It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape suspect hand delivered to authorities - by his mom!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thankfully it was never for anything this bad, but my son always tried to run when he did something wrong. Because he knew full well when the police showed up, I would cooperate with them, and turn his butt over to them.
Thank the Goddess he has gotten his head on straight, finally.

The problem today is that we have to "celebrate" this mom. She did the absolute right thing. But this should be SOP for all parents.

It sure used to be.
edit on 5-11-2014 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Just NO.

The whole great mother argument is BS. You don't know, you can't judge. People can be the best parents, and kids go wrong.

I lived it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: silo13

Fairplay to her!

This made me chuckle though:

Jackson denied the sexual assault charges and claimed he turned himself in to authorities, not his mom. However, Sheriff Smith said he’s likely just trying to do damage control because the “last thing you want is for anybody in there sitting in a cell next to you know that your mom brought you to jail.”

i wonder if she packed him some sandwiches and his favourite teddy?

Oh geeze.... That guy is going to get eaten alive.

I would have told her to at least mess up my face first.

He's gonna get eaten alive anyway. Most of the time, those who face charges of harming kids or women don't do well in jail/prison.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
If she was such a great mom she would have instilled some proper morals into her son and avoided the entire incident in the first place. And then there's the whole innocent until proven guilty thing and just because they're calling it rape doesn't mean it was forced or non consensual. Not that a 19 year old kid should be sleeping with a 14 year old girl but I have to wonder if it's an actual rape or statutory rape.

Also. You can do everything right by your child and your child could still not go the right way.
It just happens.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: peter vlar

Just NO.

The whole great mother argument is BS. You don't know, you can't judge. People can be the best parents, and kids go wrong.

I lived it.

Like he said in a later post, that wasn't even his main point.

When people think of rape, they think of violent sexual assault. Is that what happened here? Or is it only called "rape" because of her age? I don't think "rapist" is a fair term to call a person who has consensual sex with another person.

Many would say "but someone under 18 can't give consent, so it's rape". Really? Well the brain isn't fully developed until 25ish. This young man is 19, maybe he shouldn't be responsible for his actions too? Maybe the age of consent should be 25? Let's have laws based on science and not emotion. No one under 25 allowed to have sex! Lol

To be clear though: I don't condone their actions (yes both of them), but I also don't think he should be labeled a rapist if it wasn't forced sex.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

The whole great mother argument is BS. You don't know, you can't judge. People can be the best parents, and kids go wrong. I lived it.

Exactly - What about the horrible parents who's kids grow up fine and dandy.

Lived that too.

peace

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Please see my second post since my intention seemed to have flown over everyone's heads and nobody bothered to read the rest of he thread beyond my initial post. Perhaps it will make my point a little clearer.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Regardless if it was consensual or not. A 19 year old having sex with a 14 year old is still rape. I feel bad for the girl, if it was consensual, now she's going to have to deal with the guilt of him being in prison and labelled as a rapist, OR if it indeed was rape (without her consent) she is going to have to deal that for the rest of her life. Either way this is going to affect her for the rest of her life. Because this 19 year old couldn't keep it in his pants.

Kudos to Mom, if it was consensual I wouldn't think that she would have gone through all that and handing her son over to the police.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: L0125D

I feel bad for the girl, if it was consensual, now she's going to have to deal with the guilt of him being in prison and labelled as a rapist, OR if it indeed was rape (without her consent) she is going to have to deal that for the rest of her life. Either way this is going to affect her for the rest of her life. Because this 19 year old couldn't keep it in his pants.

Are you effing serious??

So the sex is consensual, but only the poor girl is scarred by the boy being arrested and labeled a rapist? And not only that, but it's still his fault?

I call bs. It takes two to tango. Instead of blaming the boy for the girl being "scarred" because he's arrested and called a rapsit--you should be blaming the morons that invent arbitrary laws like "statutory rape."

Whether the sex was consensual or not, it's the boys fault? I love the intelligence level of the people I have to share the Earth with...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Yep, completely serious.

Yes, the girl IS going to be scarred whichever way it happened and even if it was consensual. This "arbitrary law" is what is going to cause her her own guilt for taking part in this. But I do not believe that a 14 year old girl should be held to the same level of responsibility. There is a huge difference between being 14 and being 19. As if the 19 year old guy has never heard about statutory rape. He still should have kept it in his pants.

I blame his own lack of intelligence for getting into this situation.

It amazes me how some people can actually defend these kinds of acts....

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: L0125D
Regardless if it was consensual or not. A 19 year old having sex with a 14 year old is still rape. I feel bad for the girl, if it was consensual, now she's going to have to deal with the guilt of him being in prison and labelled as a rapist, OR if it indeed was rape (without her consent) she is going to have to deal that for the rest of her life. Either way this is going to affect her for the rest of her life. Because this 19 year old couldn't keep it in his pants.

Kudos to Mom, if it was consensual I wouldn't think that she would have gone through all that and handing her son over to the police.

Wow I find it interesting that you assume:

1) it probably was forced rape
2) it's his fault because he has a penis

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes, the girl IS going to be scarred whichever way it happened and even if it was consensual. This "arbitrary law" is what is going to cause her her own guilt for taking part in this.

Uh, yeah, that was my whole point.

But I do not believe that a 14 year old girl should be held to the same level of responsibility. There is a huge difference between being 14 and being 19.

And if it was consensual, why should either of them be held accountable for being human? Neither of them should be punished for something so stupid.

As if the 19 year old guy has never heard about statutory rape. He still should have kept it in his pants.

No. All soccer-mom-laws should be actively rebelled agsinst. Laws like statutory rape are created for no purpose other than to confirm and enforce onto others, some person's idealistic fantasy of wholesome morals.

Those people should not be able to make decisions for the whole group. The actions taken by the boy and girl should have been sorted out by their parents. Not courtrooms, cops, and prisons.

Every 19 year old boy that I know is a "rapist" because they are all stupid. That's the whole point of being 19.

And why shouldn't I defend it? If it was consensual, then explain why the act deserves to be a crime.

As a parent of a 3 year old girl, I would like to know why I should be angry if she has a 19 year old boyfriend when she turns 14. I'm having trouble understanding the hyper - conservative logic.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

Interesting, indeed.

I stated both possibilities.

Is he not old enough to know that sex with a minor is a no-no?

I find him more accountable because
He's 19. She's 14
She's barely a teen and he can be considered an adult.

Gonna have to say it again.....
Whichever way it happened-
She is going to either feel guilty for *also* taking part in consensual sex with this 19 year old and if convicted he may serve jail time and be considered a rapist,
OR
She is a victim to this monstrous deed.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You are using circular logic instead of addressing my questions.

"It is the law and she will feel guilty because he broke the law, which is the law, and she will feel guilty because he broke the law..."

Why is it a good thing for these laws to exist in the first place?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

Yes, the girl IS going to be scarred whichever way it happened and even if it was consensual. This "arbitrary law" is what is going to cause her her own guilt for taking part in this.

Uh, yeah, that was my whole point.

Uh yeah. Thats what I said in my first post.

But I do not believe that a 14 year old girl should be held to the same level of responsibility. There is a huge difference between being 14 and being 19.

And if it was consensual, why should either of them be held accountable for being human? Neither of them should be punished for something so stupid.

Because there is still that law. Take it up yourself if you advocate adults having sex with minors. The laws are there because people obviously couldn't differentiate between right and wrong in these cases. Where would you draw the line? An adult having sex with a 13 year old? 12 year old? Once she hits puberty? Hope you don't think it's okay go any younger than THAT.

As if the 19 year old guy has never heard about statutory rape. He still should have kept it in his pants.

No. All soccer-mom-laws should be actively rebelled agsinst. Laws like statutory rape are created for no purpose other than to confirm and enforce onto others, some person's idealistic fantasy of wholesome morals.

Those people should not be able to make decisions for the whole group. The actions taken by the boy and girl should have been sorted out by their parents. Not courtrooms, cops, and prisons.

Well enough time went by, which is why I gave the possibility that it wasn't consensual. If it was, and once the parents found out, I would hope that they would intervene. BUT his own mother crossed state lines to bring him in.

Every 19 year old boy that I know is a "rapist" because they are all stupid. That's the whole point of being 19.

Well this stupid 19 year old is obviously why this law is in place.
A lot of 19 year olds don't go around having sex with minors, think about it? Most likely, but they don't all act on it.

And why shouldn't I defend it? If it was consensual, then explain why the act deserves to be a crime.

As a parent of a 3 year old girl, I would like to know why I should be angry if she has a 19 year old boyfriend when she turns 14. I'm having trouble understanding the hyper - conservative logic.

I have a 3 year old daughter too, and I would not let her be alone, unsupervised with a 19 year old guy BECAUSE they are all stupid and in these situations there is only enough blood flow to one head instead of both.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Interesting, indeed.

I stated both possibilities.

Is he not old enough to know that sex with a minor is a no-no?

I find him more accountable because
He's 19. She's 14
She's barely a teen and he can be considered an adult.

Gonna have to say it again.....
Whichever way it happened-
She is going to either feel guilty for *also* taking part in consensual sex with this 19 year old and if convicted he may serve jail time and be considered a rapist,
OR
She is a victim to this monstrous deed.

Yes, he is legally an adult and she isn't. That doesn't mean he's mentally an adult. My position is based on science and facts. His brain is still not fully developed. They are equally 'stupid kids' in my opinion. If he was 25+ I would agree with you.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
And you're still blaming him as if it's 100% his fault. What if she was throwing herself at him? Yes he should have resisted temptation, but to make him out to be a monster is ridiculous. Sounds like you just hate men

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

My goodness....

She will feel guilty if it was consensual, because she DID consent but it's still a law that an adult cannot have sex with a minor. So if he does get convicted of rape, may face jail-time and be a convicted rapist.

It's a good thing these laws are in place, because a 14 year old doesn't always understand the consequences of these actions, but a 19 year old should've had it in his head before then to have sex with a minor.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

My goodness....

She will feel guilty if it was consensual, because she DID consent but it's still a law that an adult cannot have sex with a minor. So if he does get convicted of rape, may face jail-time and be a convicted rapist.

It's a good thing these laws are in place, because a 14 year old doesn't always understand the consequences of these actions, but a 19 year old should've had it in his head before then to have sex with a minor.

Right. He should have understood the consequences, yet did it anyways. Poor impulse control. Hmmm, proving my point that his brain isn't fully developed just like hers.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No, I don't hate men at all actually. I have a loving father, 3 brothers and an awesome boyfriend/father to my child.

I believe he should be held accountable for his actions regardless if it was consensual or not. He'd know that having sex with a minor could eventually land him in hot water.

Like I said, he shouldve kept it in his pants.
14 year old girls these days are very impressionable with how they dress, act etc., and there is still a whole lot of growing up on their part.

As a victim of rape (from my bio-logical dad and my mom - which was NOT consensual by the way) yes, I have a lot of opinions on the matter. However, I do have an aunt that got pregnant at 16 from her much much older boyfriend. She could have screamed rape and put him in jail when the relationship grew sour, however she did not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join