It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing video of voters leaving the polls in Wisconsin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I saw this video and had to post it. Unfortunately, it's not on YouTube so you'll have to follow the link.

Basically, it's a video with interviews of people leaving the polls in Wisconsin, where there is a heated race for governor between incumbent Scott Walker (R) and challenger Mary Burke (D).

Even if you're not interested in the politics of this region, you still may find it amusing.

Walker or Burke? Voters say who they picked and why

It's a bit disconcerting. What do you notice about the demographics? Several people mention their own personal benefit (voting their pocketbooks), while others mention "change" or "time for a change", while others stick to the old "headed in the right direction" adage... ugh. Politics is a cesspool and the average voter seems ignorant and delusional.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I completely agree with your last statement. I have often wondered if people shouldn't have to be tested to be able to vote. They should at least have common knowledge of who is running, what they are running on, the causes and effects of that and what it might mean for the people and for the country.

Just a simple test. Just to see if they are even aware of what they are doing when they cast their vote. Not whether it's the right or wrong vote, but just that they are knowledgable in their vote.
edit on 11/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

........and who would make that determination? There was a time when blacks as well as women were unable to vote.
Not sure I want to go backwards and take away people's right to vote. Everybody has a reason they vote the way I do. It might not pass a "test", but they have a reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

We can't even require an ID to prove that a person is a citizen before they cast their vote without ot being likened to a poll tax by the left.
IQ testing.... Not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Little do people realize that "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reactions".

Votes cast in either ignorance, or along party lines is WHY we have things going steadily down-hill.

Consider Colorado, where i live, the whole campaign from one side has been about Women's reproductive organs.

I mean, seriously. How can this entire sham of a system continue to function?

Why: Because the ignorance of the people is tantamount to it's continuance.

edit on C146112013 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

You missed the part about not judging whether it was the right or wrong vote? Just on whether they were informed on the issues at hand. I'm not going to equate that with blacks or women and if that's what you want to do, you will have to find someone else to do it with.

Anybody who votes should be informed. Not just get out at the polling station and pick a name that looks promising.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I completely agree with your last statement. I have often wondered if people shouldn't have to be tested to be able to vote. They should at least have common knowledge of who is running, what they are running on, the causes and effects of that and what it might mean for the people and for the country.

Just a simple test. Just to see if they are even aware of what they are doing when they cast their vote. Not whether it's the right or wrong vote, but just that they are knowledgable in their vote.

But they DO know, their television tells them.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Looks like somebody is setting up an excuse for failure.

And, a blame base.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Therein "lies" half the problem.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Consider Colorado, where i live, the whole campaign from one side has been about Women's reproductive organs.

Same in my state to the point they don't even bother campaigning here anymore. As long as the republicans stand strong on that one issue, there is really no other. People don't realize that is a campaign strategy only. The republicans (the actual ones who run the party) don't give a rat's derriere what women do. They just want the votes.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Interesting. I don't see the difference. Taking voting rights is taking voting rights. Would the test be in writing? Would you be required to be able to read to pass the test?

Let me ask you something if you don't mind. Do you think people should be required to take "a test", before they buy a gun? Or have a baby?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

It interesting that you don't see the difference. Do you feel the same about people needing to be tested to drive a car?? Does that also equate to depriving women and blacks of their rights?

I think a test should be given for a lot of things actually. The longer I live, the more stupidity I witness and I hate that I feel the way I feel about things like this. But the dumbassery is so widespread I guess we can all just be PC and sink with the ship like all good countrymen should and would do. I mean, it's worth it not to put anybody out right? We wouldn't want to question anyone's ability to do anything other than drive a car. That would be absolutely unacceptable.

How dare we ever question anything anybody does? Even bringing up the point gets one tagged "racist" or "sexist" just as it took all of ten seconds to do here just by expressing the thought of thinking voters should be informed.

PC is going to sink this country and I am not going to sit silently and Pc'ly still while it happens anymore.

So yeah... I do think maybe some folks should be tested before they have 10 babies. Maybe people should know what they are actually voting for. Sorry. I didn't feel that way 20 years ago. I do now. It is what it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I counted. Tell me race isn't a issue here. Literally every person that voted for Walker was white and every one that voted for Burke was black.

Most of Burke's votes come from the urban areas as well and those who have no clue nor care about others in the rural regions of Wisconsin.

I'll be amazed if Burke wins. But if she does, then Wisconsin gets what it deserves. Kind of like the US with our current POSOTUS.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Well, it certainly seems as if the carve up in Wisconsin is complete. I have to wonder though, how exactly the videographer who made this film selected his interviewees, and whether or not the final cut is an accurate appraisal of the demographic split in the community which fell under his gaze.

I must say, that of the reasons I heard from voters on why they picked the candidate they did, the only argument I heard that was not either empty as hell, or selfish to some degree, was the reasoning of the lady who worked in the state education system, and voted for Burke based on her belief that of the two candidates, Burke was the more likely to ensure that kids get the learning materials they need.

This is a lady who puts in her time, would get paid either way, but voted based on the chance of getting better educational material for kids in state schools, and really, who can argue with that position?

An awful lot of the other reasoning displayed by some of the voters however, was pretty vacuous at best. You had the folks who were all about how they like things as they are, essentially the "we dislike change" crowd, and then you had the "I voted for change" crowd. Change, no change, and no damned clue, either of those two groups, why they would want any, or at least, no clue actually presented to the camera. I would really love to know, what the videographer left out of that video, how many people he actually interviewed, and how many opinions were not presented in the video.

Much of it was just sound byte parroting on both sides, with little real individual awareness of the issues at hand.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I agree about the 'PC' thing. It's possible we could PC ourselves into ruin. But I don't really see the PC aspect in voting, of course, unless it is that only American citizens should be allowed to vote. I suppose that's a PC issue, and I support it.

As far as being tested to vote for 'being informed', I'm not really sure how a fair test could be made for that. It would by it's own nature be too subjective, or issue directed, by the people making out the test.

I don't think I accused you of being either racist or sexist. I'm just not interested in seeing any one, of any IQ or knowledge base, lose voting rights over a test that may, or may not be fair.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

I live in Wisconsin also and voted Libertarian across the board. They say if you don't vote, you can't complain. Now I can bitch about whoever wins! Ain't America great.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well True, as a former Wisconsinite with family still there, I can tell you up front that when the Dems are in power since the 80's at least, jobs have dwindled and taxes raised. That doesn't bode well for a mainly agricultural state when most of the money is being pumped into the city, but most of the populace lives out in the rural areas.

Walker really did step on some toes though in that State and made no excuses about it. He was even brought to a special election two years ago pushed mainly by the Libs and soundly defeated them. I expect he'll win this one as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Well sure enough, you and yours could tell me chapter and verse, no doubt, about the things which really drive peoples voting habits in the area, but you are a) a member here, which by and large means that you are used to looking deeper into things than most folk, and b) you strike me as being a person of some significant intellect, and as a person whose beliefs and understanding of the world around him, are formed by you, rather than by forces applied to your mind by media and bias.

But what I want to know is, does this video REALLY represent the views and voting habits of the people of Wisconsin? Are these voters really casting their ballots based on sound bytes which they clearly heard on the television, or read in the paper, such is the frequency with which they are repeated, nearly verbatim in the video for persons on both sides of the voting bloc?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

In a nut shell, yes. The rural folk do think about who they vote for more the the urbanites as far as I'm concerned. But populace wise, it is pretty evenly spread.

When working a farm, the individual pays attention to day to day operations and how it pertains to their lives.

Most urban folk don't think along those lines, but rather taxes and how they can benefit from them.

Then you have farm subsidies as well. So there is that.

How does the song go? "Every body wants some."

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'd like to see how that test works out. I remember seeing a video of a bunch of Americans asked simple questions. Asked how many sides a triangle has, the answers were from 1 to 4 and when asked to name a country that began with the letter "U" there was a resounding answer of Utah, nine out of ten times. I would hope that it's gotten better in the US and this is not the norm, but it is worrying. All you need is a president who says, "Hey, what's this red button do?" and then presses it.

And I am not picking on the US, the voters in Canada are a bunch of idiots as well (in most cases) or their votes are being misdirected, adjusted or simply not counted. Elections are legalized fraud.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join