It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal dig unearths ancient Egyptian temple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In places like the Middle East where cultures and civilizations have been around for thousands of years the number of sites is staggering. Many times more concentrated than the Americas. I worked at one site that had British rifle cartridges atop Ottoman pottery and bits of brassware; atop Venetian muskets balls and glass; atop an Arab habitation level; atop a thick layer of Byzantine and Roman occupation; atop a Greek fortification that later became a store room; atop a bronze age site with Minoan artifacts; a sterile band then copper age materials with some ancient Egyptian goods then finally a large layer of scatter stone age tools going back 10,000 years.

(Kalavassos and Tenta site)

One last story

Once at an Egyptian train station somewhere on the Aswan to Cairo line I had to wait a bit and was pacing about in the parking lot that was located - of course in a large patch of sandy/rocky terrain, while kicking around on the edges I came across a nice piece of what I use to call 'bisque pottery' (Amratian or Naqada I) which probably dated to circa 3750 BCE rather unusually far north of where it would normally be found. One has to ask how it got there!

The stuff is everywhere underfoot.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Then more ancient wonders may be discovered... what's wrong with that? :/

They would be sold on the black market.

Other than that, nothing.

Harte

<< 1   >>

join