It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Manhattan’s secret ‘cult’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There is a bunch of freaking cults that believe they hail from atlantis or the moon. But these guys are ALSO doomsday prepped, and after thinking about that why would they be based in Manhattan? I think I have met a former member of the "Light" once in a panel for a spirituality convention in Ohio. I'll research a bit more about them, but overall they actually sound a little cool

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThyBoi1

Yeah there are a lot of weird cults that's for sure. I'm all for you're right to believe you are from atlantis or the moon or saskatchawan or whatever but as soon as you start developing a "master race" complex I become a bit jittery. I don't know why a group like this would want to be based in Manhattan of all places and I honestly doubt that is the location of their headquarters. More likely it is out west somewhere away from prying eyes. The brownstone referenced in my OP is likely a front to misdirect, I am sure they use it exactly how they say, but I definitely don't believe that is where the Light is based, exclusively.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would like to know where the original poster found this or heard of this information?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LaaLuxx

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

source

From my OP.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
all the space # seems legit and there are 700 similar religions. Alright cool. But the weird aryan beliefs... Twist! So is this a legit faith or more of a hate club with an owl mascot ? I sure can't tell

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: peachesx

They seem to be quite the conglomerate of strange beliefs, that's for sure. The ones that worry me the most are the militia training and aryan beliefs though.

Too strange.

Also, its weird that they seem so cosmopolitan and "upper crust" so to speak. It really makes me wonder about whose names are on their ledgers and how many of them we might recognize.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
Gotta agree with you there friend

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Morganmoonbaby

What?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morganmoonbaby

Shut up russians! You cannot do nothing else than creating mess and chaos. Is not big problem to seek and search how thing really are... what are owls etc... what they mean every culture really, and how people are pervewrting everything. If you smart enough you are not posrting these at all alla or just check and come to cinsclusion that yes, hey, there is nascza lines in washington with owl and pentagon and yeah same bull#, bevause this is told in this site bibliopleyadejesus dot gom dot org so is not true... what is owl really as totem symbol and whom they appeared as so on... if we go littlle deeper and teaching much more than bull# and new age crap about Grand canyon archeolgy for example... then you say what the # you speak for me about ... because you are russian or some #ing troll... you are responsible also what you are posting and abpout what you are talking bull# and who you blashbeming and so on.... I am #ing regret nothing..-.

I was in fontanka drinking vodka with Chizhyk-Pyzhik...

I had to give you your 2nd star for this because in 182 words I have no idea what you are trying to say. none.
I have never seen a karma of 1 before either. that has to take effort.
ETA: my star gave you a 2 karma, congratulations.

I have heard of these guys.

The Congregation for the Light has operated its New York City headquarters on Manhattan's East Side since the 1970s
The group has around 200 members in New York and satellites in Washington, DC and Atlanta
Exiled members reveal the group's belief in the impending end of days, reincarnation, and karmic retribution

Miller said the group believed that once that doomsday did finally come, group members would ascend to a planet called Nay where they'd live blissfully and without gender or stomachs.

Reminds me of Heavens Gate.

'They believe in a master Aryan race . . . that lived on Atlantis,' another former member, this one anonymous, told the Post.

Cant forget the tried but true Nazi ideology.

But only those who did as they were told. Women, for instance, are not allowed to seek out higher education and must in most cases be married off in their teens in order to stay a part of the group.

Mix in a little Islamic extremism.

The group, Miller said, bans all decor in a home that doesn't contain its symbols: the owl and a cross with an 'x.'

A touch of Bohemian grove.

'You were always told if you leave the Light, you're subjected to evil . . . because you don't have protection,' Miller said.

And add a little Scientology sprinkled on top.

'I didn’t start living until I left the Light,' he said.

The one truth I found.
SOURCE
edit on 1 9 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yeah, these guys freak me out. They have literally taken some of the worst ideologies from some of the most extreme political and religious beliefs from some of the worst organizations we have seen on this planet.

Again, I really wonder as to The Light's membership and how many of the names we might recognize from government and media.

They are a very cosmopolitan cult and that worries me. Most cults are rural but these guys do it all from a Manhattan brownstone right under the noses of unsuspecting citizens.

They do a good job of remaining under the radar though as I had not heard of them prior to authoring this thread.

Thanks for the additional info stosh!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

smells like russian and smells like teen spirit.. u know teenage spirit... and trash of evolution... evolution of # are russians... I am so #ing sorry I even speak with u.. I don't know what but in my mind I wanted to have romance and ROMAnce.. still in romance.... but ok......... Fontanka don't made me feel better and I didn't shoot but I tried many times...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
3 pages in and not one person mentioned Bubo.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Could you elaborate, please? As I said I'm new to research regarding The Light so anything further would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: TheArrow

Could you elaborate, please? As I said I'm new to research regarding The Light so anything further would be appreciated.

I'm a huge Harryhausen fan, so as soon as I saw that owl, I couldn't unsee Bubo.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

THIS IS REPLY TO GALIOLO SOMETHING GREAT. BACAUSE FOR SURE HE KNOWS HOW TO BLOCK MY MESSAGING WITH ME...

BUT OK.. FOR FOR DEN GAGLIOLO WE MEAN THIS

www.youtube.com...

anyway anywhere... friends and so..

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Morganmoonbaby

Your f###ing nuts. Go away please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join