It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Cedes Control of Muslim Areas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ABeing
I cant speak for sweden, but in Norway and denmark racism is pretty rampant, both ways. It started with us.

Particularly in Norway we imported immigrants in an attempt to "appear multicultural" and accepted more immigration than we could handle, and made the mistake not having some strict oversight on forcing people to learn norwegian...

So people move into neighbourhoods like Grønland and bunch together, and when you are surrounded by your culture what need is there to adopt the locals? But yeah, the earlier immigrants could not speak English even and faced discrimination in jobs, and other such, and even this Swedish polis report says that employment in certain immigrant areas was 52%...

So they're turning to drug dealing and other illegal activities (which is ironic, because Muslims have the death penalty for dealing/using drugs!)

There's a lot of heartbreaking stories... a Turkish guy I met in København saw my shirt with all the world flags and he seemed so moved just seeing it and like he didnt even want to be there, but go back home... and an Arab guy I met on the bus asked where I had come to Denmark from and I said Canada, and he said he would like to move there as there is no racism like there is in Denmark. Even these nice guys get lumped in with the criminals

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

What about not just stopping official Swedish police presence.... What about actually ceding Muslim territory to a new non-Swedish Muslim country, right next to Sweden? Have all the Muslims in Sweden move there. That will prevent tax dollars from being spent on a people that do not want to assimilate with the dominant culture, and would in theory make it an EU problem instead.

Would it work? What of this idea?

My suggestion is to cede.... but cede to the extent that they have their own country. Where they are not taking Swedish benefits any longer, because Sweden gave up that land to them- so that they form their own little country in the EU.

No one wants to comment on this suggestion? Would it fly?

What? You are suggesting that European countries should just hand over entire portions of their land to Muslims because the latter said so?

They HAVE their own countries. They can go back to them if they don't like the way Europeans live. I find it disgusting that ANYONE (regardless of religion or ethnic background) could be granted a new life in someone elses country, and then turn around and demand that the very people who gave them a new lease on life bend over backwards and adopt the language, customs, and religious practices of the immigrant. GIVE ME A BREAK!

If I applied to move to Scandinavia (and I have thought about moving to Norway, since my father is from there and I have family there), the last thing I would do if I was accepted, would be to turn around and demand everyone there hand over their land to me and start adopting Canadian customs. I would learn Norwegian, and learn THEIR customs, not expect them to acquiesce to mine.

No. If they don't like it, they should GO HOME. But they won't, because it's right in their holy book that if they can't defeat their enemies with force, they should do so by breeding them out, which is exactly what they are doing presently. Liberals can stick their heads in the sand on this issue all they want. It WILL come back to bite us all in the ass down the road.
edit on 5-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I feel for Sweden but we are closely observing your stupid politicians and our stupid politicians are following your incredible example how to turn your country into a ghetto. last week Swedish parliament decided to open its border even wider and increasing the immigration to 90 000 people in coming year. And their immigration minister had stated that only 1% of immigrants can take care of themself finacially, a country of 9 million people with a flow of immigration in scale as it is, it won´t take long before Sweden is not Sweden anymore instead what is happening in some cities like Malmö is going to happen in whole country in wide. Only because the current goverment wants more votes
Swedish goverment is trying to show an example of Love and tolerance to other nations, cost that will be paid by the swedish people.
Its not pretty there, there are ghettos like Rosengård and the violence towards swedish is getting out of the hand. Just google Rosengård Malmö and see the thruth what is going on there.

bad goverment.. bad choices..

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The OP is from a "white" or more racially oriented site, which is where people go, who are worried about the influx of immigrants in their country.

The people who are going to complain the loudest right now, are the whites of Sweden, because that is who is from that country. Some are going to be racist, some are just worried as a whole.

The swedish government wont mention race, they have decided that even to mention race is racist, so they wont do it. Therefore, you wont find anything official out of Sweden that says anything about this race or that. Ever.

Now, as we all know, the more immigrants you have over short periods of time, it follows that there is little to no integration into the society to which they are immigrating. The immigrants, when there are many of them, will keep away from the rest of society and deal with others who speak the language of their birth and don't integrate well into the new society.

That is a fact of immigration.

What we see in Sweden, is that they are allowing large numbers of immigrants in, to the tune of having over 1.3 million people, in a country that only houses 9.6 million, actually foreign born - at least in 2011. And they are adding large numbers every year since. That is a large portion of the population that has immigrated since their birth.

That is great that they are taking in so many immigrants from the various wars ect. but it will create a problem in the country... because there is, with these numbers, a lack of any actual integration - or at least makes for integration being a much slower process, taking multiple generations instead of years.

What you are hearing is the loudest people complain - and they are going to sound racist. But its not race they are worried about, they are worried about the very real changes in their society due to the immigration that has been happening in such large number.

They may be exaggerating some, but maybe even not as much as you may think... its fear you are hearing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its simple you cant assimilate Muslim simply because their faith is not aligned with it. Look at Dearborn Mi and you can see they take root, snub there nose at the host country laws, and basically creep into all parts of a society. This is especially true when they have bigger numbers which is the case in Sweden.

The fact law enforcement is being attacked ANYWHERE in the host country by mobs spells sad times for Sweden and any other country that is not aggressively keeping Muslim ideology in check.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Here is where I disagree with you.

In the greater Kansas City Area, over on the Kansas side there was an area of Wyandotte county that was so bad, not even police would go in...and there are areas in East St. Louis that are at least that bad, if not worse.

Those are NOT immigrant areas, but they are high crime and yes, the police are afraid of going in.. these areas end up happening, sometimes and some places. It is connected to crime and an extreme criminal mentality - not an immigrant population perse.

I do agree with you that law enforcement shouldn't be attacked anywhere... but the sad fact is they are. And not only by immigrants, nor only by Muslims...

As far as can Muslims integrate into society, yes... they really can. Sure, they will hold a different religion, but not all Muslims are equal, and there is a great variance as to beliefs of Muslims in general. You cannot paint every Muslim with the same brush.

But yes, Muslims can integrate just fine into society. There are things which help integration go smoothly... and things which will make it more difficult to near impossible... but countries need to be doing those things to help integration into the host country go smoothly.. and one of those things is not to allow over immigration... too many too fast is not good for the host country.

But Muslims integrate fine, given the right circumstances for integration. My mother is an immigrant to America, she is also Muslim. I am Muslim also...but find myself, like my mother, married to a Christian man. I enjoy hunting, and fishing, and having dinner parties, and discussing politics. I am a republican, and a conservative. But I am also Muslim.

I am American foremost though... I just have a faith that is slightly different from the norm here.
edit on 5-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

What about not just stopping official Swedish police presence.... What about actually ceding Muslim territory to a new non-Swedish Muslim country, right next to Sweden? Have all the Muslims in Sweden move there. That will prevent tax dollars from being spent on a people that do not want to assimilate with the dominant culture, and would in theory make it an EU problem instead.

Would it work? What of this idea?

My suggestion is to cede.... but cede to the extent that they have their own country. Where they are not taking Swedish benefits any longer, because Sweden gave up that land to them- so that they form their own little country in the EU.

No one wants to comment on this suggestion? Would it fly?

What? You are suggesting that European countries should just hand over entire portions of their land to Muslims because the latter said so?

They HAVE their own countries. They can go back to them if they don't like the way Europeans live. I find it disgusting that ANYONE (regardless of religion or ethnic background) could be granted a new life in someone elses country, and then turn around and demand that the very people who gave them a new lease on life bend over backwards and adopt the language, customs, and religious practices of the immigrant. GIVE ME A BREAK!

If I applied to move to Scandinavia (and I have thought about moving to Norway, since my father is from there and I have family there), the last thing I would do if I was accepted, would be to turn around and demand everyone there hand over their land to me and start adopting Canadian customs. I would learn Norwegian, and learn THEIR customs, not expect them to acquiesce to mine.

No. If they don't like it, they should GO HOME. But they won't, because it's right in their holy book that if they can't defeat their enemies with force, they should do so by breeding them out, which is exactly what they are doing presently. Liberals can stick their heads in the sand on this issue all they want. It WILL come back to bite us all in the ass down the road.

Ideally in a perfect world, I agree. They should go back.

Do you really think this is going to happen?

I find it disgusting that ANYONE (regardless of religion or ethnic background) could be granted a new life in someone elses country, and then turn around and demand that the very people who gave them a new lease on life bend over backwards and adopt the language, customs, and religious practices of the immigrant. GIVE ME A BREAK!

This is precisely -why- I suggest that they live apart, in their own country - in the EU.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
But you're leaving out the important fact that most of them arent there by choice. They primarily are asylum seekers.

They apply from whatever wartorn place like Syria, Iraq, Somalia to every country possible and go through ridiculous paperwork and years waiting to get in _literally anywhere_ that will accept them. One woman said Norway was the last place on her list but the only one that would accept her.

You can blame liberals all you want but its not the immigrants' fault that their countries are dangerous.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

So then maybe they should be a little more thankful they aren't back living in the war torn hell hole they came from and show some respect to the people that have granted them asylum?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'm not even sure they know how. They are stuck between rocks and hard places, just trying to survive. And most have ptsd, and problems of their own from the wars they just exited.

The survival means that if they cannot find employment they will turn to criminal activity. This is many people... most want the economic stability and independence that jobs provide... but in lieu of that.. people will turn into criminals.

All sides must be looked at. Not only one side of it.

edit on 5-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
They very much started out grateful and optimistic. At least to be alive and safe.

You wouldnt know but maybe your dad might remember, we are not an accepting and open culture, we are very introverted and non-religious. Even to the Jews and hardcore Christians, we dont like too much. But more so racism is against brown people. Its hard enough to find a job in Norway with competition but even harder if you are dark skinned. Our racism against them turned them disillusioned over time, as it would make anyone...

You really need to understand cause and effect, the way we treat others comes back around eventually!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

My Dad doesn't even consider himself Norwegian anymore. He considers himself a proud Canadian. He didn't come to this country and demand people learn his language or his customs. He came here and learned English and Canadian customs, and assimilated into the culture here. The same thing I would do if I decided to move to Norway.

I'm shocked people are making excuses for this type of behavior. So what if they come from messed up countries? Lot's of people suffered equal or even worse fates, got out of their countries, emigrated, and made their new countries a better place, and become proud members of their new nations. How many holocaust survivors who were actually imprisoned in places like Auschwitz moved to North America after the war and became proud Americans? Lots of them. Just because you had it bad at one point in your life does not give you a blank check to move to someone elses country and start making demands on the people of that nation. That is asinine and inexcusable behavior.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'm sure its not only one thing.. one thing, or two, can be overcome. But when everything conspires together, it makes for an impossible situation.

When there are fewer jobs than people, the jobs will be given to ones countrymen first. This is human nature, we always take care of our own first.

When we see our lives or livelihood threatened, whether that be economically or otherwise, we band together against the threat.

When there aren't jobs to be had, people turn into criminals.

When you cannot speak the language, you band together with those who speak yours.

When you feel your group, whatever that group is, threatened, whether economically or otherwise, your group bands together...

It's a cycle that exists when you over immigrate a country.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
And some of my relatives moved from Norway to Canada. You leave out this ever important factor - WE DIDNT RECEIVE RACISM FOR IT!

Therein lies the factor. These immigrants to Skandinavia leave danger and enter discrimination. Your dad left the best country in the world and entered the best country in the world and didnt get discriminated against, because hes of the whitest people of the world.

And just for your point, many holocaust survivors moved to palestine and DID demand that the locals move, change, submit!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Some of the social housing districts in the large |French cities are no go areas, filled with Muslims, especially the youths, setting fire to cars, rioting, 'france 24' is not frightened of reporting on it, and 'atlas shrugs', Denmark is having the same trouble.

I get email updates from those blogs.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Exactly right, its an ancient development of evolutionary psychology... we developed in a way that sticking with what you recognise as "your own" keeps you alive!

Its like when you are on vacation, and meet someone of your own country, you immediately have that rapport...

The solution isnt to hate others or kick them out or ban them etc, which only causes more hatred... we need to limit immigration to lower numbers, make learning language a requirement to get in, and have people immersed in local culture. Not to mention not send them to asylum countries that they dont want to be in. I mean, I can tell Arabs arent used to our winter, or maybe any winter...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It's more than just being the same color. The culture and religion is nearly the same too. Also the ability to speak the language walking in...

All the above makes integrating into another country the easiest. Already having social status also helps, like being a doctor or some other vocation which makes it easy to assimilate into another country...

When you have literally nothing in common with the host country, there are many obstacles in the way to integration... but when there are only a few, the host country generally accepts them in and helps them along in their way...

But when there are too many... people will see them as a threat to their economic situation.. and they are an obvious "other".

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

EXACTLY!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: sirlancelot

Here is where I disagree with you.

In the greater Kansas City Area, over on the Kansas side there was an area of Wyandotte county that was so bad, not even police would go in...and there are areas in East St. Louis that are at least that bad, if not worse.

Those are NOT immigrant areas, but they are high crime and yes, the police are afraid of going in.. these areas end up happening, sometimes and some places. It is connected to crime and an extreme criminal mentality - not an immigrant population perse.

I do agree with you that law enforcement shouldn't be attacked anywhere... but the sad fact is they are. And not only by immigrants, nor only by Muslims...

As far as can Muslims integrate into society, yes... they really can. Sure, they will hold a different religion, but not all Muslims are equal, and there is a great variance as to beliefs of Muslims in general. You cannot paint every Muslim with the same brush.

But yes, Muslims can integrate just fine into society. There are things which help integration go smoothly... and things which will make it more difficult to near impossible... but countries need to be doing those things to help integration into the host country go smoothly.. and one of those things is not to allow over immigration... too many too fast is not good for the host country.

But Muslims integrate fine, given the right circumstances for integration. My mother is an immigrant to America, she is also Muslim. I am Muslim also...but find myself, like my mother, married to a Christian man. I enjoy hunting, and fishing, and having dinner parties, and discussing politics. I am a republican, and a conservative. But I am also Muslim.

I am American foremost though... I just have a faith that is slightly different from the norm here.

I'm all for Anerica being the meting pit that it is. My problem with Islam in America is the attempts to exert certain muslim laws like sharia Into our culture with no regard for the law of our land.

I do not believe a muslim man should be able to beat, kill, etc his wife in America!

Obviously you are a moderate muslim as you are married to a Christian and I'm sure you will agree many Muslims frown upon your right to marry whomever you choose.

I'm all for freedom of religion but when I see certain Muslims in Sweden, Germany, France, Britain, trying to exert sharia beliefs on non Muslims that's where a line must be drawn!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I live in a certain Swedish city (well, by US standards its a small town) that brings in more asylum seekers than *the entire United States*.

Its nowhere near as bad as the media sensationalists make it out to be but then again... its not going so well either. When they put so many together in one spot that Swedes literally want to move away from those areas, it become a ghetto per definition. Even when most are good people, the "veteran" criminals and youth gangs ruin it for everyone. The overall atmosphere in current society is that if you say something that differ from the opinion of the accepted goverment parties about this so called "diversity", you are automaticly a rascist and a bad person. Which only make it worse. As a forum lurker here and a true to form lurker in real life I care very little but its obvious that its just a downward spiral that's not going to go away because people ignore it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
double post
edit on 5-11-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join