It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the meaninglessness of interaction with people

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I've never been anybody but myself that I know of or remember so I have nothing to compare to. My personal idea currently is that emotional intelligence is what binds people to the earthly, and lack of emotional intelligence is liberation from the earthly.

your description of the world and others seems very bleak and sad

There's an example. I talked about this in another thread entitled "why do people believe there's a future on Earth?". I don't see it as pessimism, I think that pessimism is what emotionally intelligent people's minds label it.

I think that the elite are trying to break down people's emotional intelligence, alienate people, to liberate them. This is usually talked about as being for the purpose of gaining power over people. But I think there is another dimension to it. Which I talked about here and here.
edit on 061130Fri, 07 Nov 2014 15:06:37 -0600201437pAmerica/Chicago2014-11-07T15:06:37-06:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

I get that. I pointed out my impression of your view as "bleak and sad" as an example of my own misinterpretation, and how we can feel totally different about things.

In another thread, I was misunderstood as being "resigned" to a bleak future, because I perceive climate change as happening, but that too, was a misinterpretation of my feelings on the subject.

In any case, we probably won't experience any agreement or mutual understanding here, because that would undermine your choice to stay feeling separate from other humans, so I won't try. I respect your path. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
In any case, we probably won't experience any agreement or mutual understanding here, because that would undermine your choice to stay feeling separate from other humans
That's kind of like saying I'll let you keep your self-chosen delusions. I don't think that's necessarily how it works. It can be seen as you yourself coming from the viewpoint you claim I have.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
John Lash says Jews have a form of paranoid schizophrenia, Zen Gardner says Jews were thrown out of country after country because of their own antisocial behavior. E Michael Jones says rejecting Christ is central to being a Jew. I think there is a lot more to this than simply choosing to not connect to others. I personally believe that corruption and enlightenment are closely connected, and that without corruption there would be no civilization at all. The least evolved people have the most children.

civilization is sterilization
Brave New World, Aldous Huxley

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist

originally posted by: Bluesma
In any case, we probably won't experience any agreement or mutual understanding here, because that would undermine your choice to stay feeling separate from other humans
That's kind of like saying I'll let you keep your self-chosen delusions. I don't think that's necessarily how it works. It can be seen as you yourself coming from the viewpoint you claim I have.

Oh... well I certainly didn't mean you have any delusions, self chosen or otherwise! It is true that we are separate individuals, it is also true that we are connected, in the way all of humanity is, (all life, I suspect)
I just kinda consider that at any given time, we choose to focus on one side or the other of that reality.

I guess I do claim to be aware of my separation, from you, or anyone.... just sometimes we choose to focus on our connection instead... but I would like to only do that with people who also wish to do so. I was trying to be respectful.
Guess I failed. It was 5 AM when I posted, perhaps I shouldn't have tried!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join