It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World is Not Enough: A New Theory of Parallel Universes is Proposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is the new theory about parallel universes explained by Australian and American theorists in a paper published in the journal Physics Review X. Called the “Many Interacting Worlds” theory (MIW), the paper explains that rather than standing apart, an infinite number of universes share the same space and time as ours. They show that their theory can explain quantum mechanical effects while leaving open the choice of theory to explain the universe at large scales. This is a fascinating new variant of Multiverse Theory that, in a sense, creates not just a doppelganger of everyone but an infinite number of them all overlaying each other in the same space and time.

So an infinite number of universes occupying the same space time.
In the search for the theory of everything, infinity sneaks in to our own finite universe, finite because it allows for a Big Bang.

Source
edit on 4-11-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The world is not enough...
That sounds to me like some greedy s.o.b. created a multiverse for him to get more money.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The multiverse is real, much evidence for that. Basically death is an illusion, because on another level, you are still alive and well, of course their is a mortal coil that expires maybe linking all the bifurcated realities.

I have always thought dreams seemed more like a passive glimpse at these realities, subtly changing our own reality.

edit on 4-11-2014 by nrd101 because: mib anal probe

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I wonder if particles could become entangled between universes? Oh the possibilities!

Is time travel going forward or backward in our own universe or are we visiting another parallel universe that could simulate any point, allowing for both to function at the same time. If the two are entangled this could explain how altering another point in time (or parallel universe), could alter the outcome of another.

Crazy stuff...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

This is the new theory about parallel universes explained by Australian and American theorists in a paper published in the journal Physics Review X. Called the “Many Interacting Worlds” theory (MIW), the paper explains that rather than standing apart, an infinite number of universes share the same space and time as ours. They show that their theory can explain quantum mechanical effects while leaving open the choice of theory to explain the universe at large scales. This is a fascinating new variant of Multiverse Theory that, in a sense, creates not just a doppelganger of everyone but an infinite number of them all overlaying each other in the same space and time.

So an infinite number of universes occupying the same space time.
In the search for the theory of everything, infinity sneaks in to our own finite universe, finite because it allows for a Big Bang.

Source

There's more than one of everything. Fringe wasn't that "fringe" after all

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ZERO evidence!

Was just yesterday discussing in another thread how all this stuff is being pushed, and without any opposition to it!
And yet if you dare to suggest that IN OUR OWN UNIVERSE, the universe that we know is real, that aliens exist and might be visiting us, you'll be swamped with skeptics and deniers calling us all lunatics.

Anyone else find it odd that something with zero evidence is being pushed so hard, while the evidence of what takes place in our own universe is denied?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, I've written it before, I'll write it again (twice in the space of 7 days), for me the multiverse concept raises the question..

Is the consciousness we experience in this universe just a facet, a fraction of our consciousness as a whole, with other areas of our subconscious being our conscious projection in other universes simultaneously?

Well, it's always worth wondering.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

You bring up something that reminds me of something else. Have you ever heard of Quantum Immortality?

It's complicated, but basically since your own personal reality would cease should you die, the theory states that you only experience the universe in which you live. For instance. You get into a car accident. In one universe, a strip of metal impales your eye and into your brain and you die. In another universe, the strip of metal only gives you a nasty cut on the temple, and you live. You only experience the universe in which you live, because you physically cannot experience the universe in which you die.

It's an interesting theory.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nobody is asking the obvious question....

How can an infinity exist in a finite bubble?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Nobody is asking the obvious question....

How can an infinity exist in a finite bubble?

I think they call that the government budget.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
ZERO evidence!

Was just yesterday discussing in another thread how all this stuff is being pushed, and without any opposition to it!
You've got at least two different audiences:

Mass media for laypeople
Scientific papers for science professionals

The two perspectives can be very different. If you talk to the latter group there are some proponents of say "string theory" but probably many more skeptics, who don't necessarily present "opposition" as you put it, but need to see some evidence. Technically it shouldn't even be called a "theory" without evidence, only a "hypothesis".

This so called "theory" is similarly not really a "theory" but at best a "hypothesis", with the same apparent lack of evidence that plagues all multiverse theor....I mean hypotheses. Lack of evidence doesn't mean they aren't true but if there are say 20 mutually exclusive hypotheses, at best only one can be right and the other 19 are wrong, and based on history it's just as likely that all 20 are wrong when we get into highly speculative areas like this.

So while I don't "oppose" this so called "theory", I would point out that as far as I can tell it has as much supporting evidence as the flying spaghetti monster, which I sort of laugh at. Michio Kaku is laughing all the way to the bank counting the profits on all the books he's sold talking about multiverse.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Well, the good news is that it can't be falsified.
Oh, wait. That's doesn't really help, does it?

edit on 11/5/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: manusinghchopra

May your sales be large.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Everything seen is transitory. There is only one "thing" ( note awareness is stateless state in which all other states arise from this essence which is not material and cannot be described as anything other than what IS) that is infinite and immortal. That is Awareness. The key to Nirvana, Moksha, God consciousness is that the Electron can only lasts 100 billion trillion years. A number so mind boggling that it seems infinite but isn't. Consciousness itself is finite. Awareness was there before the "big bang" and it is awareness that imagines consciousness. Awareness projected itself into the entire manifest Universe. They are technically two sides of the same coin. Awareness can be by itself with no object. Consciousness is always of something and is finite.

My point is there cannot nor is there infinite universes.

edit on 5-11-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Well, the good news is that it can't be falsified.
Oh, wait. That's doesn't really help, does it?
The theory of "Moogles" that Feynman mentions at 5:20 has never been proven wrong which he says makes it a "good theory", but of course he's being sarcastic and the audience gets this and laughs. His point was like yours, theories that can't be falsified aren't very helpful:

Feynman on Scientific Method.

This probably applies equally to many multiverse theories.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

No I hadn't heard of it, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Really hoping there isn't a version of me with any impaled metal!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
The world is not enough...
That sounds to me like some greedy s.o.b. created a multiverse for him to get more money.

like worlds on a game lobby.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread...

Scientists propose existence and interaction of parallel worlds

thanks

top topics

join