It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting machines changing Republican vote to Democrat vote in Virginia...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Democrat votes turning to republican votes!

That's insane! That's outrageous! That's criminal!

Oh.

Republican votes turning to democrat votes?

Nothing to see here. Please move along now.

You haven't been paying any attention to Breitbart? ATS Political forums? Rush Limbaugh?

Lol good one

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I did a search for the machine used, AccuVote TSX, and did find something that says there is a screen calibration process for these machines.

2. Power on the TSX unit. The OS boot process will start scrolling down the screen. In the
text you will see “clearing memory”, “erasing flash”, etc. When this section of the install
process has completed, the unit will enter the touch screen calibration routine (a white
screen will display).
3. Perform the touchscreen calibration (use a stylus to accurately touch the five points as
they display on the screen) and then tap the screen to save the setting. The unit will print
out a paper tape report when this section of the installation process is completed and a
pop-up window will display “Insert Admin card”.

Source

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Calibration Excuse Is Bogus!

The machine in question here is a AccuVote TSX Touch Screen voting machine. Security Analysis of the Diebold AccuVote-TS Voting Machine

Malicious software running on a single voting machine can steal votes with little risk of detection. The malicious software can modify all of the records, audit logs, and counters kept by the voting machine, so that even careful forensic examination of these records will find nothing amiss. We have constructed demonstration software that carries out this vote-stealing attack.

Anyone who has physical access to a voting machine, or to a memory card that will later be inserted into a machine, can install said malicious software using a simple method that takes as little as one minute. In practice, poll workers and others often have unsupervised access to the machines.

AccuVote-TS machines are susceptible to voting-machine viruses—computer viruses that can spread malicious software automatically and invisibly from machine to machine during normal pre- and post-election activity. We have constructed a demonstration virus that spreads in this way, installing our demonstration vote-stealing program on every machine it infects. Our demonstration virus spreads via the memory cards that poll workers use to transfer ballots and election results, so it propagates even if the machines are not networked.

While some of these problems can be eliminated by improving Diebold's software, others cannot be remedied without replacing the machines' hardware. Changes to election procedures would also be required to ensure security.

Also, the specification breakdown is an LCD Touchscreen, which is pixel-to-pixel pre-aligned at the factory. There is no calibration.

And finally, from the video comments:

I've heard many reports that this is "just a calibration issue." I will say this... when I went to page 2 and began voting for city council members, I touched inside each box (like I did on the first screen) and this time had NO issues whatsoever. So, I don't know except, this is always happening during elections, and this is always benefiting the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
If this is indeed intentional then it's a very dumb way to do it. I mean there is no effing way that the person that is voting won't notice the obvious malfunction.

That's my thought. It's the stupidest way possible to try to commit election fraud.

My stove works the same way. I have to hit above the numbers for it to register. It's misaligned.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Old fashioned paper ballots should be the only way.
with honest old ladies at the count

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Since both sides engage in a whole boatload of manipulation, I'm sure it evens out for the most part.

Let's not get too worked up.

Manipulation is manipulation and amounts to treason in my books.

or, the guy could just raise his finger up a half an inch more and press, or, move to another voter booth after informing the staff,and if that doesn't work ask for a provisional....touch screens are notorious for this

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Here's the video…

The explanation that the touch sensor is misaligned is completely bogus.

Whether it is sensor misalignment or intentional is secondary to the fact that the outcome (clustereff) is the same.

That said, knowing a bit about technology, this does look like sensor misalignment.

PLUS...if someone wanted to rig the machines, there is no reason on earth they would have something as conspicuous as showing a different box checked as your choice..that makes no sense. They could just as easily, perhaps more easily, rig the device to show you one choice while registering a different choice.

You can see that, on the voting screen above, the voter made the selection they wanted. But when they went to vote for the 2nd Congressional District, the selection for Democrat is picked when the voter tries to hit the Republican candidate.

The fact that a proper choice was made is proof there is nothing wrong with the screen.

Didn't see this at all in the video? Watched it several times. Are you confusing the fact that they cancelled their choice and tried again a few times?
edit on 4-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Every single touch flat screen device I own needs(or has the facility) to be calibrated.This is the reason it's a guided process where it gets the user to touch the extremities,the middle and some point in between.One part of the screen can be spot on,while another part can be out depending on how (or how little) care was taken when calibrating it.

I'm not saying there isn't any vote rigging going on,but I don't believe that is proof either way.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thankfully, your stove doesn't decide who writes federal laws!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thankfully, your stove doesn't decide who writes federal laws!

If kitchen appliances wrote federal laws, we'd probably be in a better position than we are now.

link   

Your OP's source says it's the TSX model.

“Virginia Beach and Newport News are experiencing technical difficulties with their AccuVote TSX Touch Screen voting machines,” the Dept. of Elections said.

Your recent quote says "TS".

Is there a difference?

link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Since both sides engage in a whole boatload of manipulation, I'm sure it evens out for the most part.

or, the guy could just raise his finger up a half an inch more and press, or, move to another voter booth after informing the staff,and if that doesn't work ask for a provisional....touch screens are notorious for this

Or the people in charge should not introduce a method that can give false results!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Well, let's see ... If it's an equipment malfunction, then you should be able to find reports of the machines glitching and refusing to correctly record votes for any party not just constantly switching a Republican vote to the Democrat. If you can't find those reports for votes being swapped in other ways then there are a few possible conclusions:

1.) No one is voting Democrat

2.) Votes never swap away from Democrat

3.) Democrat voters are so apathetic about voting that they don't pay any attention to what happens when they vote

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Didn't see this at all in the video? Watched it several times. Are you confusing the fact that they cancelled their choice and tried again a few times?

In the video, you can see a red-check for Republican Ed W. Gillespie right at the top of the frame.

Also, in the comments, the voted says, "when I went to page 2 and began voting for city council members, I touched inside each box (like I did on the first screen) and this time had NO issues whatsoever."

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

And if they're that glitchy, they have no business being used?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Mine burns cookies.
No good can come of that....
I get your point.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I believe the product name evolved to "TSX" from "TS" after Diebold purchased AccuVote and did some software upgrades. I can't find the confirmation though.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How many have "erred" in favor of republicans when voting for democrats?

If it is a common problem, then chances would be that 50% of the errors would be for one and 50% would be for the other.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Get ready for excuse 29038474093873.... He is touching the screen with his pinky to trick you into thinking it's the machines fault!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I believe the product name evolved to "TSX" from "TS" after Diebold purchased AccuVote and did some software upgrades. I can't find the confirmation though.

Ok. Fair enough. I didn't know if there was a difference in models...etc.

Have you had a chance to look at my other source that provides a troubleshooting guide for a specific problem with the TSX machine and describes a screen calibration process?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join