It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would like an explanation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So I just got my Zippo today and while playing around with it I shined an LED flashlight into the center at the wick while it was burning. I then posted it later on on Fb with the title "Something mythical and futuristic about this lighter and I don't know what it is" Well the lighter was still burning like it was in picture one as i'm doing all this posting and typing.

In the middle of getting everything square don the internet a second flame bursts out of nowhere and gets crazy huge. then another small flame over by the flint wheel starts burning. I put it out and tried to get it going again and it was out of fuel.

The thing is when I filled it back up and tried to get it going again aswell as check for leaks that could cause such FLAMAGE with another lighter without lighting the zippo because obviously another flame from any source will expose a leak. There are none.

So explain...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's probability residual oil from the manufacturing process.

Here is someone doing it intentionally.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

I can take a secondary lighter and burn the whole lighter without getting flames except from the wick. And that includes areas that look like sources for the flames in the video infact i can make a whole video of doing that burning the lighter and watching it spark and grow until it has made 2 other ghost flames.

Infact i just played with LED light on the zippo burning again. And it'd spark and what not just like there was something trying to communicate.

IDK...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If you kept the lighter aflame the whole piggin' thing is heating up, a Zippo is just a petrol can with a wick flame, the sparks are just flint particles from earlier use if that's the ignition source..they just ly about the thing.
edit on 4-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Just tried to get it to do it again and it won't. I have a feeling the last time was connected to the LED light as may have been the first aswell as connecting it to a network. But it's sorta like it has a mind of it's own. Not the fire itself ofcourse it's what's in the portal that I'm concerned with.

Looks like the girl from the ring. What's her name Hel?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
If you kept the lighter aflame the whole piggin' thing is heating up, a Zippo is just a petrol can with a wick flame, the sparks are just flint particles from earlier use if that's the ignition source..they just ly about the thing.

Was going to say the same.
As kids we all had those things, we'd fill em with dribbles of petrol from the garage pumps
Let them get too hot (as op said he did) and the fuel starts gassing and very soon you've got...extra flames

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: metalholic

Just tried to get it to do it again and it won't. I have a feeling the last time was connected to the LED light as may have been the first aswell as connecting it to a network. But it's sorta like it has a mind of it's own. Not the fire itself ofcourse it's what's in the portal that I'm concerned with.

The video still looks like a couple of Klu Klux for FFS. If you wait for a while it'll work unless you drained the fluid..basically petrol. One thing to remember, don't mess about with them, light them up for the smoke, whatever then close the lid..and keep it closed, the fuel is only starved of oxygen for as long as the lid is closed, the fuel though is not shut off, the wick is constantly fed fuel, unlike a gas lighter...that's why they stink so much

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: metalholic

When the zippo is full and even after the fuel has went down a bit you'll notice that the actual lighter isn't sitting snug in the casing to prevent fumes from the bottom of the lighter to sneak up through each end of the lighter.

So it's just leaky fumes from the bottom. If you keep it closed awhile and lite it without completely moving the lid all the way open those fumes trapped in the head will ignite briefly.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: metalholic

The residual oil has been spent. It shouldn't happen anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You let it burn too long. The long burn caused fuel in the "tank" to vaporize and as a gas, leak out (upward) wherever it can rather than merely be drawn up the wick where it normally is vaporized and burns. May I suggest that you quit playing around with "matches'?
edit on 5-11-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Ehh everybody starts somewhere still doesn't debunk the fact that it wouldn't do it again under controlled situations and even when extremely hot a secondary lighter wouldn't lite nothin but the wick.

i'm not stressin first zippo. Sons of Annika. I'm pretty happy with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It shouldn't do that. Have you had your house blessed by a priest?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

A Petrol lighter and, wow is that amazing or something come on man a lighter.

top topics

join