 years old is still too young. Where I am from, kids can legally drop out of school at 16. If consent was at 16, and she was 16 and he was 19 then I could understand where you're coming from. I remember being a 14 year old girl and they're immature as F. Which is why I can only imagine how she is going to feel for the rest of her life whichever way it happened.
!4 and 19. Yep both immature, but he still would have known that having sex with a minor is illegal.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I definitely crack up every time I think of that kid sitting in jail and him having to eventually explain that his mother turned him in (you know those inmates already know and if they don't, they will).

It's good to hear that some parents out there still have some decency and common sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar
I do understand your point, I just have serious issues with the "blame the parent" statement, having such a bad time with my youngest son.

As far as what actually happened? My issue is this. He should have manned up. If it was consensual, then this whole thing could have been brought about by the girls parents. Unfortunately that happens too often, and completely ruins a young mans life.
Yes, he should have know better, with the age difference. But, with girls maturing faster than boys, you never know what happened. They could have been mad she was dating him, if that was the case.
I wish there was more information about this, and hopefully more will come.
I'm not claiming his is rapist. I'm not claiming it was consensual. There isn't enough to know.
If it was rape, he deserves to rot. If it was consensual, his life will be ruined, regardless of what he is charged with.

But as far as the mom? She did the right thing, and I wish more parents actually did.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I do understand your point, I just have serious issues with the "blame the parent" statement, having such a bad time with my youngest son.

As far as what actually happened? My issue is this. He should have manned up. If it was consensual, then this whole thing could have been brought about by the girls parents. Unfortunately that happens too often, and completely ruins a young mans life.
Yes, he should have know better, with the age difference. But, with girls maturing faster than boys, you never know what happened. They could have been mad she was dating him, if that was the case.
I wish there was more information about this, and hopefully more will come.
I'm not claiming his is rapist. I'm not claiming it was consensual. There isn't enough to know.
If it was rape, he deserves to rot. If it was consensual, his life will be ruined, regardless of what he is charged with.

But as far as the mom? She did the right thing, and I wish more parents actually did.

I can see why my statement would hit use to home but honestly it was a facetious jest used as aliteracy device to make people look at the fact that everyone up to that point in the thread was a
Cheerleader for the mom and that they were basing that off of a very one sided point of view as presented by the officer who processed the accused and then gave a statement to the press.

there are far too many unknown variables in this particular case for people to be jumping to any confusions regarding the accused, the victim or the alleged crime. Because that's what it is right now, an allegation and this kid still has the rights to presumption if innocence until guilt is proven as well as a trial by jury for his day in Court.

Whether the mother did the right thing or not is still questionable in my mind as well as whether or not she really turned him in or the kid turned himself in and mom was his transportation from out of state. We don't know that he was evading any warrants as living out of state he could very well have been unaware and charges weren't filed until 8 months after the alleged crime and extradition proceeding hat yet to be started. That right there leaves me with several lingering questions.

Again, as I stated in a previous post, I don't support, condone or justify a 19 year old boy sleeping with a 14 year old girl. But we also have to at least consider the possibility that she presented herself as something other than 14. I've seen it many times and have had it happen to a good friend of mine who now will spend the rest if his life as a registered sex offender for being dumb and drunk at a party with everyone else in their 20's and foolishly assumed the girl was if similar age not under the age of consent.

I just think people should examine all sides and possibilities prior to jumping to conclusions and forming opinions. If he is guilty and ducking his legal responsibilities, then yes the mom clearly did the right thing. There'll be no argument from me in that instance. I just prefer to understand both sides of the argument as well as all the facts before jumping on a bandwagon.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Being a father of an 8year old son it has been my goal to bring up my son to respect others and the differences between what is right and what is wrong! We are men and obviously have physical advantages over women, but it should be our responsibility to protect rather than take advantage. To my mind rape is the most disgusting crime that you can inflict on another person because that person will never really recover from that experience and when its factored into child rape it becomes like vampirism as in many cases the abused become abusers!!! I commend that lady for what is morally a clear decision but emotionally must have been a horrific experience for all concerned!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

I'll ask questions one at a time.

Why do you feel that a 14 year old having sex with a 19 year old is "stupid?"

I will tell you why, because she should not have the immaturity to enter into a relationship without future regret. At 19, he needs to be thinking more about how he is entering adulthood. Give her more time.

Geesh, it's like you people think sex is just the most important thing there is in life. At 14, she feels that sex with an adult makes her grown up? It makes her nothing more than an object to be used, no matter the spin you want to put on it. She isn't ready to enter grown up relationships.

Stupidity is believing that intimacy and responsibility should be thrown under the bus because there is no love or intimacy in this kind of selfish act, which the boy thought he would benefit by. She never would benefit by it. How disrespectful is it to the other person to reduce sex to such an animalistic level to say it is consensual.

Rape it is, because he took advantage of her youth. Don't spin it, call it what it is.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Whatever the boy's mom might say and do, at 14, she is still with her parents and their responsibility. If they called it rape, then it was rape and it was most likely her parents who had him arrested.

The boy's mom was right, her son "had sex" with a girl still living at home with her parents. I was a 14 year-old girl once as well, and the pressure they get from boys...like "I'm going to bang every girl I can find and if she doesn't like it, too bad, but she better not sleep with anyone else or she's a slut".

Do you see the double standard in this country? You are subtly implying the girl is a whore, but can't fathom the idea that the boy is the one in control of his own zipper. You implied it by telling us to "wait for all the facts, she might be presenting herself as something older".

See, this is the result of people just thinking jumping in the bed is the whole sum of what life is about, so much so that courtship with communication is lost. Had your friend instead talked with the girl and her family, he wouldn't be in the position he finds himself in, but his first and foremost idea was getting the girl. See now the problem?

Had a 19 year-old boy shown up on my doorstep, the answer would be "no" and no matter how consensual people want to make it out to be, she is underage, in my care and not even legally old enough to enter into a contract. And if she isn't old enough or mature enough to enter into any contract, then why think a little sex is OK enough when it changes her life. Once you cross that bridge, it's burned forever. There's no going back from that and if she isn't mature enough to handle it, then she will regret it.

Remember that, once you cross that bridge....

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well I guess I'm just backasswards.

At 14 I was very mature. I attended a college prep school was very active in the key club, ROTC and debate team ect. Hell...I got my gliders license at 14 and students pilots license a year later.

Switch to age 19. Dropped out of college, got arrested and fled for 2 years after a state warrant was issued on my behalf. I loved to drink, fight and raise literal hell. I was a complete MORON.

I righted my wrongs by turning myself in and facing the music. My hair was falling out I was so stressed. They honored my pre-trial diversion even though they revoked my probation. (Thanks Mom! My record is clean)

My mom never could understand how such a mature and well grounded youth could turn from a brilliant (her words lol) motivated individual to a person the likes of crazed Kentucky mountain folk.

Point being is people's individual maturity is such a subjective thing. It comes in waves.

I've had a friend charged with statutory rape after being ALLOWED to date the girl by the parents. Things went great for 8 months until he had it out with the parents over a rather small issue.

A week later he was locked up in the county jail after the parents determined they hadn't in fact given their blessing. Anotherwards that flat out lied. I knew the parents and they were well aware of his age and the fact that they were sexually active. Now he has to live the rest of his life as a registered sex offender.

You want to know the f#d up part? The parents INTRODUCED her to him at church. Imagine that.

Not too many years ago no one would have blinked an eye. What has changed?

Our perception...an immature one at that. And we are the "adults"? Shhhhhhhh.......

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

And what was so urgent that he had to have sex with her so quickly?

Why is it that sex is so urgent for people? Why didn't he just wait and court her like a gentleman? She might have been worth the wait, but noooooo, he had to have it now. Why?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I see - the issue is right in your post. 'Church.' No more need be said.

edit on 13-11-2014 by cado angelus because: i wanna be an editor

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cado angelus

I see - the issue is right in your post. 'Church.' No more need be said.

And the young unchurched wait until they marry?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Nope. i didn't suggest that. I'm alluding to the great hypocritical nature of many religious folk and how you if you upset them they will launch at you, attacking with all guns blazing.

Not justifying anything - a mere comment.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cado angelus
a reply to: WarminIndy

Nope. i didn't suggest that. I'm alluding to the great hypocritical nature of many religious folk and how you if you upset them they will launch at you, attacking with all guns blazing.

Not justifying anything - a mere comment.

OK then, I do see your point.

I don't know why people associate ALL Christians as that, though. If I had children in this life, I would definitely teach them that actions have consequences and to accept the consequences of their actions.

A minute of pleasure might just be a lifetime of pain.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join