It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS hero smuggled cannabis into UK for suffering ex-soldiers after Government failed them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Suicide is such a better option? Many come back from the field really screwed up. Some that don't get help kill themselves. Happened to a brother of a coworker that came back from Bosnia.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Rodinus
Hmmm...?

If I understand correctly, empathy and understanding others are not your strongest points... Maybe I am wrong?

Mind if I ask if you have been personally involved or injured or even witnessed the horrors of special forces missions Solo?

It is so easy to judge from ones comfortable armchair when one has not "been there"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I'm not judging the guy on what he and his mates have been through...whatever it is it was self inflicted anyway. but his story is BS. spend a few days in court and you will get the jist of it. I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing even resembling the truth. Even the Police are at it.

ps, To use your ex comrades illnesses as an excuse to smuggle drugs is the lowest anyone can stoop...He's not my Hero.

Looks like there's no indication that he was lying and that he was really helping those in need.

Maybe this really is a case where there's no corrupt background parties involved.

edit on 4-11-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Or buy online.

Though in a ideal world anything involving cannabis would not be a crime and this thread would never be on ATS.

Make Norman Baker Home Secretary, let's vote in the Lib Dems

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Haha no, I want out of Europe thanks!
...it's not like it's difficult to get UK grown pot with the current laws, and while I support decriminalisation the guy knew the risks he took, and he would have been safer just growing a few plants at home. They all would, no prison risk, maybe a slap on the wrist £100 penalty charge at best.
Sack smuggling off for a game of soldiers when it's so easy to grow personal without the risk of prison.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
yeah that's not a whole lot to smuggle anyways. In the Grand Scheme of things.

This would make maybe 30 vials of Oil? maybe even 50? It would last probably a month, maybe even a month and a half with 5 or 7 guys all eating it.

Is it specifically mentioned what he was using it for? For smoking or for creating extracts?

Because in the case of making oil. It does require A LOT. to create a small ammount.
I recon, And even if they were smoking it. That ammount among 5-7 people would last about 2 months maybe.
If they were to light up every 30 minutes and every one of them rolled .5. It would be gone MUCH faster.

I don't see much profit in smuggling this ammount but rather he probably went to spain for the Deals.
It was estimated at 7000 but that's in US market value. That does not reflect the market value of the rest of the world.

In canada A gram goes for 10$, As you go up in ammount it becomes cheaper. It is possible and somewhat easy to find a medical grower who is willing to part with 1 pound for between 900-1800. The man only had 3.7 pounds.

Assuming he got it for 1500 a P That is only 4500$. And at 1200 a P that is 3500. To be 7000$ It would have to be 2333$ a P.

Do those prices reflect market value in europe and spain?

Because in Canada, That price is outrageous for a P. Tho in the states, Even the smallest ammount can earn you big money as they charge 20$ a gram at dispensaries.

I hope they decriminalize it, So it can become a mass produced plant regulated by food safety.
Because it needs to be implimented into our diet to increase the populations resistances to disease.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Agree completely.

Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids, so eating them is actually very health wise. And they don't taste bad either...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Suicide is such a better option? Many come back from the field really screwed up. Some that don't get help kill themselves. Happened to a brother of a coworker that came back from Bosnia.

Or end up in prison because they chose to commit crimes because they couldn't adjust to civvy street. Would it surprise you that many ex special forces have chosen to used their skills learned for nefarious purposes.
Bank robbery is quite high up on the to do list for ex SAS. Drug running is a walk in the park for these guys.

I'm pretty sure having the ability to BS your way out of a tight situation is always a better option than to shoot your way out of one.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

OK. You don't like vets, got it. Now can you provide any stats on that? I don't mean a few isolated incidents....numbers. Percentages.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Why wouldn't they just take a job at a PMC? I mean, if you are active enough to the point that robbing banks was still an option for you, what would be stopping you from taking a contractor job somewhere and likely for better pay?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Wouldn't it be great if cereal had cannabinoid extracts like CBD sprayed on it as well as the vitamines and other crap they already spray it with.

That would probably aid in obesity, And how about drinks at the local seven eleven? Wouldn't it be awesome if you could get a CBD extract chocolate *Energy* milk bottle?

How about a chocolate bar? With CBD rich hash infused into the chocolate?

How about bags of dried cannabis being sold in the spice iles?

It wouldn't be hard to package CBD on products well at the same time for people who don't want to be inibreated. Make CBD the standard for food safety. And with all other products with mild sedating effects be labled to have Active THC or THCa.

So if people wanted to unwind they could chew the THCa enfused gum to alivate stress more effectively.

Continue to have the no smoking by public doorways rule. And a Pot consideration rule. Where people who will smoke it, Cannot smoke it in the public place. In the presence of people who are opposed to the sedating effects.

As to keep and maintain respect for those who don't want the influence in their lives.
That's mostly what people are afraid of, the ones who are opposed to this all. Is people walking down the street puffing on a doobie.

That should be still illegal in the presence of so many people who may not want to smell it and be somewhat offended by its odor.

When it becomes legalized or decriminalized. I prefer decriminalized. The governments should make commercials showing that smokers should pay respect to non smokers. So that non smokers can respect smokers for their decisions. Rather than threatening the non smokers with the chokeing presence of well... smoke.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

OK. You don't like vets, got it. Now can you provide any stats on that? I don't mean a few isolated incidents....numbers. Percentages.

SAS and Bank robbery

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You're kidding, right? I said numbers and percentages. Not isolated incidents. And especially not ones 40 years old.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

veterns are not diseased the moment they come back. What you are saying implies a very general (Pun intended) outlook on how these vets will reappear to the citizen scene.

Sure lots of war vets have PTSD. That does not mean they are instantly criminals.
you cannot give this subject such a generic label for something so general in public we can add numbers to how many poor people living in poverty striken areas of the U.S are automatically incorperated into organized crime but if we did that.

It would not only be racist but highly inaccurate.

You are basically saying free will has no power over how these people act. That is dangerous.
I'm sure your intentions are good, But that's also really offensive. I hope you are being sarcastic but the links suggest you are being serious.

edit on 4-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I'm not judging the guy on what he and his mates have been through...whatever it is it was self inflicted anyway. but his story is BS.

^ I think this idea that we're all responsible entirely for own fates is one of the greatest conspiracies of modern life. We have more science than ever that directly contradicts this but the state keeps pushing it. Why? Because if you convince everyone it's their own fault no one will feel bad when the disabled and mentally disturbed have their life clocks shortened and their support networks pulled.

Getting in the SAS is mega hard. These people tried to be the best they possible could be and they're often from disadvantaged backgrounds. They made choices yes, but other people made choices on their behalf too. I'm not saying I know one way or the other ... perhaps this person just couldn't find a fulfilling job, but hero or not that doesn't mean I can't understand or show so empathy no?
edit on 5-11-2014 by Pinke because: quotes

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Take the SAS/Hero? question out of it, would we still believe his story. I doubt it very much.

By the sounds of it some people on here should be hanging out at the barrack gates in Herefordshire or Catterick like little schoolgirls chasing a boyband member for a sniff of his Tighty Whities.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Why does this 1. not surprise me and 2. make me think this might be a formal network of weed smuggling former SAS soldiers?

Do former SAS still travel with an official passport? or is that only for serving personnel?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Like Soloprotocal, i find this quite suspicious.

Firstly, anyone who was NOT a member of the Armed Forces could expect a way beyond "Street Value" assessment of his cache, wheres this guy got a fair price on the key, more or less without tasting the goods you understand.

This is very rare.

Then, buying in Spain.

So the gear is coming from N Africa most likely and is either hash, or a lower grade of weed than every grower in the UK produces countless tons of with no need to mess around with borders.

Now this guy is likely smart and would have done his homework on MMJ and would have learned how easy and relatively risk free is is to buy specific strains of seed to treat certain conditions.

But no, he goes to Spain, to buy gear poorly suited for medicine from a bunch of crims he needed a connection to.

As we all know, he could easily have set up a plantation or five with little or no risk with his level of nous.

So i'm putting this down as some kind fact finding run for smuggling much larger quantities as a commercial venture, favourable treatment from the CPS and Judge as he's SAS, and the unconditional support of former brothers in arms.

The story does not fit the explanation.

edit on 5-11-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
in the SAS? and got got him!
sounds like hes stupid.

you can go on a coach holiday and bring a case load back.
they dont search your bags. never did when I whet on holls

or better yet. come back on the night ferry.
and drop it over the side on a rope.
and as you get in to dock drop it.
and have some one pick it up.

but to have it in a car!

edit on 5-11-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join