It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting machines changing Republican vote to Democrat vote in Virginia...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

A piece of paper and a pencil to mark your choice, then run it through a machine to tally/count, just like the races or lotto.

A much better system than the one in your OP, although still fraught with exploitation.

Then again, even when the machine gets it right, what positive outcome for the voter exists again? I forget.

If you DON'T vote then it cannot be manipulated to suit a desired outcome, imo.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Why is it that the videographer doesn't bother trying to touch either of the other two selections? Could it be because touching the button next to the Democrat would select "write-in" thereby validating a calibration error?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

In 2006 they had the same problems with these machines, but in reverse. It was giving votes to the Reps.
edit on 11/4/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Just saying..has the video been examined for edits?

Other voters in VA precincts were complaining of the same problem, and several machines were taken out of service.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

In 2006 they had the same problems with these machines, but in reverse. It was giving votes to the Reps.

I'm trying to source that, finding more on democrats getting votes but I'll continue looking.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I'm trying to source that, finding more on democrats getting votes but I'll continue looking.

I'm trying to find a source as well, but only loony sites so far. If I find something.....I'll post a link.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
www.votersunite.org...

A really interesting link for all vote/election/voter fraud going way back.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

1. You're 100% incorrect about LCD-based touchscreens not requiring calibration.
2. The video — quite conveniently — doesn't show the user touching any other spot on the screen. This is highly suspicious in of itself. Was this the ghost of Brietbart voting?
3. Your source for voting machine viruses points out the obvious. Any virus infecting the machine would do the vote stealing invisibly to the voter. I really don't understand why you'd bother with this virus bit if you're trying to make a case for vote flipping being a malicious attempt at stealing votes.
edit on 2014-11-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Indigo5
Just saying..has the video been examined for edits?

Other voters in VA precincts were complaining of the same problem, and several machines were taken out of service.

There is something odd about the video.."I can't quite put my finger on it"..

In all seriousness...it's a weird motion plus angle. Why does he hover his finger then press quickly..Not calling outright BS..but something is alerting my BS meter.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Confirmed? Confirmed by two more stories of vote flipping!? I expected some sort of forensic analysis... just sayin'

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
CONFIRMED by Experts! Voting Machines in Maryland, Illinois Rigged to Support Democrats
Just sayin.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this issue and have found that some conservative blogs have been talking about this issue for a week or more.

Seems to me that there may be a problem with the machines, but most of this is probably another attempt to further the narrative that "democrats steal elections".

Most of this "evidence" is hearsay and we have no context to go along with what is being reported.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Most of this "evidence" is hearsay and we have no context to go along with what is being reported.

I hate to break it to people but neither RIGHT NOR LEFT is above this sort of thing.

Hell Skeptic's link was pure gold.

Followed another link from the Op to this:

So it's not only possible, but PROBABLE.

To be 'fair and balanced'.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Voted today in my quiet corner of PA.
I have voted in several states in many different districts, but today has me a little uncomfortable and a little reassured.
it was a paper ballot, fill in the oval with a pen, done that before, but this time they wrote down the number of the ballot next to my name AND gave me a receipt with the number as well. So much for anonymity and voting...but at the same time, I know who I voted for and if it is called into question I can answer.

Lived in districts where this happened with no national fanfare back during Bush Junior's years. Touch screens that you had to wait Forever to get to...and they weren't cleaned off between users and the greasy fingerprints were clearly visible. I know with my last few phones if a little smudge was in a certain place and you tapped by it, the result would be not what I desired due to the simple build up of human oils on the touchscreen...

I think gerrymandering should be brought up more than a few weird touchscreens.
edit on 4-11-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Also..According to this video/link the machines in Virginia Beach involved are over 25 years old! Apart from the obvious danger of technical issues...if windows updates my computer once every two weeks to patch security issues...then how easy is a 25+ year old voting machine to hack?

www.13newsnow.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I never said neither party is above cheating. What I am saying is that we have NO context to go along with the video in the OP, these screens DO have to be properly calibrated or the vote can go in to another box, most of these accounts are hearsay......and this fits conveniently in to the propaganda and current narrative of the Republican crying voter/election fraud.

What we don't have is proof. A youtube video is proof of nothing, but it is suspicious that this video came from a popular republican blogger.

What's most likely here is that we are falling in to another "outrage" campaign.

edit on 11/4/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Suspicious that it came from a Republican blogger?
I would be shocked to see Michelle Obama to post it on twitter. Who do you expect to post it?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The context is over 200 years of American politics.

Where it is a plain as day that both sides WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to win.

That means dead people voting to rigging voting machines etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Clinton Cutis

I remember that one and there was another that was due to testify but met an untimely demise by some "accident" before he could give testimony.

www.projectcensored.org...

gflorencescott.wordpress.com...

www.democracynow.org...

When I voted it was a paper ballot that you fill in the bubbles by who you pick and then it is run through a machine that registers your picks. I am sure that can be tampered with as well but at least there is a physical copy that can be checked. IMO that is better but I feel we could have a system where voters could check to see if their votes were registered. We have the technology to do that now.

Where voter fraud is concerned my belief is that mail in absentee votes is where the system is really being abused. I know for a fact there are some snowbirds in my state that vote here and in their home state I have met a few of them that have told me so.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The context is over 200 years of American politics.

Where it is a plain as day that both sides WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to win.

That means dead people voting to rigging voting machines etc.

Don't forget only landowning white men were the only ones who could vote for the longest time and they weren't even trusted hence the electoral college. They stacked the deck from the beginning.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join