It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Election Eve Dump:’ Eric Holder Releases Fast and Furious Documents That Got Him Cited for Cont

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, this should prove interesting...and speaking of document dumps...I hope it won't be too long now before we ALL get to read the document that dumps (pun intended) Holder's rear end into jail!

Justice Department officials provided House investigators with thousands of documents related to Operation Fast and Furious that President Obama had previously claimed were exempt from congressional review.

In an “election eve dump,” as House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Darrell Issa (R., Calif.) put it, DOJ handed over 64,280 pages of documents, a release that is still only a partial fulfillment of the committee’s request.

“This production is nonetheless a victory for the legislative branch, a victory for transparency, and a victory for efforts to check Executive Branch power,” Issa said of the release.

DOJ handed over the documents pursuant to a court order. “When Eric Holder wants to know why he was the first Attorney General held in criminal contempt of Congress, he can read the judge’s order that compelled the production of 64,280 pages that he and President Obama illegitimately and illegally withheld from Congress,” Issa said. “Since these pages still do not represent the entire universe of the documents the House of Representatives is seeking related to the Justice Department’s cover-up of the botched gun-walking scandal that contributed to the death of a Border Patrol agent, our court case will continue.”

www.nationalreview.com...
edit on 4-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: information added

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Well, this should prove interesting...I hope it won't be too long now before we ALL get to read the document that throws Holder's rear end into jail!

Well if Edwin Meese was able to keep his ass out of jail I don't see much of a problem for Holder here.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yes, interesting.

Do you have a link to something a bit more "official"? Not saying it isn't true, but all of the sources I have seen on this are crackpot conservative sites known for peddling BS. National review is one of those sites, from my understanding.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well, this administration is known for throwing their comrades under the bus...and with Holder leaving already, who knows.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

This only just broke...but I'm sure more sources will soon be reporting.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Valerie Jarrett Key Player in Fast and Furious Cover-Up

Valerie Jarrett Key Player in Fast and Furious Cover-Up After Holder Lied to Congress OCTOBER 24, 2014 President Obama’s trusted senior advisor, Valerie Jarrett, was a key player in the effort to cover up that Attorney General Eric Holder lied to Congress about the Fast and Furious scandal, according to public records obtained by Judicial Watch. The information is part of a Department of Justice (DOJ) “Vaughn index” detailing records about the gun-running operation known as Fast and Furious. JW had to sue the agency for the records after the Obama administration failed to provide them under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). A federal court ordered the DOJ to provide the records over the agency’s objections. Yesterday JW reported on the broad information in the records, including that Obama asserted executive privilege for Holder’s wife as part of the administration’s efforts to cover up the scandal.

www.nationalreview.com...
edit on 033030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Direct Source:

House Oversight committee:
oversight.house.gov... /

Justice Department’s cover letter accompanying the document production:
oversight.house.gov...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks.

Well, I suppose we will see what happens. Since it appears that the documentation will be highly redacted, we may not learn much at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I got one word for this.

Bought time this happened.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
True about the redaction's, but I have to imagine that there must be some very incriminating material in these docs, otherwise they wouldn't have dumped them on the eve of the election, so the story would receive little press.
Conversely, if they exonerated anyone (Holder, Jarrett, Obama...et al) they would've been dumped PRIOR to the election.
edit on 4-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Where's the nitty gritty? Ah forget it! come election time people like to throw shiite, as if.
Does nobody realise yet that there is no one in any party that stands for the people per se, and Americans get the short straw anyway with the two party system, why not just call the two parties Itchy and Scratchy, sounds good to me. Ron Paul does stand out, and mostly gets pissed on for his trouble, and most often by his own party..sad that!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I got one word for this.

Bought time this happened.

You bought time this happened...you in on all this? and what do you do to that poor pussy? fecking aliens!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It seems to be well planned. Holder submits resignation, but continues on as AG. Release documents at the most opportune time to keep reaction low from media and public.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I bet most of those 64k pages are redacted, so they will be useless.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's not surprising at all I think. They had to provide the documents and what better time to do it.

On election day this will get no real coverage, so it's pretty well hidden. If it benefited Holder and the DOJ, they would have released it on another day with their pundits making the rounds of the media.

In the end, they could release a million documents and just withhold the few that would cause them issues. I'm sure that's what is happening here.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Then it will be further buried in the coming days with the election aftermath, the lame duck shenanigans, the Obamacare insurance dumps, the executive amnesty, etc.

new topics

top topics

join