It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy, We Need To Talk... Chris Rutkowski Editorial

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: CardDown

I agree with AgentShillington that a lot more could of / should of been said , the subject is in a bad state ... I did find this amusing though.

This may be of interest.
Chris Rutkowski's Canadian UFO Survey - is it the end for ufology?

You think Stanton knows more about pasta sauce than UFOs?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
...I'd bet that the majority are awarded to known hoaxes, YT videos and skeptic versus believer threads. The few that address genuinely puzzling incidents don't appeal to most people.

How much of that might have to do with, "if it doesn't seem to support the ETH, then it's obviously some crackpot theory and as such I have no interest"

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: AgentShillington

Il ask one question, are you able to do any of these things yourself? or like most people just take the word of the "scientists" who say they have the data etc.

YES! And so can you! That's the beauty of the scientific method, my friend. The natural world works the way it works whether you believe in it or not, and science help us understand that. It's kind of disappointing that you see someone looking back on their education to help them make sense of there world as a hindrance, but we are all stepping on the shoulders of giants, unless we are only looking within ourselves for answers. No man is an island.

And you are mistaken anyway. You beliefs and ideas are not completely your own. You learned what to think. You don't honestly believe that you were born with the knowledge of how to speak and type in the English language or that the Earth rotates around the Sun. Heck, even your ideas of what aliens are has been formatted by your culture of origin.

I'm sorry, I just can't take your opinions seriously anymore. It is too difficult.

a reply to: TheLaughingGod

That's easy.

I trust anyone that can provide results that can be confirmed and repeated in a controlled environment.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Thanks for your response and you speak alot of sense. I dont look at my past education as useless, just the methods by which they were done. Also at least half of it (and its being generous) has been long ago in the useless pile. When i say not to believe as you say the earth going around the sun i dont mean just to deny it, but to question your education and do the math and research if possible. As with the idea of aliens i understand what you say in that we are influence by movies etc, but again i havent taken an image from a movie and accepted that, i have thought about the needs and requirements an alien being would require to survive in whatever habitat. That would lead me to what laws of physics these aliens would be surviving in and how to best understand it.
I agree with you saying we do use a lot of these sciences even as a role of comparison. As how could we begin to understand something so alien we have yet to comprehend it, so the only method i could use is to compare it eg like gravity but weaker, etc.
As for child language acquisition i was in no position to prevent me being brainwashed into communicating in this terrible Belfast accent attempt at broken english. Only by taking time and going against the grain have i been able to excel in language (wouldnt think so by my lazy typing style

Basically if you want real answers by which you can commit yourself fully to you have to question and research everything that you can. (You may end up being wrong sometimes, but at least you have exercised that avenue.)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Before we can even begin to study extraterrestrials, we have to find extraterrestrials. To do that, we are going to use science, not spirituality. If spirituality could find ANYTHING, we would all have open lines to ghosts, demons, gods, and angels. Because we've been trying to find those with spirituality for a lot longer than we have been trying to find aliens with it.

That's my whole point.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

Great article.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

You think Stanton knows more about pasta sauce than UFOs?

I reckon Stanton thought Bongiovi was all about "Livin' on A Prayer" ,making people "Keep the Faith" and possibly gave us all a dose of "Bad Medicine" along the way................

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join