It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not a case of understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The ice age was over 10,000 years ago... Man did not live that far north at that time because they were still migrating from the deserts of Arfica... and the reason it's not on any map makers writings is that man couldn't write over 10,000 years ago! argh! you and your conspiracy's!

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You don't HAVE to believe this.

Nor do I HAVE to make you believe this.

You are you, and I am me.

Go on and research something else if you are not willing to research this. Don't waste our time trying to argue your points with me. I don't intend to do so, so why should you???

We both have more important things to do than argue don't we???

I told you something, and you were told to believe it or not. Not believe it or else.

You See???

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopdopey
The ice age was over 10,000 years ago

The most recent one, yes.

... Man did not live that far north at that time because they were still migrating from the deserts of Arfica

I'm afraid you're off by several tens of thousands of years. During the Pleistocene, homo sapiens (and homo neanderthalis) lived in Europe
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813529921/026-6689301-3255642]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813529921/026-6689301-3255642[/ url]

... and the reason it's not on any map makers writings is that man couldn't write over 10,000 years ago!

Mostly true. Also, the earliest maps didn't really have land shapes or distances on them. They were scrolls more like our modern travelogues.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to be specific Mr Byrd, That's y i said over 10,000 years, which techincally 500,000 years is... If i wanted to be specific i'm sure i could have went searching on amazon too

The argument was that we couldn't write 10,000 or OVER 10,000 years ago so we couldn't log descriptions of the glaciers, ice age etc.

top topics

join