It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90-year-old Florida man faces 60 days in jail for feeding the homeless

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
source

Two ministers and a 90-year-old homeless advocate in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, face up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine for violating a city ordinance that effectively outlaws sharing food with homeless people in public.

You know what I just can't stand it anymore. What's "it" you ask? STUPIDITY! Can't stand it. We need to do something. If you see stupid happening in a town near you become a man or woman of action and put s damn stop to it it's getting out of control.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
After all that I`m sure I`d be violating T&C so I`ll delete that and leave...

If the men get convicted the judge that did so ought to be hung, Publicly.

To know BS like this and worse exists in this world its enough to make you want no part of it anymore. Then when you are all good and fed up, What can you do about it?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Well, the best I do is talk to people about it in real life. I talk to strangers about issues like this and try and get more people comfortably talking about it. It's no easy task and it can be socially isolating but I'm stuck as a man of principle having to do this.

I figure if enough of us do this maybe we can have an impact on the culture.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
source

Two ministers and a 90-year-old homeless advocate in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, face up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine for violating a city ordinance that effectively outlaws sharing food with homeless people in public.

You know what I just can't stand it anymore. What's "it" you ask? STUPIDITY! Can't stand it. We need to do something. If you see stupid happening in a town near you become a man or woman of action and put s damn stop to it it's getting out of control.

Yes it IS time people got involved.
How can they justify locking people up becaause they tried to help people!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

There is no justification we need to take back this country and end stupidity a sap.
edit on 11/4/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Stuff like this is beyond foul.

When will enough be enough for people?

Any cop that enforces thsi law needs to be drug out as well, seriously.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I forget...does Florida allow cameras in the courtroom? I'd like to see the judge and DA squirm during this hearing or hearings. What's next? No poor people in public because it makes the rich uncomfortable?

But hey, Wall Street is doing just fine. You're too lazy and/or stupid if you didn't cash in.

What have we as a society become?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Here's what's going to happen.

The judge is going to ask if you have an attorney, if you answer yes the case will be dropped, if you answer no then full Chargers will be pressed and the DA will prepare a plea bargain for you at your next hearing and your public defenseless will advice you accept it because the DA has what we call a slam dunk case.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I forget...does Florida allow cameras in the courtroom??

I think it depends on the Judge, they allowed it for Casey Anthony's case.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: the owlbear

Here's what's going to happen.

The judge is going to ask if you have an attorney, if you answer yes the case will be dropped, if you answer no then full Chargers will be pressed and the DA will prepare a plea bargain for you at your next hearing and your public defenseless will advice you accept it because the DA has what we call a slam dunk case.

I guarantee they will have legal representation from someone other than the public defender. Free publicity. Better than running ads on tv or fridge magnets stuck to phone books.
Another sad product of our society...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Hehe it just never stops does it? The fact that so much of the population thinks everything is fine is a credit to the power of the human mind. People still think we are a free and just democratic nation. What an utter load of bs.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So now it's against the law to take my money and buy food for people???? Wow this has to be one of the most ridiculous laws against the homeless, truly sad.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

so basically the status quo would prefer the homeless to starve and anyone who tries to help their fellow man gets punished....what a bunch of snakes.....society is getting sicker by the day...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

so basically the status quo would prefer the homeless to starve and anyone who tries to help their fellow man gets punished....what a bunch of snakes.....society is getting sicker by the day...

Here's the real issue.

The homeless people should have gotten a better education and taken some personal responsability for their lives and made the right choice.

So who cares if they die so what? Why should I have to pay for that out of MY paycheck? Not my problem...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So now it's against the law to take my money and buy food for people???? Wow this has to be one of the most ridiculous laws against the homeless, truly sad.

It's a joke isn't it?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

so it would seem...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's crap like this that makes me think I need to start a group like Westboro Baptist Church and travel around the country protesting. Maybe I could get people from across the country to come and join me.

Occupy Wallstreet? We need to occupy main street. Maybe we could get some action if a few hundred or a thousand people showed up on their doorstep and refused to leave until laws like this are changed.

This country is under seige and it's time we launch a counter attack. I don't know how many ATS members, or even people just lurking, are old enough to remember the 60's. Almost every day there was news of people protesting to gain civil rights. Our civil rights, as a country, are being denied and it's time that we, as a country, stand up and demand that those rights be returned.

Now, if you'll excuse, I'll take my soapbox over to the Rant forum to continue.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

There's a lot of stupid laws on the books, I'm sure this is not the only one. You would think someone in the local government would be given a job to review ridiculous laws like this and have them abolished from the books. I think someone here made a thread about a law against spitting on a sidewalk.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If it were up to me, whoever wrote such a law would be dragged into the town square, tarred, feathered, then hung for all to see. Sounds extreme maybe, but I don't think anything less will send the message, enough is enough. Sick of our elected officials being insane without consequences....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
If it were up to me, whoever wrote such a law would be dragged into the town square, tarred, feathered, then hung for all to see. Sounds extreme maybe, but I don't think anything less will send the message, enough is enough. Sick of our elected officials being insane without consequences....

Hang em right next to the bankers, right in Times Square and leave em.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join