It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s not Armageddon, it’s the dawn of Idiocracy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Haha. I had a day almost exactly like that a few weeks ago. You have my sympathy and agreement...all but for one thing. It's not the dawn of idiocracy...it's about noon-ish.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"Carl's Jr. F$%K YOU, I'm eating!"

That movie serves as a cautionary tale to our over-consumerist culture and gratification now mindset.

When everything is provided for you, what incentive does one have to better themselves?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Didn't you vote in George W Bush? Was that just an experiment to ascertain how Joe public would react to someone so dumb in charge, he done everything he could to act and sound like a moron, yet you voted him in for a second term.

With Bush as the role model, what do you expect?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The range in brains is pretty broad... and most people on the higher IQ end, through history, must've always felt that way about the future... but rest assured that brainy scientists have it under control and will tweak the dna to produce a better breed of thinker for our future... or not...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Don't be thinking your dilemma is only in America, I'm from the UK and it's exactly the same here.
It's come to a point where I don't speak my views and opinions, I've had enough of that glazed and vacant look I get back constantly.
The truth is, it's the same all over the world.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The PTB have always wished to dumb the general population down, and they have succeeded remarkably well. The welfare state which encourages the single mother household and absent fathers, the educational system run by bureaucrats, an immigration policy that is anti-white, an insecure border to the south, and a voting system that doesn't require any proof of value to the society--or even any proof of being a citizen--all these things mean the USA is doomed as a society. I don't know where we are going from here, but I'm sure TPTB have it planned out for us, whether we like it or not.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Didn't you vote in George W Bush? Was that just an experiment to ascertain how Joe public would react to someone so dumb in charge, he done everything he could to act and sound like a moron, yet you voted him in for a second term.

Let's see ... it was him or Al "I Invented the Internet" Gore who thinks the planet has a fever of billions of degrees. Now ever given what you may or may not believe about Global Warming ... that last statement is still absolutely stupid. Then there was John Kerry who isn't any smarter than the other two.

So, what's your point?

Oh, and we followed him with Obama who hasn't done anything except give a really good speech for which he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and then he proceeded to bomb several Middle Eastern nations ...
edit on 4-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I agree OP its not the end of days , not even close, just some internet hoaxers

edit on 4-11-2014 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
need i say more?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

edit on pm1120143006America/ChicagoTue, 04 Nov 2014 18:06:48 -0600_11u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Let's see ... it was him or Al "I Invented the Internet" Gore who thinks the planet has a fever of billions of degrees. Now ever given what you may or may not believe about Global Warming ... that last statement is still absolutely stupid. Then there was John Kerry who isn't any smarter than the other two.

So, what's your point?

Oh, and we followed him with Obama who hasn't done anything except give a really good speech for which he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and then he proceeded to bomb several Middle Eastern nations ...

My point?

I guess my point is if we are voting in complete idiots, constantly telling us how great their decisions are and how they are doing everything for us, we soon start imitating their behaviour. If you add enough sugar to something, it simply becomes sugar.

Don't get me wrong, it is happening here in the U.K and we're just as culpable.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2014 by arjunanda because: Double Post

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well Emerys, If you have read anything about these issues, everything goes in cycles actually Circles and Cycles to be Nearer The Truth.

There are The Innovators, The Imitators and The Imbeciles in this order. The Innovators set up The Systems of repetitive commerce and keep building upon it through their business lifetimes.

The Imitators are The Inheritors of this system already created and usually don't do much as far as improvements on the already assembled business framework.

Now The Imbeciles are usually those who have Inherited this mechanism from The Imitators. They usually are Not Very Interested in anything to do with their Golden Goose that has been give to them, and usually Lifestyle and Party away what has been left to them. We are currently squarely in The THROES OF THE IMBECILES. We will not recover until these Mercedes Driving Lifestylers completely destroy The Legacy of what has been left to them. At that point rebuilding can begin and a New Cycle Commences. If you search through your own lifetime you will probably have come across All Three Archetypes in your travels through your lifetime.

A cautionary tale as to how not to build a Dynasty LOL Arjunanda. a reply to: Emerys

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Isn't it sad how everyone seems to think they're so intellectual and smart?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michaelmcinerney12345
Don't be thinking your dilemma is only in America, I'm from the UK and it's exactly the same here.
It's come to a point where I don't speak my views and opinions, I've had enough of that glazed and vacant look I get back constantly.
The truth is, it's the same all over the world.

I know that look, it's very disheartening....

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The easiest way to manipulate the masses is via fear. Most fears are irrational, or inflated beyond rational proportions. Intelligent, educated, open minded people are more likely to reign in the power of irrational fears via educated, rational thought.

TPTB are not only waging a war against proper education for the masses, but they are building up belief systems among the most ignorant that actually convinces them that science, education and rational thought are wrong, flawed or even evil.

No matter what the ideological raiments despotic movements cloak themselves with, all totalitarian movements have singled out intellectuals as the greatest enemies of their movement. Even intellectuals that would lean in the ideological direction the despots espouse.

In America, the Republican party has been co-opted by forces that wish to demonize education and intellectual thought, while embracing ignorance. As the ability for rational thought to resist the manipulation based on fear and other negative emotions is diminished, the ignorant masses become willing sheep for the slaughter.

The Democratic Party has been co-opted for use in a different strategy of nullification. They speak to the educated, the empathetic and those that resist ignorance, talking about the importance of education and compassionate support of the disadvantaged. However, they employ deeply flawed strategies in the political realm, seemingly intended to hand power to the party that fuels and embraces ignorance.

President Obama is an intelligent, driven, talented man, yet his political strategies of the last two years have been idiotic, incompetent and seemingly designed to make himself and Democrats easy targets for the politics of Fear and Ignorance.

TPTB want their revolution to appear democratic. They want to co-opt their intended slaves into willingly embracing their future slavery. The illusion of choice and the power of belief in the cause creates a populace that will fight to protect those who have robbed them of their freedom.

Divide and conquer. Why do you think the tools of divisiveness have been fine tuned over the course of the last 70 years to produce such duality among Americans and in other nations as well?

The growing ignorance and clear willingness of so many to vote against their own self interests in support of the power elite serves an additional purpose. As we become more accustomed to idiocy in election results, the more direct manipulation of vote tallies come into play, with little fear of backlash or discovery. Election results that make no rational sense are becoming the norm. This means that when unexpected results do appear, people are much more willing to write it off as a sign of the ignorance of the voting public, rather than a warning flag that the tallies may be entirely bogus.

The Founding Fathers thought that freedom of speech and the right to bare arms would protect the nation from Tyranny and the strategy worked well until the end of the 20th century. Now, the power elite control the press, overtly and covertly. Those most concerned with the right to bear arms are those most likely to take up those arms in support of the actual threat to their freedom, the party and falsely expressed beliefs meant to provide foot soldiers of our intended oppressors.

Make the ignorant feel like "chosen, valued Confederates" in a war against those nasty, uppity, bleeding heart intellectuals and your future slaves eliminate those who pose the biggest threat to their own slavery.

It's a sinister, devious strategy and I believe their end game is close at hand.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Will we be able to avoid the idocratic future by finally getting the truth ?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I actually think I'm quite stupid.. but I tend to be well read compared to my peers which are mostly clueless about geopolitics and really don't care much about what is going on. And if they do, they're mostly cultural Marxists parroting the politically correct media.

So, in my experience I believe it may not have to do as much with intelligence as with a lack of thirst for knowledge. I mostly read all day, most people I know spend their time on stupid memes on 9gag, social media, watching movies or playing video games.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

It's not Armageddon. . .YET !

And as this site motto states, DENY IGNORANCE, but ignorance IS the virus becoming a PLAGUE.

Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat!
Whom a god wishes to destroy he first drives MAD !

Corruption and destruction is moving at an ever increasing rate towards devastation. The United States will know what it is, the name for is it's REVELATION !

Trahison des Clercs
Treason of the Intellectuals

"Don't be afraid"
is told to us more times as a commandment than any other.
It is time to " look up " as the end draws nears.

Not only has our education system been dumbed down but IN GOD, we the people, TRUST.
Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe. . . open your eyes and believe what you are seeing.

edit on 5-11-2014 by RedDorothy because: Needs a fix

edit on 5-11-2014 by RedDorothy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Well well well !
Seems like I too can make some decent predictions after all.
Look what for a trailer appeared on the web, the day after I posted the Idiocracy extract :

Featuring Aldof's dino army and a reptilian Sarah Palin at the white house ...
What a guess !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join