It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape suspect hand delivered to authorities - by his mom!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Police Informed Mom of Serious Charges Against Her Son, She ‘Vowed to Take Care of It’ — and She Wasn’t Kidding

on Oct. 24 for 19-year-old sexual assault suspect Elijah Jordan Jackson. On Thursday, Jackson’s mother went to a lot of trouble to hand-deliver him to a deputy at Larimer County Jail. Jackson is accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in Fort Collins in February. The mother reportedly drove from Colorado to Wyoming to pick up her son and turn him in herself.
Read More Here

The article goes on to say the Mother went - across State lines - picked up her son only to drive him back to where the warrant was valid - and turn him in herself.

Smith praised the mother for turning in her son, saying she helped save the county time and money allowing them to avoid the extradition process.

Yay! Good to hear there are still responsible parents out there.

What would you do in similar circumstances?

And don't ask me what I would have done - unless you want to open a whole can a worms.

peace

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That is how it should be, she took responsibility for her kid and brought him back to face charges.

I wonder if she dragged him into the station by his ear like my mother dragged me out of the New York Tavern in Juneau back in 74 when I was only eighteen in a state with a nineteen year old drinking law?

edit on 4-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I dunno Ricky - but the visual of you being dragged out of a bar - by your mom - yankin' on your your ear? Priceless!

Back to the article - on UPI they're reporting:

"I'm sure when you're in jail, the last thing you want is for anybody in there sitting in a cell next to you know that your mom brought you to jail," Smith said.

UPI

peace

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Fairplay to her!

This made me chuckle though:

Jackson denied the sexual assault charges and claimed he turned himself in to authorities, not his mom. However, Sheriff Smith said he’s likely just trying to do damage control because the “last thing you want is for anybody in there sitting in a cell next to you know that your mom brought you to jail.”

i wonder if she packed him some sandwiches and his favourite teddy?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It was a little embarrassing, She was five six, I was almost six two. The people in the bar that night probably will remember that till the day they die.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Fairplay to her!

This made me chuckle though:

Jackson denied the sexual assault charges and claimed he turned himself in to authorities, not his mom. However, Sheriff Smith said he’s likely just trying to do damage control because the “last thing you want is for anybody in there sitting in a cell next to you know that your mom brought you to jail.”

i wonder if she packed him some sandwiches and his favourite teddy?

Oh geeze.... That guy is going to get eaten alive.

I would have told her to at least mess up my face first.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Not going to ask you what you would of done as you are clearly seeking some to do just that....

But the mother did the right thing. The girl was underage and she really had to teach him a lesson.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

That is how it should be, she took responsibility for her kid and brought him back to face charges.

It should never have occurred in the first place. Secondly he should have turned himself in. Its not her responsibility to act on behalf of her 19 year old son who is accused of breaking the law.

I wonder if she dragged him into the station by his ear like my mother dragged me out of the New York Tavern in Juneau back in 74 when I was only eighteen in a state with a nineteen year old drinking law?

That would be something to watch lol

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If she was such a great mom she would have instilled some proper morals into her son and avoided the entire incident in the first place. And then there's the whole innocent until proven guilty thing and just because they're calling it rape doesn't mean it was forced or non consensual. Not that a 19 year old kid should be sleeping with a 14 year old girl but I have to wonder if it's an actual rape or statutory rape.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You're making totally unfounded assumptions about the mother and they're totally irrelevant anyway! What's with you? Why are you trying to put some of the blame on the mother for her adult son's actions? He's nineteen years old, so anything he does is entirely on his own head!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Is there no crime out there that actually matters?

"14 year old girl gets jollies off on top of 19 year old boyfriend. Boyfriend goes to prison for 'rape.'"

Sexual conservatives are psychotic.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

My assumptions aren't any more or less unfounded than any others I've read in this thread. I'm just playing devils advocate and trying to show a different perspective to the case for everybody who's acting like a cheerleader. And honestly, you kind of drive home part of the point I was getting at... If she's not responsible for his actions why then cross state lines to essentially kidnap him and turn him in to the authorities? Or did he, in another state, not know about being the subject of a felony investigation and is telling the truth about turning himself in and the mother was just giving him transportation?

There is quite a bit of vagueness based on the way the article is presented. If I've learned anything in my 4+ decades of drawing breath its that people's first impressions are often the result of the slant presented by the media and this kid has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion already without hearing the full truth. All we have to go on is what is presented by the officer who booked and charged the kid sitting in jail. I think its both irresponsible and reprehensible to sit here from the safety of our keyboards and draw conclusions without bearing the weight of all the facts and hearing both sides in this matter. There is a distinct possibility that a 19 year old kid will spend the rest of his life as a registered sex offender because some girls parents are not in favor of a 5 year age difference between their daughter and her boyfriend. Its equally possible that he's a violent rapist. Based on the information given in the article linked in the OP, there simply is no way to know for sure. The opening line of my post regarding the mothers inability to instill any morals in the boy was simply a literary device to try to grab people's attention and get them to take a second look at what they are basing their cheerleading on. Obviously I failed in that aspect because the impression i left you with was that I believed he was guilty and I blamed the mother for failing as a parent making her equally responsible when that wasn't my intended outcome.

ETA- this alleged crime, according to the article, took place in February yet law enforcement is only now worrying about it. The fact that they knew where he was and had yet to start extradition proceedings for 8 months would lead me to believe that this is indeed far more likely to be a matter of statutory rape as opposed to a violent sexual assault perpetrated on an unwilling participant. But once again, Its still not clear so without knowing all the facts is it not a bit premature to rush to judgement?
edit on 5-11-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Kudos to Mom for doing what had to be done. As others have pointed out, it's not exactly her responsibility since he's technically an adult, but he's still a kid in the minds of probably many on here. Just because you're legally an adult, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are mentally an adult.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When I first read your thread title, I thought the mom had cut off the guy's hand and delivered it to the police!

Too much imagination, here.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I would do the same as this mum if I thought there was even a small chance my son was guilty.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eccentriclady

I do think that parents know their kids very well and she probably had a good idea of what her son was capable of. Good on her for being so courageous.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I was expecting a story of a mother who cut off her sons hand and took it to the authorities , so glad I was wrong

Good on her she did the right thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It was a little embarrassing, She was five six, I was almost six two. The people in the bar that night probably will remember that till the day they die.

See what great memories you've left people with!
I always knew you made a big impression on those who know you in RL.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I was expecting a story of a mother who cut off her sons hand and took it to the authorities , so glad I was wrong

Good on her she did the right thing.

Perhaps if they were Muslim and the young man stole her virginity.
Although mom might have cut off something else in that case.
I can just see that lady asking "is this the offending member he violated her with?"
edit on 5-11-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Police Informed Mom of Serious Charges Against Her Son, She ‘Vowed to Take Care of It’ — and She Wasn’t Kidding

on Oct. 24 for 19-year-old sexual assault suspect Elijah Jordan Jackson. On Thursday, Jackson’s mother went to a lot of trouble to hand-deliver him to a deputy at Larimer County Jail. Jackson is accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in Fort Collins in February. The mother reportedly drove from Colorado to Wyoming to pick up her son and turn him in herself.
Read More Here

The article goes on to say the Mother went - across State lines - picked up her son only to drive him back to where the warrant was valid - and turn him in herself.

Smith praised the mother for turning in her son, saying she helped save the county time and money allowing them to avoid the extradition process.

Yay! Good to hear there are still responsible parents out there.

What would you do in similar circumstances?

And don't ask me what I would have done - unless you want to open a whole can a worms.

peace

And I would be beating his rear end the whole way. Then I would take him to the girl's parents and let them beat his rear end and then he would not be able to sit in the jail.

That's a good mom. There are actually thousands of cases of parents hiding their childrens' crimes and never saying a word to them about what they did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join