It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Cedes Control of Muslim Areas?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: SoEpic

Why is it always the same religion that causes problems and can't get on with others?

Why don't the Muslims who live in that area stop it?

because they don't care about anyone or anything but themselves, and Islam.

But just remember it's the peaceful religion and everyone else are bigotted.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A thread based on blogs and websites with zero sources? Multiple google searches with various wordings come up with absolutely no credible sources, save a Swedish police report that apparently none of us can interpret.

Not saying this is all bunk (well I kinda am), but should we not verify before we all lose our minds?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Maybe there is a call to Islam in Dearborn right now? Idk. I don't think census numbers are always accurate though. Probably getting better, but they have been proven to be manipulated iirc.

The only reason I don't dismiss it off handed is that Dearborn is one of the four cities in the United States with the largest number of people on no fly lists. That math indicates something. Let me see if I can find the thread
edit on 4-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

Obama's Secret Tracking System By the Numbers

• The second-highest concentration of people designated as “known or suspected terrorists” by the government is in Dearborn, Mich.—a city of 96,000 that has the largest percentage of Arab-American residents in the country.

edit on 4-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
This discussion is really still going even though it's a bulls# story, from a bulls# website, with a bulls# source to a police website & no story???

Bye!

National Review Online isn't a bull# source.

Vancouver Sun

Paradoxically, a Muslim author and human rights activist, Mudar Zahran, may have at least a partial answer.

Mudar Zahran, who lives in exile in Britain, recently carried out extensive interviews among the Muslim community in Sweden. He says the growing militancy of Muslim radicals in Sweden, particularly in Malmo, has radicalized a minority of the Muslim population to the point where moderate Muslims are intimidated into silence, thus advancing extremist goals, including fundamentalist policies within the general Muslim population.

According to Swedish police, “police cars that approach Arab and Muslim areas are regularly attacked with rocks.” Residents of an Arab-Muslim area in Uppsala described their neighbourhood as “Shariah areas where Sweden’s government is not welcome.”

The Guardian

These issues are not new, not surprising, and a issue of contention amongst Swedes.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: AgentShillington

Maybe there is a call to Islam in Dearborn right now? Idk. I don't think census numbers are always accurate though. Probably getting better, but they have been proven to be manipulated iirc.

The only reason I don't dismiss it off handed is that Dearborn is one of the four cities in the United States with the largest number of people on no fly lists. That math indicates something. Let me see if I can find the thread

Well also, consider that the "Dearborn Area" is beyond the actual defined barriers of the city.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Multiple different websites as posted. You can keep the blinders on all day and scream hoax because something doesn't fit your Islam paradigm. This is part of the problem of why Islam is getting such a bad rep. Nobody wants to stand up and take responsibility.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

According to published numbers.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are 1,218 for every 100,000 people in Michigan.

Michigan has a population of about 9.9 million. Let's say 10 million for ease of math (it will even pad the numbers a bit).

So... 10m / 100k = 100.

100 x 1218 = 121,800 Muslims in michigan.

Now, for there to be 100,000 Muslims in Dearborn, that means that there are only 21,800 scattered throughout the rest of the state. The numbers dont add up, and that's not even taking into account that the news article from the National Report is satire.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 4-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

According to published numbers.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are 1,218 for every 100,000 people in Michigan.

Michigan has a population of about 9.9 million. Let's say 10 million for ease of math (it will even pad the numbers a bit).

So... 10m / 100k = 100.

100 x 1218 = 121,800 Muslims in michigan.

Now, for there to be 100,000 Muslims in Dearborn, that means that there are only 21,800 scattered throughout the rest of the state. The numbers dont add up, and that's not even taking into account that the news article from the National Report is satire.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Meh, I wasn't vouching for the article, just suggesting the possibility that they meant the greater Dearborn area.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep, welcome to Europe. Instead of putting our foot down, stopping immigration, or at least bringing it down to a manageable level, we just flood our countries with whoever wants to come without any form of integration. "Because integration is racist, how dare we ask them to become part of our society!".

Norway too is beginning to experience things like this, especially in Oslo. There are certain places the cops just do not want to go.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and I have a feeling that's what was intended outcome all along.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Not vouching for the article, just defending it?

I don't get what you are after here.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Not vouching for the article, just defending it?

I don't get what you are after here.

NO, I just suggested that they might have meant the greater Dearborn area, no more, no less.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

In Sweden there are currently 55 geographic areas where local criminal networks is considered to have a negative impact on the local community . The areas are spread across 22 cities - from large cities to smaller towns and is considered to be socio- economically disadvantaged . The large criminal impact on the local community appears to be linked to the social context in the areas of , rather than a willingness by the criminals to take power and control of the local community .

The players can be roughly divided into a younger and an older layer which partly linked by kinship. The younger ones are usually loosely connected criminal networks centered around a few key people . Their crime is less complex and often consist of drug sales to level abuse , thefts and burglaries in the neighborhood. The elderly are more structured and are involved in more organized crime such as advanced thefts and organization of drug supply to the areas.
Frequently crime among local criminals in areas including open- group drug trafficking , criminal settlements which manifests itself in serious violence in a public place , various forms of extortion and unlawful influence and acting out grievances against society. All of the above expressions manifesting publicly critical Minell power and becomes a reminder of what the criminal actors are capable of. That along with the active pressure on the local community in the form of threats, blackmail and våldshandling- s is assumed to be the basis for the fear police believe exist in the local community . Fear manifests itself in that it is difficult to get people to participate in the process , litigation against local criminals.

Development in the areas has resulted in difficulties in investigating crimes . Police have in other respects difficult to work in these areas, including on the grounds that the environment reacts against the police intervention at or by attacking police vehicles.
Police difficulty in curbing the problems mentioned could be a contributing factor to the public in several cases, understands that it is the criminals that control in the areas of . Such a view can be contested role of the police as a guarantor of security, and ultimately reduce the public's tendency to turn to the police . The situation in these areas is of concern , and have in many cases led to the police not been able to fulfill its task.

Page 1 - The Summary

It says nothing about ceding areas to Muslims.

It's says nothing about ceding the areas.

It's says nothing about Muslims.

It's a report saying that police find it difficult to work in these areas...
Like the Bronx, or Compton...

The OP narrative and the narrative of The a Daily Caller was bulls# on page 1 & it's bulls# now!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

In Sweden there are currently 55 geographic areas where local criminal networks is considered to have a negative impact on the local community . The areas are spread across 22 cities - from large cities to smaller towns and is considered to be socio- economically disadvantaged . The large criminal impact on the local community appears to be linked to the social context in the areas of , rather than a willingness by the criminals to take power and control of the local community .

The players can be roughly divided into a younger and an older layer which partly linked by kinship. The younger ones are usually loosely connected criminal networks centered around a few key people . Their crime is less complex and often consist of drug sales to level abuse , thefts and burglaries in the neighborhood. The elderly are more structured and are involved in more organized crime such as advanced thefts and organization of drug supply to the areas.
Frequently crime among local criminals in areas including open- group drug trafficking , criminal settlements which manifests itself in serious violence in a public place , various forms of extortion and unlawful influence and acting out grievances against society. All of the above expressions manifesting publicly critical Minell power and becomes a reminder of what the criminal actors are capable of. That along with the active pressure on the local community in the form of threats, blackmail and våldshandling- s is assumed to be the basis for the fear police believe exist in the local community . Fear manifests itself in that it is difficult to get people to participate in the process , litigation against local criminals.

Development in the areas has resulted in difficulties in investigating crimes . Police have in other respects difficult to work in these areas, including on the grounds that the environment reacts against the police intervention at or by attacking police vehicles.
Police difficulty in curbing the problems mentioned could be a contributing factor to the public in several cases, understands that it is the criminals that control in the areas of . Such a view can be contested role of the police as a guarantor of security, and ultimately reduce the public's tendency to turn to the police . The situation in these areas is of concern , and have in many cases led to the police not been able to fulfill its task.

Page 1 - The Summary

It says nothing about ceding areas to Muslims.

It's says nothing about ceding the areas.

It's says nothing about Muslims.

It's a report saying that police find it difficult to work in these areas...
Like the Bronx, or Compton...

The OP narrative and the narrative of The a Daily Caller was bulls# on page 1 & it's bulls# now!

It's hard to address a paper without a link to the source. Could you please put one up so it can be discussed?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
One of most richest and democratic countries in the World , with biggest human freedoms, best healthcare, high standard etc.. because of stupid politicians who are not seeing the danger of Islam are risking the future of Sweden.Maybe its too late , maybe not.Ban the islam and expel all who dont abide by the law.Honesty without political correctness is needed from politicians.

edit on 4-11-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I used google translate pal.

Same source from the OP, except it says nothing about Muslims.

Now this isn't me denying there is trouble in Sweden, but this is a disingenuous article from a shady right wing group.

You get what you give, and all that fluff.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As far as I have come to understand what is going on, since I actually live in Sweden and there was a lot about this on the news some time ago; what happened was that young adults, mainly immigrants, were reacting to the prejudice and harassment from law enforcement that they had to endure frequently.

Sweden is, unfortunately, rather segregated; with lots of immigrants all bundled up in the outskirts and suburbs of the larger cities. It has resulted in many such areas becoming very poor, because of the difficulty of getting a job and a decent salary as an immigrant, which in turn has obvious negative effects on the community. Such as people having to turn to a life of crime, increasing the level of illegal activity going on in the area, which then forces the police to increase their presence. Not to mention the fact that it gets extremely difficult for the immigrant to integrate with the Swedish society effectively; if at all.
The youths and young adults in the area are then often painted as potential criminals, simply because they may somehow be affiliated with someone who is in the system or because they "look" like they could be criminals. No brainer, huh? A colored young man, with sneakers, jeans and a hoodie in the hood. Hanging out with others who look just like him. Obviously he's a criminal... Right?
Who wouldn't be frustrated for being targeted like that, mostly because they have had the misfortune of living in that particular area, being an immigrant and looking a certain way?

It's a complex situation, which may or may not be more or less affected by the fact that we have a lot of muslim immigrants and refugees coming to Sweden. But the real problems are segregation, the difficulty for immigrants to integrate into the Swedish society and the tense relationship between the local communities and law enforcement.

That's just how I have come to understand the situation. The point is, and please note that I am both atheist and of the mind that religion is a bad thing in general (no disrespect to believers); the immigrants being muslim is not the main concern here.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ABeing

You speak too much sense. Let's talk about how Muslims are trying to conquer the world.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
I don't know about the posted source, but my in-laws are from south of Malmo and they say that this has been going on a while and getting steadily worse. At my last visit, they refused to go to certain areas of Malmo due to the animosity of the inhabitants and said that they were essentially "no Swedes allowed" areas.

They blamed it on their version of the PC crowd and the national desire to not appear prejudiced and to appear inclusive at all costs. There is a growing groundswell of resentment form many Swedes. You have to realize that the Swedes are largely non-religious and those who do go to church usually do it for baptisms, funerals, weddings, and Christmas only. Not a whole lot of strong religious feeling there. In addition, they are a very tolerant and free spirited people, especially where sexuality is concerned. A religious fanatical area where women are abused for wearing short skirts or people abused for drinking is an anathema to the average Swede but, OTOH, their belief in tolerance and diversity prevents them from taking action. Sweden is a lovely place with lovely people and if anyone here hasn't been, I highly recommend going for a visit.

their (swedes) tolerance will eventually get them hurt or killed by Muslims. tolerance is antithetical to Islam.....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABeing
the immigrants being muslim is not the main concern here.

Why are you lying ? I personally know at least 30 orthodox immigrants who doesnt have problem integrating with Sweden system.They are working, abiding by the law and enjoying the Sweden dream , which indeed is a dream.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

As a Swedish citizen, I am personally not the least worried that the muslim citizens of this country would attempt to take over here.

The situation with IS, which of course is the self-proclaimed Islamic State, not every single muslim person on the planet; is an entirely different thing. One that I am, however, quite concerned about.

Does it affect the muslims here in Sweden? More or less. Would they organize and overthrow our government? No, I don't think so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join