It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death, Afterlife, Spirits all explained in a wave of Consciousness by Dr. Stuart Hameroff Director

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Mindboggling Interview with Dr. Stuart Hameroff who is a Professor of Anesthesiology and Psychology, and Director of the Center for Consciousness Studies at the University of Arizona. Together with British quantum physicist Sir Roger Penrose, Hameroff is the co-author of the controversial Orch OR model of consciousness.

Never have I listened to something that sounds so right, and seems to connect all the dots in regards to Consciousness spirits and the afterlife.

An excellent watch for anyone interested in this area.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oooh, looks interesting, wish I had seen this earlier tonight, as I would have watched it instead of the girl who cried blood!

Very excited, will have to watch tomorrow and then I will comment.

Or though I will say, judging the title alone, it doesn't surprise me that members of the medical profession would start to make connections in this way, the idea in principle is no without merit.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, he certainly took all the mystery out of it, but I'm glad he agrees with my take on consciousness being separate from the brain.

If anyone doesn't have enough time to watch it, basically he's saying that the mind and consciousness is a quantum computer able to exist outside our normal parameters of time, space and solids.

Thanks for posting, OP.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Nice catch OP. I just loaded Map of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander on my iphone and I'm curious as to how this compares.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Interesting research, lots of viable and important scientific observations there that directly correlate biology, chemistry, physics, quantum mechanics, math, harmonics together with the Universe and consciousness, makes sense.

My EEG when tested, was about 90, another interesting point.

Also important is the research on levels of consciousness and the suggestion consciousness requires orchestrating,
via microtubules having intervals matching Fibonacci series.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: blaenau2000

Very good video.

It's very tight, and he is an experienced teacher for sure.

This is the stuff trapped up in here all the time....it's the question that drives me.

Very good timing and thank you very much for putting this light out there for me.

I very much appreciate it.

Cheers to you and yours!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

oh an hour? Better top up my glass.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting video.

Last night, my brother and I recorded a podcast episode for my show talking about AI and transhumanism, and some of the things that we were talking about touched directly on the information in this video, even though I have never seen anything from this guy before.

Nice to know I was on the right track of something lol

Thanks for posting it. VERY good info.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Excellent interview - thanks so much for sharing.

Here is that article he was referring to, the 20 year review of the Orch OR theory (it was published since the time of the interview):
www.quantumconsciousness.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Very cool and interesting .S&F I think I found something new to read and think about . a reply to: blaenau2000

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So much information has been coming forward that it boggles my mind!
I used to think we were getting close to solving the mysteries of our existence, but know I'm beginning to think we are just starting to scratch the surface. I believe we're on the right track, though!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It is encouraging to discover that some academics are now catching onto what spiritualists have been saying for years. The continuity of consciousness after the death of the physical body.

Whereas science needs to understand the mechanism of a process before it will even consider an acceptable definition of consciousness, the human mind or rather some human minds have the capacity to compute this through intuition and common sense (quantum computing). It has been clear to many of us, that consciousness, ‘the self’ operates at a quantum level and that the brain, as complex as it is, merely acts as an interface between the physical world and other dimensions of “equal” reality.

For the past eighteen months I have been studying the subject of Pythagorean Hylozoics which belongs to the genre of ’Esoterics’ passed down for 2,700 hundred years as a working theory. Pythagorus in turn interpreted,what even to him, was ancient knowledge and presented it in a way that the western mind could comprehend as far as the human mind CAN understand

If you study hylozoics, it will becomes clear that the ancient mystery teachings describe everything we understand today about Quantum Physics and also what science has yet to discover. It describes the smallest indivisible part of matter as the ‘monad’(string??) which is indestructable and eternal and that each of our individual consciousness’s exists as a single monad. The entire cosmos is comprised of monads, there is no space, only monads existing in multiple dimensions(dark matter). All monads eventually evolve and the process starts all over again.

By extension of this theory, it becomes evident that the entire cosmos is conscious to some degree, minerals, plants animals included. It does’t take a huge leap in understanding to see the similarity between this and super symmetry theory or entanglement for that matter (pun) as everything in our universe is unity.

According to hylozoics,The purpose of life is the evolution of individual consciousness. The monad, over the course of billions of years takes on new forms(composed of monads not yet fully conscious) to match it’s consciousness development, passing through all the natural kingdoms through the Human Kingdom and onto the Divine Kingdoms.

Once the monad has acquired everything it need to learn in each natural kingdom it passes onto the next. After our experiences in the Human Kingdom we return to a collective consciousness, with hard earned individual identity (get your head around that). It isn’t difficult to arrive at a conclusion as to where consciousness evolution leads.

Everything is conscious matter in motion (energy). The physical world is the densest of all the dimensions where monads are slowed down to the extent that it is referred to as physical matter. All matter exists in all of the worlds but at various degrees of density (vibrating faster in each higher world) and everything is connected through monads within different dimensions of space.

Monads exist at the planck scale and the physical atom is composed of millions of monads constantly moving through involution and evolution, the majority of which do not exist on the physical plain at any one time. The physical atom maintains an unbroken chain through the many dimension of existence back to the source.

I personally have been searching for the meaning of life for as long as I can remember. After discovering Hylozoics I feel as if I have found what I was looking for. It is a huge subject that requires much thought but the more you understand the more it makes sense and the more real it becomes.

If any one would like to study this huge body of work further, I suggest you Google 'Henry T Laurency' or 'hylozoics', all his material can be downloaded for free. A good starting point would be to read "The explanation" by Lars Adelskogh, who provides a brief outline of Laurency's work, but trust me, we are talking very deep rabbit holes.( Laurency is a genius but in my view has an ego that could color your judgment, please read his work with this in mind.

It would be wonderful if Dr. Stuart Hameroff himself stumbled upon this information as I am sure it would clear up some of his own philosophical/Metaphysical questions.
edit on 4-11-2014 by kennyb72 because: clarity

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

This is only new to those who have rejected the spiritual side of man. The definition of science and what the majority of scientists that follows its definition has always been flawed, in error. This scientist's opinions are in the minority side of scientists and their opinions BUT this one scientist has it right even though he will be shunned by the majority of his colleagues.

Definition of science - the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

The above definition leaves out the spiritual side of systematical study and behaviour through observation. AND again this shows proof that the Psychology is NOT the end result to determining one's mental health. It is a part of mental health but not the final result without the study and observation of one's spiritual health which would complete the entire Psychology of a human being.

This should be another example of proof to those who disbelieve in spirits, deities and gods who walk this planet.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

I got the same as you out of it, Information to light up the path of our journey, and also delivered at the right time

Namaste

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Thanks, watched it loved it. Connecting quantum physics, philosophy and biology, I totally believe the future of sciences will be showing more and more how important the exchange between the different fields is. So sad I'm just a photosynthesising plant with not much to add to the discussion...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Nice to see medical professionals who like to look further. He lost me at reincarnation though I don't believe that. I only hope such individuals get more chance to talk about their experiences in the field with patients reporting obe's.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Whoa, thank you.

So much to take in, gonna have to review it again-saving for a reminder.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Philosophy birthed the scientific process which then forgot it's inheritance and has since roamed as an orphan savant. The materialist will one day be surprised to top the mount of knowledge and find the philosopher and mystic waiting for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

Albert Einstein

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join